• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with battle spot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2014
    Hey guy's im having trouble with battle spot im kinda new to competitive battling
    My setup is
    huge power azumarill flawless I'VS (belly drum, aqua jet , play rough , superpower)Adamant
    Flash fire houndoom Flawless I'VS (nasty plot , flamethrower,solar beam , dark pulse)Timid
    Steadfast shiny lucario flawless I'vs ( reversal . me first , vacuum wave , swords dance)Modest
    Water absorb Shiny seismitoad flawless I'vs (stealth rock, hail , posion jab , toxic) relaxed
    Levitate rotom wash Iv's in sp at and hp , (hydro pump , thunder wave , sunny day , hex) Modest
    Inner focus Dragonite not checked I'vs as just traded , (Hyper beam , hurricance , dragon rush , thunderbolt) timid

So i play doubles really enjoy it , but i get lose nearly all game's , except sometimes i own , is super training a must as i havn't done it for my rotom or dragonite? , and held items i only have a hp restoring berry for after belly drum with azumarill?

Basicially i choose at random which pokemon to use i use nearly the same no matter what im facing

Azumarill , lucario , houndoom , seismitoad

Ill send out azumarill , lucario and try belly drum , usually i get it off and aqua jet but sometimes i fail to kill and i just die , i dont have any support? , i always get people putting me to sleep , im use to clearing through the games and i just attack attack attack , and i've noticed you need strategy to win online.

So basically guy's what pokemon and basic tips can you give me to double's i do like hitting hard not wearing them down , but i usually just get ♥♥♥♥ed over from them killing me before i kill them if this post made no sense sorry im a real noob at online battling but its so fun

Ps does it matter if i cap them at lvl 50 instead of 100 as its scaled down cheers.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm pretty amateur myself at this, so these are really only suggestions. For doubles, it looks like Houndoom is your Mega and you're trying to set up the sun, but you have a lot of Water types and Dragonite, that much rather prefer the rain.

Modest Lucario should run a special set, so Swords Dance, Me First and Reversal don't really make sense. I've seen mostly the following set:
    - Aura Sphere
    - Flash Cannon
    - Vacuum Wave/Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse

Seismitoad shouldn't use Hail or Poison Jab. I'd say maybe switch Hail for Rain Dance but that would hamper your Sun plan:
    - Rain Dance
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rocks
    - Earth Power/EQ (w/Rotom+Dragonite)

Most Rotom I've seen run:
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Rest(Chesto)/?

Timid Dragonite shouldn't use Dragon Rush. Draco Meteor is a Special Attack-based move that would work better. Again, if the Rain is up, Thunder and Hurrican work well.
    - Hurricane
    - Draco Meteor
    - Roost
    - Thunder Wave/Thunder/Fire Blast

I don't believe you need to level them up to 100 as long as you have all your EVs sorted out, which is important. Ultimately if you get anything from this post, pay attention the natures and how they affect your stats and what movesets you should use.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Lucario should use a Timid nature to make the most out of its good Speed in Mega form:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere
    -Flash Cannon
    -Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball/Vacuum Wave
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Lucarionite
    Ability: Inner Focus/Steadfast

I wouldn't even recommend Seismitoad at all. Whatever it can do is outclassed by other bulky Waters like Gastrodon or even Kingdra:

Gastrodon:
    -Earthquake/Earth Power
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam/Toxic
    -Recover
    Nature: Relaxed/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain

Kingdra:
    -Focus Energy
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Draco Meteor
    -Agility
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Scope Lens
    Ability: Sniper

or
    -Rain Dance
    -Hydro Pump
    -Draco Meteor
    -Waterfall/Surf/Ice Beam
    Nature: Rash/Modest
    EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Damp Rock
    Ability: Swift Swim

Dragonite should use Multiscale as its ability; it's worthless without it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2014
    Hey thank's for the Input guy's i wanted lucario to be my physical attacker not a SpA attacker as houndoom does that.

Also i want mega houndoom just cant do the stone so im Using lucario as my mega

I dont really like dragonite but i cant find anything to fill the spot :( .

And also my houndoom just constantly gets 1 popped i dont think my team is as good as i think,

Seismitoad has saved me a few times i just Stealth rock , Toxic and Poision jab for a bit of dmg hits hard on fairy's , Whilst being immune to Electric water/ground , Grass is the only one that really hurt's it , but my houndoom can usually come in and be quicker than there grass and OHKO it with a flamethrower? , I'd like to use scizor , a decent ghost type not genga/kangaskhan i hate them they are so OP!

Any suggestion's to a new team for me?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey thank's for the Input guy's i wanted lucario to be my physical attacker not a SpA attacker as houndoom does that.

Also i want mega houndoom just cant do the stone so im Using lucario as my mega

I dont really like dragonite but i cant find anything to fill the spot :( .

And also my houndoom just constantly gets 1 popped i dont think my team is as good as i think,

Seismitoad has saved me a few times i just Stealth rock , Toxic and Poision jab for a bit of dmg hits hard on fairy's , Whilst being immune to Electric water/ground , Grass is the only one that really hurt's it , but my houndoom can usually come in and be quicker than there grass and OHKO it with a flamethrower? , I'd like to use scizor , a decent ghost type not genga/kangaskhan i hate them they are so OP!

Any suggestion's to a new team for me?
    A neutral STAB Earthquake does almost as much as a supereffective Poison Jab:
    -Earthquake: 100 x 1.5 = 150
    -Poison Jab: 80 x 1.5 = 160

In the end, the power difference isn't noticeable and Poison Jab isn't worth it. See my reasons on why Seismitoad is outclassed. Taking another look at your current Seismitoad set, it's badly walled by Steels. It needs Earthquake to get past them.

Mega Houndoom is only good on Sun teams. Don't use it on any other team besides that; otherwise Solar Power is worthless. You could have Houndoom use Sunny Day as a standalone Sun attacker, but idk.

I'd like to ask what weather in particular you'd like to specialize in. Right now, I haven't the foggiest idea, but I'll assume that it's Rain?

If it's a Rain team, I think Noivern is a good substitute for Dragonite, since it has Hurricane as well:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast
    -Switcheroo/U-turn/Hurricane
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower/Hurricane
    -Focus Blast
    -Roost/U-turn
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator

(for both sets, only use Hurricane if you continue using a Rain team)

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2014
    i didnt realise weather team's was that important , I just heard solarbeam with sunny day does alot so put it on any , like i say im a complete and utternoob at this

I Love doing massive damage but being able to play tactical too I hate them people that just protect substitue and burn me to death and minimize on chansey uRGH couldnt play like that

What kind of pokemon should i look at for massive damage but have 1 for setting up rock's and being able to put status effect's on?

Back