• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

What if a remake or a new Final Fantasy came to the 3DS? Wouldn't that be pretty sweet, since it'd be quite perfect, providing it's gameplay was more like the older ones, not Final Fantasy VIII's, which would completely destroy the buttons on the 3DS. :P

I know about Theatrhythm and stuff, blah blah blah, but a remake would be pretty radical. C:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yeah and the 3DS can handle better graphics and stuff now can't it? I wouldn't mind seeing 6 being remastered since that was just wonderful. I think we might see a few more Dragon Quest remakes before we see another Final Fantasy one. But I don't mind remakes since it saves me setting an emulator up. And I would love to see some of my favorite games in HD.

Nakala Pri

But Dragon Quest is a pretty popular franchise which will no doubt steal the spotlight. ;-; I guess you just gotta take it in your stride, plus it's not like DQ is a bad franchise, it's just I want more people available for a theme. xD

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • What if a remake or a new Final Fantasy came to the 3DS? Wouldn't that be pretty sweet, since it'd be quite perfect, providing it's gameplay was more like the older ones,
    There is, and it's called Bravely Default. It's a game developed by Silicon Studios and published by Square Enix. Although it's not a Final Fantasy game, it's pretty much the closest thing you will get to an pre-VII Final Fantasy.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yeah though I heard something about you need to pay real life money for some things which has basically made me very unsure on whether or not to buy it. I like the art style it reminds me of the original art style for Final Fantasy and even closer to the four heroes of light game.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • There is, and it's called Bravely Default. It's a game developed by Silicon Studios and published by Square Enix. Although it's not a Final Fantasy game, it's pretty much the closest thing you will get to an pre-VII Final Fantasy.
    I dunno, it definitely feels enough like its own thing that I wouldn't associate the two (even though it technically is, since it's a spiritual successor to The 4 Heroes of Light), unless for the sake of conversation, that is.

But it's certainly no substitute, and people want to see these classics revitalized. Personally, I love remakes. I'm not talking HD remakes, where they just spruce up the graphics for HD and maybe add a few modern additions, I'm talking real remakes where the game is recreated from the ground up. And you don't see those much anymore. It's as if it's become some sort of taboo to make a modern remake of a game.

...Well, that or it's just cheaper to do HD (or in the case of Final Fantasy Classics, ugly-arse mobile) remakes.

Arc

Years
  • Yeah though I heard something about you need to pay real life money for some things which has basically made me very unsure on whether or not to buy it. I like the art style it reminds me of the original art style for Final Fantasy and even closer to the four heroes of light game.
    There are micro-transactions, but they're tacked onto the game and by no means necessary.

But yeah, the art for Bravely Default is done by Akihiko Yoshida. His works include Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy: Four Heroes of Light, Final Fantasy XIV. So, it's very obvious it gives off a Final Fantasy feel when you have an artist like Yoshida who's been working on the series for a long time now.

Nakala Pri

There is, and it's called Bravely Default. It's a game developed by Silicon Studios and published by Square Enix. Although it's not a Final Fantasy game, it's pretty much the closest thing you will get to an pre-VII Final Fantasy.

I know, my sister is getting that soon but I can't help feel a remake of another Final Fantasy game on the 3DS would be so awesome! :D But yeah... it might not sell much, with Bravely Default and stuff, so darn...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • A Final Fantasy remake would sell. ESPECIALLY if it were Final Fantasy VI. Honestly, I feel as if that's their ace in the hole, and that they're waiting to announce it because they know how much the fandom would explode if they did.

Well, that or VII, but that would probably a console endeavor. Then again, if either of those were remade in 3D at console scale, I'd lose. Those two or any other Final Fantasy game, really.

Arc

Years
  • You know, I would love to be wishful in thinking that Square Enix has some big plan to remake VI or any other fan-requested iteration. But there is inkling inside me, telling me that since it's Square Enix it will only be mobile-exclusive.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Well next year is the 30th anniversary of Chrono Trigger and a few of the members who developed it have expressed interest in remaking it. Even better now Squaresoft and Enix are now merged so that's a plus and Akira Toryama still does the artwork for DQ games so he could return. They wouldn't remake it for mobile though since they already ported it and you can't put "better" graphics on an already fantastic game. I might download the demo for Bravely Default sometime this week when I am at my grandmothers.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'd like to derail the topic a bit to share something.

First of all, my sister is not much a gamer at all. In fact, she thinks they're a waste of time. That doesn't mean she doesn't play games though, in fact she has a DS and once in a blue moon plays Halo or something. Not long ago she asked me if we had Bioshock Infinite because her friend urged her to try it.

Basically, she came down to the living room since she was bored a few days ago and noticed I was playing New Super Luigi U. Now she's a huge fan of Luigi and she played New Super Mario Bros a lot, so she asked me "is that Mario Bros with LUIGI?!" and kept telling me she wants to play. I kept warning her that it's hard as hell but eventually I figured I should just give it to her, since she'll give up.

At first, she was very overwhelmed. The combination of the low timer and fast paced level design had her anxious as hell. But she kept playing anyway. I was surprised, because she had a lot of fun despite dying a lot. Eventually she reached a level that was so hard for her, and despite asking her to let me finish it for her, she refused and kept trying. She reached that point a lot, sometimes she (to our surprise) manage to beat the level which made her feel like she accomplished something HUGE, sometimes she gave in and gave me a controller.

And so led to to many occasions where we laughed, screamed, blamed and pointed at each other. A lot of times she tells me to shut up because whenever I actually praise her for doing a difficult thing I jinx her and she dies. A lot of times I tell her to pass the controller to get through the level with my "unbeatable skills" only to die a lot too. Eventually, my brother and cousins noticed and wanted to join in too. So we passed each other the controller (we didn't want multiplayer because we all wanted to stay focused) and shared our experience together. Yesterday we had the most hilarious moment I ever witnessed in my gaming career ever. Basically, I was doing the world 4 castle with only 1 life left, and during the castle there were many times where I was just too close to dying. (If you're curious, this actually resulted to lot of pressure between us because a game over would mean we have to start over from the last boss tower/castle and I didn't want to feel shame from my sister and the rest) I manged to get to the boss gate, and once I opened, we noticed I had 99 COINS. I could have went back and got one more for an extra life, but it was too late, so I proceeded to the boss. It was seriously like a life and death situation, and despite how much I claimed that "don't worry, the bosses are easy" I clearly struggled to the point I was already hit to small Luigi right as I started. This led to a lot of cheering, and the atmosphere got more tense as the fight went on. Eventually, I only had to hit the boss once, and the boss and I jumped together. Everyone SCREAMED when we found out the I died because right as I landed the ice made me slip right under the boss' landing point. The house went RAMPAGE, and my sister even kicked me. It was unbelievable.

The last time we had a gaming moment like this was last year with Rhythm Heaven Fever, only though instead of my sister it was my little brother and his friends and cousins. They kept urging me to play "that game with the boyfriend kicking foot balls and the fork lifting and the wrestler!".

Last edited:

TY

I never had a gaming moment with the entire family, mainly since my stepmother is just someone who dislikes gaming in general.

Also the fact that we have no good games for more than 2 people or games everyone likes makes it even harder xD

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • The last time I had a 'gaming moment' like that, was when my SO was playing DarkSouls as she'd seen me play it a bunch.
    I noticed her playing so I logged onto my copy and invaded her, killed her, then logged off.

Such is life.

TY

Im beating my gf all the time in Tiberian Sun, though i lost once... that loss is even worse then losing to my Arch Nemesis ;-;

Though it was pretty hilarious xD

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I had gaming moment with my ex girlfriend and her family when I was still dating and living with her. Me, her mom, her father and her sister (along with she herself) were playing 100 Pin Bowling Mode in Wii Sports. I got like 5 Strikes in a row and they all laugh and love/hated me. One of my favorite gaming memories and family moments.

TY

Can we turn this whole "Gaming Moments" thing into a thread? I'm liking what I'm seeing, and I'll bet there are others who don't visit the DCC (which is a shocking number of VG forum users) that might want to add their own.

We can indeed, and tbh im gonna steal your idea :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back