• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
But all the deaths and the crying, I can't! Hedwig and Fred and Tonks and Lupin and Colin Creevey and... I CAN'T READ THAT AGAIN. Not until I'm more emotionally mature!

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Wanna join. Like right now, please. I think there's been a few of these, lol

What house are you in?: Hufflepuff, of course.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core):Rowan, 8 3/4 inches, phoenix feather core lol original
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: DEAD. I don't want him to turn yellow, I want him to turn dead. THIS IS NOT UP FOR NEGOTIATION.

um I think it is physically impossible to read Deathly Hallows without crying. It is also physically impossible to read the last few chapters of OoTP without crying. For me, at least.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yeah, I still sob for an hour every time I read/listen to DH. :( I mean, I cry at everything so it's not really that big a deal but I still think it's normal to cry.

But yeah, it was May 2nd that the final battle took place. I don't think it says in the books but sometime, Rowling must have released a timeline with exact dates because they've been around in an official capacity for a while, I think.

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome Sakura Rain!

When Dumbledore died I was crying so hard I had to stop reading and watch four back-to-back episodes of Frasier just to calm myself down, and even then I couldn't start reading again until the next day because I couldn't bring myself to pick the book back up. I'm glad I did wait now, because holy crap the funeral and the other stuff leading up to it were sadder than the fact he was dead!

So yeah, you can imagine what kind of a basket case I was through Deathly Hallows :P

Sakura Rain

Years
My basket-case-ness started at the end of OotP, stopped through the first part of HBP, resumed at the end of HBP, and remained in full force throughout all of DH. With a little bit of it at the end of GoF. It was sad okay even though Cedric wasn't a major character and I'm a Hufflepuff okay;____; omg that was really the start
Spoiler:
wasn't it ;____________________; lol spoilered in the absurd case that someone hasn't read GoF

I can't believe that the last book was released in 2007. was it really that long ago jesus

Frasier is spectacular, I watched it constantly as a kid and am in fact watching it right now XD

Cherrim

Years
When I read most of the series, I was reeeally stoic because as a tomboy I felt it was my duty to not cry at things. That... had kind of changed by the time DH came out so I was a wibbly mess the WHOLE TIME I WAS READING IT and I was so confused because the series had never done that to me before. XD I guess I also cried at Dumbledore but that was the very end of the book and it was totally unexpected for me so I didn't mind it that much. @_@ But omg. DH. /baaaw

I remember having to read DH veeery carefully because the day it came out was the day my university had an open house and I wanted to go to it before I came here in the fall. But despite staying up all night, I hadn't finished reading the book so I took it with me and read it during all the presentations. Had a fangirly discussion with one of the profs helping out while I was reading it. XD; (omg that was like 5 years ago and i'm not even close to done my degree what am i doing with my life aaaah)

Frasier is awesome. The Crane brothers are so Ravenclaw it hurts. Hi, my name is Erica and I spend my free time figuring out what houses fictional characters would be in.

Sakura Rain

Years
When I read most of the series, I was reeeally stoic because as a tomboy I felt it was my duty to not cry at things. That... had kind of changed by the time DH came out so I was a wibbly mess the WHOLE TIME I WAS READING IT and I was so confused because the series had never done that to me before. XD I guess I also cried at Dumbledore but that was the very end of the book and it was totally unexpected for me so I didn't mind it that much. @_@ But omg. DH. /baaaw

I remember having to read DH veeery carefully because the day it came out was the day my university had an open house and I wanted to go to it before I came here in the fall. But despite staying up all night, I hadn't finished reading the book so I took it with me and read it during all the presentations. Had a fangirly discussion with one of the profs helping out while I was reading it. XD; (omg that was like 5 years ago and i'm not even close to done my degree what am i doing with my life aaaah)

Frasier is awesome. The Crane brothers are so Ravenclaw it hurts. Hi, my name is Erica and I spend my free time figuring out what houses fictional characters would be in.

hun we've already done wall of text in the SE fanclub let's try to control ourselves here DX

I cried most over OotP, because if you haven't figured this out yet
Spoiler:
Seriously do we have to spoiler tag this stuff? Idk because I'm sure there's someone on earth who hasn't read OotP. But also DH asdfjkl that was just one big bawl-fest.
Spoiler:

I've always pictured Ravenclaws as a big bunch of nerds. and I mean that in the good way XD so yes, the Crane brothers would fit in very nicely. off topic but omg I was watching that one episode the other day where Frasier wouldn't pay the toll booth man or whatever and Niles had a birdcage on his lap for whatever reason and Frasier goes "Hold on, Niles." AND PLOWS STRAIGHT THROUGH THE TOLL BOOTH GATE SDKLF:JKDFJ I WAS DYING

okay not even close to my normal sheer walls of text thank god DX

Cherrim

Years
I AM USUALLY PRETTY GOOD ABOUT THAT IN THIS CLUB. Mind you, I used to be really good about that in the KH club too. :(

I think the only spoiler tags needed here would just be for new content in the series. Like details about DH2 were spoiler'd last summer, Pottermore got spoilers for a while, and so on. XD; Book content should be fine, honestly.

I liked Sirius too but I uhh... when I read the book, I was speed reading it in one night and I didn't make the connection that he had died until people were yelling it at Harry trying to make him accept it. I DIDN'T THINK FALLING INTO A CURTAIN WAS DEADLY, OKAY? OTL So the sadness of his death was kind of lost on me because it seemed so ambiguous while I was reading it. :(

They also have the pompous thing that a lot of Ravenclaws have going on. Seriously, my welcome letter was entirely "YEAH WE'RE BETTER THAN THE OTHERS BECAUSE REASONS. GOODNESS, WE ARE SO SMART."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The books don't make me cry at all anymore. I used to cry during Order of the Phoenix, the end of Half-Blood Prince, and in Deathly Hallows, but I re-read it them other month and nothing. The movies, though, they still get me. All of them! I think it has to do with nostalgia or something. I'm still trying to decide if that's bad of me as a fan.

Cherrim

Years
How do the movies get you more than the books? o_O Did you watch them first or something?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
No, I had read the first four before the first movie even came out. :P
I don't really know why. Maybe it's the music? *shrug*

Cherrim

Years
Maybe.

I only find the end of HBP, the end of DH, and ALL OF DH2 to be sad movie-wise so I dunno. :( I know it greatly has to do with the music in DH2 but also just knowing that it was the end. I saw DH2 in theatres like 4 times and I think I cried through most of the movie every. single. time.

Shining Raichu

Years
Do we need to start a Frasier fan club? XD

I didn't find the end of the HBP movie sad at all; and that made me angry. Dumbledore was dead and I was a mess all through the end of that book, yet in the movie I didn't feel a thing. They borked the ending of that movie so badly that it still makes me angry to watch. Which is a shame because the rest of that movie was amazing lol.

I found a lot of DH1 and all of DH2 soul-crushingly sad (I went and saw it 5 times at the movies and cried right through, as well as getting this feeling like I'd been kicked in the stomach each time Snape said "Always"). But beyond that the only part in the movies that moved me to tears (of sadness) was that moment at the end of the Goblet of Fire when Harry had brought Cedric's body back to the edge of the maze and you felt that tone shift from cheer and excitement to "ohhhhh ****" in the crowd. Oddly, Cedric's father didn't really have an effect on me, it was just that energy shift.

Cherrim

Years
I absolutely cannot stand Snape so I don't really feel a thing for any of his scenes ever. I... I might have been cracking jokes the second and third times I saw DH2 during his death scene. (One of the Gryffindors lost their scarf in the boat house. You can see it in the background. Every time Harry runs in after Voldemort's gone, I substitute whatever he says with, "hey, that's where my scarf went!") *horrible person*

But yeah, I tear up at everything during the beginning of DH2 and the moment they get back to Hogwarts and all through the final battle I'm pretty much openly crying. XD;

Sakura Rain

Years
I liked Sirius too but I uhh... when I read the book, I was speed reading it in one night and I didn't make the connection that he had died until people were yelling it at Harry trying to make him accept it. I DIDN'T THINK FALLING INTO A CURTAIN WAS DEADLY, OKAY? OTL So the sadness of his death was kind of lost on me because it seemed so ambiguous while I was reading it. :(

i mean really jkr you killed him with a curtain. the man survives thirteen years in azkaban and you kill him with a curtain. and then Harry was all upset and throwing stuff in Dumbledore's office and I was like "KSLDGHSD:LFKSDHGSKLFJ:SL SWEETHEART ;____;"

I absolutely cannot stand Snape so I don't really feel a thing for any of his scenes ever. I... I might have been cracking jokes the second and third times I saw DH2 during his death scene.

okay are we like twins or something because this is entirely me omg.

I always found Snape extremely disturbing and creepy. Well, firstly, he is a grown man and he bullies schoolchildren, for christ's sake, and then it comes out that he hated James Potter with the passion of a thousand burning suns which is entirely reasonable, given the way James treated him but what isn't reasonable is that he takes it out on poor Harry, who had absolutely nothing to do with it omg and then in PoA when they're all in the Shrieking Shack he wasn't even willing to hear any of them out he was basically going "hahahahah I caught you, I caught you! Now the lot of you will go to prison and I'll be revered for it, lalalalala~" and he was so happy about sending an innocent man back to Azkaban Now I know he was supposedly so happy about this because he thought Sirius had betrayed Lily. But Sirius didn't, so he did not deserve to have his soul sucked out, no matter how badly he treated Snape in school and then he goes absolutely bonkers when Sirius escapes and immediately suspects Harry which is correct, Harry did help Sirius escape BUT THIS WAS A GOOD THING, OKAY. Snape you are a grown man GET OVER IT ALREADY and he busts in the hospital wing like the Kool-Aid man and goes mental omg.

and then theeeeeeeeeen in DH he's all in love with Lily and I mean I really can't see how this would work he never listened to her she basically told him that she was not impressed by the Death Eaters and he keeps trying to be a Death Eater to impress her. I mean really man? The only thing that I respect him for is helping to protect Harry for Lily. but it still creeps me out this love of his is sort of obsessive omg. The "Always." thing is sort of cute though.

god stopping myself there or I will turn this into another wall of text fanclub

and omgomg lily's theme from DH2 makes me have so many feelings omg

Do we need to start a Frasier fan club? XD

DO WANT. but it'd probably just be me and erica in there writing walls of text about frasier and we'd turn it into another wall of text fanclub omg and none of you want that, trust me

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
I absolutely cannot stand Snape so I don't really feel a thing for any of his scenes ever. I... I might have been cracking jokes the second and third times I saw DH2 during his death scene. (One of the Gryffindors lost their scarf in the boat house. You can see it in the background. Every time Harry runs in after Voldemort's gone, I substitute whatever he says with, "hey, that's where my scarf went!") *horrible person*
tumblr_llqiqoUTKv1qd6zfj.gif

OKOKOK. I understand dislike of Snape considering the way he acted for most of the story, but... THOSE SCENES IN THE PENSIEVE SHOWED YOU WHY HE WAS THE WAY HE WAS AND HE HAD BEEN PROTECTING HARRY BECAUSE HE WAS STILL IN LOVE WITH HIS DEAD MOTHER HOW CAN YOU FEEL NOTHING ABOUT THAT YOU MONSTERS ;;

I will admit though, I did laugh at Snape's death scene the second time I saw it - not the part where Nagini killed him, but his conversation with Voldemort earlier in the scene. Because it hit me that throughout that entire scene, Voldemort had the derp face on. I could not take him seriously lmao.

Also look guys I made the club purty!
Well actually I think it looks boring as hell but I did my best :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Snape is amazing don't go there! ;_; I kind of wish there was a prequel/something with Snape as the main character, that might boost everyone's opinion of him as a character. Or maybe some bonus material on him on Pottermore, I'm sure there will be lots.

Speaking of which... are they ever going to finish Pottermore? At least the 2nd book's content would be good ><

Cherrim

Years
I always found Snape extremely disturbing and creepy. Well, firstly, he is a grown man and he bullies schoolchildren, for christ's sake, and then it comes out that he hated James Potter with the passion of a thousand burning suns which is entirely reasonable, given the way James treated him but what isn't reasonable is that he takes it out on poor Harry, who had absolutely nothing to do with it omg and then in PoA when they're all in the Shrieking Shack he wasn't even willing to hear any of them out he was basically going "hahahahah I caught you, I caught you! Now the lot of you will go to prison and I'll be revered for it, lalalalala~" and he was so happy about sending an innocent man back to Azkaban Now I know he was supposedly so happy about this because he thought Sirius had betrayed Lily. But Sirius didn't, so he did not deserve to have his soul sucked out, no matter how badly he treated Snape in school and then he goes absolutely bonkers when Sirius escapes and immediately suspects Harry which is correct, Harry did help Sirius escape BUT THIS WAS A GOOD THING, OKAY. Snape you are a grown man GET OVER IT ALREADY and he busts in the hospital wing like the Kool-Aid man and goes mental omg.
I don't really have anything to add to this except a slow clap that turns into standing applause and a salute.

Well, okay, I will add that nowadays I don't mind so much that Snape wasn't listening to them in the Shrieking Shack because he did think Sirius was an insane killer who was looking to kill Harry. And Harry, for as much as I love him, is kind of dumb so he would probably believe anything Sirius said and let his guard down, whether it was the right thing to do or not. XD; Snape's disregard for their opinions/objections infuriated me when I was younger but I can't tooootally fault him for it now. u_u
and then theeeeeeeeeen in DH he's all in love with Lily and I mean I really can't see how this would work he never listened to her she basically told him that she was not impressed by the Death Eaters and he keeps trying to be a Death Eater to impress her. I mean really man? The only thing that I respect him for is helping to protect Harry for Lily. but it still creeps me out this love of his is sort of obsessive omg. The "Always." thing is sort of cute though.
Except his definition of "protect Harry" is "be a total dick to him and yeah I guess save his life a lot but always look like the bad guy to him anyway and then with your dying breath, tell him how obsessed you were with his mom for the last 30 years". Ack.
and omgomg lily's theme from DH2 makes me have so many feelings omg
It's "Statues" that always gets me the worst. It's a really epic song but it's just so powerful to me and evokes so many different emotions that I become a mess when I listen to it, she says, opening Winamp and playing the song because she's apparently a masochist.
OKOKOK. I understand dislike of Snape considering the way he acted for most of the story, but... THOSE SCENES IN THE PENSIEVE SHOWED YOU WHY HE WAS THE WAY HE WAS AND HE HAD BEEN PROTECTING HARRY BECAUSE HE WAS STILL IN LOVE WITH HIS DEAD MOTHER HOW CAN YOU FEEL NOTHING ABOUT THAT YOU MONSTERS ;;
Uhh... see above for why I can't take his Harry Protective Services very seriously. :( Also, holding onto unrequited love for 30 years is not romantic or brave to me, it's just sad. (I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so blunt or insulting. ;_;) He had a looot of issues and it makes me more sad that he was never able to work through them or get over her than it does that he was so "loyal" all those years. No. If he was loyal and truly respected Lily, then he would also respect that she married someone else that she loved and he would not bully her only child just because he looked like the man she chose over him. His character is pretty much irredeemable to me.

Also look guys I made the club purty!
Well actually I think it looks boring as hell but I did my best :P
Aww, you took out the part for unsorted members. You should've left it in and listed them as Squibs or Muggles for not choosing. ;D
Snape is amazing don't go there! ;_; I kind of wish there was a prequel/something with Snape as the main character, that might boost everyone's opinion of him as a character. Or maybe some bonus material on him on Pottermore, I'm sure there will be lots.

Speaking of which... are they ever going to finish Pottermore? At least the 2nd book's content would be good ><
But... he had a whole chapter devoted to explaining his backstory and it worked well enough to redeem him for most people. :/ I don't think fleshing that out even more would ever change my opinion of him because his ends don't justify the means. u_u

I think they've said that CoS stuff is coming in the next month or so. I don't think it's going to be too long from now. Or I hope it isn't, anyway.

Sakura Rain

Years
I don't really have anything to add to this except a slow clap that turns into standing applause and a salute.

Well, okay, I will add that nowadays I don't mind so much that Snape wasn't listening to them in the Shrieking Shack because he did think Sirius was an insane killer who was looking to kill Harry. And Harry, for as much as I love him, is kind of dumb so he would probably believe anything Sirius said and let his guard down, whether it was the right thing to do or not. XD; Snape's disregard for their opinions/objections infuriated me when I was younger but I can't tooootally fault him for it now. u_u

Why thank you hun. -bows- I've been wanting to say all of that about Snape for years but of course everyone looooooves him. I mean, like I said, I think it was very brave of him to turn spy for the Order because he felt so bad about getting Lily killed but that is his only redeeming quality as far as I am concerned. Harry is a bit thick, isn't he? The poor dear, I still love him <3

Sirius? Insane? NOOOOOO. I'd never have guessed! XD but yeah Sirius did not do very much to convince anyone of his innocence in PoA. He was chanting "He's at Hogwarts." in his sleep, he slashed up the Fat Lady attempting to break into Gryffindor Tower, he actually broke into Gryffindor Tower and was standing over a thirteen-year-old boy with a knife, sirius hun what were you thinking omg and he pretty much stalks Harry for the entire year. though he was probably trying to make sure peter didn't try anything and I thought Sirius coming to watch Harry play Quidditch was adorable okay

Except his definition of "protect Harry" is "be a total dick to him and yeah I guess save his life a lot but always look like the bad guy to him anyway and then with your dying breath, tell him how obsessed you were with his mom for the last 30 years". Ack.

Buuuuuut he still protected him! He was a complete and utter dick to him, but at leaaaaaaast he was protected! look I am trying so hard to find something good about this character omg erica my brain is hurting

It's "Statues" that always gets me the worst. It's a really epic song but it's just so powerful to me and evokes so many different emotions that I become a mess when I listen to it, she says, opening Winamp and playing the song because she's apparently a masochist.

asdfjkl just the whole soundtrack I accidentally too many feelings asdfjkl hun, you might need some professional help with that too ;__;

Uhh... see above for why I can't take his Harry Protective Services very seriously. :( Also, holding onto unrequited love for 30 years is not romantic or brave to me, it's just sad. (I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so blunt or insulting. ;_;) He had a looot of issues and it makes me more sad that he was never able to work through them or get over her than it does that he was so "loyal" all those years. No. If he was loyal and truly respected Lily, then he would also respect that she married someone else that she loved and he would not bully her only child just because he looked like the man she chose over him. His character is pretty much irredeemable to me.

Ummm...yeah. This is pretty much entirely me. -slow clap, applause, all that jazz- I really do feel sorry for Snape yeah because I'm so sure he would take pity so well. we'd probably all be dead right now DX. And yesssss @the stuff about him respecting her choice about choosing James. Harry was living proof that Lily loved another man. Snape just couldn't accept that and tormented Harry for it. lol @ harry protective services

I HAVE LOTS OF OPINIONS OKAY. I APOLOGIZE IF THEY OFFEND YOU THEY ARE RAMBUNCTIOUS LITTLE RASCALS ;_______; idk about Pottermore. I found a blog on Tumblr that has all of the ~exclusive content omg~ so I just read all of it from there lol. It seems like they're having problems releasing Pottermore to the public-isn't it still locked off to anyone that didn't get in as a beta tester? I really don't know, the last time I heard anything about it it was still locked off to the public please excuse my ignorance omg

Back