• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Playthrough

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Has anyone ever caught and used a shiny during one of their story line playthroughs? I've caught a couple of shinies in my time but only ever in the post game, and was wondering if anyone had been lucky enough to use one through the game - my biggest wish in Pokemon!

Interesting side note, the only time I've encountered a shiny during the story of a game was in Ruby - Wally's Ralts! Unfortunately after he caught it it lost its shininess for the rest of the game but still, that was infuriatingly hilarious.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I once used a Shiny Ponyta in Pokémon Diamond! Pretty sure it was my first shiny, and I was super glad I got it during the game rather than after the end of the main story haha. Only shiny I've gotten in time for that ):

Mystaldi

Spinda Master
    Years
  • Back in Leaf Green I managed to capture a shiny Spearow sometime after I beat the Lt. Surge, which I believe was also my first shiny, but I don't recall being too excited about it, I was probably too young to know how special it was. :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    lol no way never got lucky enough to have a shiny through story gameplay.

i always find shinies hard to come by.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Storywise the only time I did this was when I found a random shiny Shinx in Diamond. It was literally at the start of the game so it couldn't have been better timing!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Storywise the only time I did this was when I found a random shiny Shinx in Diamond. It was literally at the start of the game so it couldn't have been better timing!

This is exactly what I want! I'm sure I must be due a well timed shiny soon enough, but I'm always paranoid that I'm going to encounter one before I get pokeballs, or have another experience with Wally...

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • This is exactly what I want! I'm sure I must be due a well timed shiny soon enough, but I'm always paranoid that I'm going to encounter one before I get pokeballs, or have another experience with Wally...
    that would be awful haha. I really hope that doesn't happen to anyone, that's torture :(

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Nope. Every one of my random shiny encounters have happened either lategame when my party has already been established, postgame, or when I'm already raising the same Pokemon. It was hilarious in my last playthrough of Emerald a few years ago; I was levelling up Numel so it can catch up to everyone else, and who should appear but a shiny Numel.

Back