• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    What about that "Making of Harry Potter" tour in London? I see loads of adverts for it here now. £28 a ticket would...not be so bad if there weren't train and bus tickets to think of as well >_> Transport is too expensive in this country. And that programme about the Tube has put me off using their underground system XD Still be cool, though...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Next month huh? I guess today's announcement on Pottermore that all seven books available in e-book format may start the celebrations early.

Years
  • I'm going to the Making of Harry potter!
    And maybe (but not likely) I may meet actors there? I don't know.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I'm going to the Making of Harry potter!
    And maybe (but not likely) I may meet actors there? I don't know.

Cool! Tell us how it goes. I'll probably go by coach sometime. I don't think actors will be there, though; they might've been for the opening.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • You know that screeching cat sound they played in the last movie when Harry, Ron and Hermione apparated into Hogsmeade and tripped the magical alarm?

I'm lying in bed right now and that exact noise is happening outside. I think some stuff is about to go down. I'll keep you all posted.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Dangit Andy you made me watch the entire movie again. ;~;

Boohoo, these tours and such. I can't go to them! I don't think I will ever be, too! ):

Shining Raichu

Years
  • It wasn't anything note-worthy, since I heard no magic and saw no Dark Marks :(

It was probably just cats fighting... but I swear it was exactly like it; the rhythm and everything! Very weird experience when you're half asleep at 2:45 AM :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • News!

1) Rowling announced the title of her next book: "A Casual Vacancy". It's not HP related but it's due out by the end of the year. Yay!

2) Pottermore is now open to public. :D For anyone signing up now, add me and let me know who you are! My username's RiverDust150.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • I heard about that new book! I will be queuing to be the first to get it; I don't care what it is or what it's about lol. The title does sound intriguing, even independently of its association with JK, so I'm psyched!

And as for Pottermore, ehhh. I might get back into that at some point but it's not all it should be. I'll come back on when they release Book 2.

Cherrim

Years
  • I actually think the book sounds really boring. I'll get it and I'll definitely read it but it's not top of my list, nor am I dying for its release. :P

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Well I'm the kind of guy that, if JK Rowling gave a press release stating "I like biscuits", I would jump up and down screaming because I like biscuits too and that brings us closer together!

There's nothing she can say or write that I will not be interested in. I would be enthralled by a textbook she wrote about dirt XD

Cherrim

Years
  • B-but she's really only ever written the HP series. What if she's absolute rubbish at non-fantasy? XD

I mean, I'm sure it'll be brilliant, but since the plot isn't instantly intriguing for me, I'm not spazzing out. :P

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Is there anything revealed about the plot? I've heard literally only that which you've told me haha. What is it about?

Cherrim

Years
  • Spoiler:

That's what's been posted on the publisher's website, anyway.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • See to me, that sounds absolutely fascinating. It sounds like a small-town English version of The Good Wife and I am practically jizzing myself waiting for it now haha. It sounds like something I would either read or watch, so (while I realise I'm jumping the gun massively here) I hope it gets made into a movie!

Though one thing I think is that she should have chosen to name her protagonist something that doesn't rhyme with "Harry" lmao.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    That does sound quite interesting. I'll probably read the book :D "Barry Fairwhether" sounds like a very odd name though XD

B-but she's really only ever written the HP series. What if she's absolute rubbish at non-fantasy? XD

She has written articles for newspapers before. I remember one for The Times where she was writing about how hard it is for single mothers. Of course, your usual Times reader is not going to appreciate this...

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Was it written somewhere that that happened on May 2nd? I can't seem to remember that! I could only bring myself to read the seventh book once because it was too painful lol

Back