• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How is Ash still 10 years old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
The creator of Pokemon said that as long as it is selling, Ash will stay 10 years old.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Do they actualy state that he's 10?
In the first episode of BW, the narrator says something along the lines of, "And this is Ash Ketchum, a 10 year old Pokemon trainer who wants to be the very best." Probably totally misquoted, but he does say that Ash is 10.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
There's several explanations Ash has the ring of power and it kept him from aging, He's in neverland, or he could be Peter Pan himself.

I don't really see why it's such a big deal I mean like Yugi said "We're in anime who know's how old we're supposed to be I mean I look 12 and Serenity looks like she's 16"
but I would be nice if Ash aged a little like ya know an 11th birthday

Years
A lot of characters in other anime don't age; it's not really a big deal that Ash is still 10 imho. My only gripe is that I wish they never mentioned his age to begin with - better for it to be left unknown so fans can speculate and make it whatever they'd be satisfied with.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
True, a lot of character do not age, and honestly I do not care anymore because the Pokemon anime got ridiculous after the 3rd gen.

Years
Not to mention in Gathering a gang of four in the Battle Frontier season
he said "It's been years since I've started my journey" or something in that effect

Yup, and I remember Brock saying " After all these years we still fall for team rocket's traps." He said in that episode where Ash caught Corphfish. *spelling?*

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Actually, I believe the answer is from the very first episode of Pokemon. For those of you that don't remember, while Pikachu and Ash where out on the Route, Ash saw a large peacock bird Pokemon, Ho-Oh, flew over Ash and over the rainbow, glittering. In Ho-Oh's Pokedex entry, it says as Ho-Oh flies on his seven colored wings, anyone that sees it is granted Eternal happiness. Now Ash saw it, so Ash is granted eternal happiness. And what is Ash's wish/eternal happiness? To be on a Pokemon journey. That is why he is always ten. But I'm sure that it is meant to target young viewers, but that is my theory.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Wow Piplup, I've never heard that theory before. It actually makes the whole series seem much more magical and reasonable now.

ADDITIONAL: Ooops, I didn't know this was an ancient thread, kwehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back