• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Contest] Shipping Debates Fine Arts Easter Contest

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Easter is just around the corner. And because Shipping Debates loves to do creative contests, a good early start is necessary so you guys can whip up the good stuff! I originally intended to make a simple art contest, but I figured that throwing in a Fan-Fiction division would add some more interest.

So yes, this is a Fan-fic and an art contest. Let me explain the basics:

• In the Art division, you may enter hand-drawn and scanned work, CG work, or any sort of art as long as it is completely yours. In the Fan-Fiction division, you may enter your own work that must be of reasonable length (About a chapter's worth or two) Previously done work cannot be submitted.
    • The art and fan-fiction must involve a Two-person ship [That means no OneTrueShipping or some random bull, ShinyMeowth >__>]. The ship may be of any Pokemon canon, not just the Anime.
    • Choose from the following themes involving your favorite ship: Taking care of an egg, Easter Hunt, Easter Candy, Easter Bunny, Religous Aspect of Easter, Easter (General)
    • Other themes may have to be approved and must relate to Easter. You may also do more than 1 theme.
    • Contest will close 11:59 PM Central time on April 29th
    • Entries are judged on how well they present and balance the spirit of the shipping and the entrant's chosen theme. Judging will be without bias to any ship whatsoever.

Also, a few judges are currently required, so if anyone is interested in being a judge and has experience in their art form and activity in the forums of each art form, please contact me.

The winner of the each contest will have their glorious work featured in the first post of the thread. And maybe an emblem if I can get to it or if someone else is willing to design one.

Alright, I think we have the important emblems in, there may or may not be 2nd/3rd place emblems, we'll wait and see:

To enter the contest, simply post which division you will participate in [You can do both], your theme, your ship, and once available, your entry.

Art Entries:

Lily
    Division - Fanart
    Theme - Easter (general, encompasses a lot of the others, i.e. bunnies and candy)
    Shipping - (Special) Red x Yellow
    ENTRY

Zayin
    Division: Fanart
    Shipping: Jessie x James
    TTheme: Offering a stolen egg!
    ENTRY

AshPikastar
    Shipping: TwinleafShipping (Dawn x Barry)
    Theme: Taking care of an egg.
    ENTRY

TheSmartOne
    DIVISION: Fanart
    THEME: Easter Candy
    SHIPPING: CafeMochaShipping Ash x Cilan
    ENTRY

Intoxicated
    Shipping: PokéShipping (Ash x Misty)
    Theme: Easter Hunt
    ENTRY

CommanderPigg
    Division - Fanart
    Theme - Easter costumes/Easter Bunny/Eggs
    Shipping - Comashipping: Ash x Paul
    ENTRY

Pera
    Division - Fanart
    Theme - Easter Egg Hunt
    Shipping - Pikachu & Buneary
    ENTRY

Fan-Fiction Entries:

gunnerpow7
    Division: Fanfic
    Theme: Taking care an egg
    Shipping: AdvanceShipping (Ash x May)
    ENTRY [An EggCiting Adventure]

RoseBlade
    Theme: Taking care of egg.
    Shipping: RayShipping

Nutella
    Category: Fan fiction
    Shipping: Cilan x Elesa
    Canon: Video Games
    Theme: Looking after an egg
    ENTRY: [The Lifecycle]
    Spoiler:

Have fun guys~ The banner is a placeholder, I swear

Last edited:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Thanks for throwing in a fan fiction division. It gives us (read: me) a chance to participate in something that would not disgrace Pokemon. Of course, I would like to enter the fan fiction contest!

Am I allowed to change my mind about themes and pairings later on? Also, if I'm not allowed to have two themes, I will edit my proposed entry. Finally, what do you consider as "one chapter's length?"

For now, it is...

DIVISION: Fan fiction.
    THEME: Easter Hunt and/or taking care of an egg.
    SHIPPING: Cilan x Elesa.
    CANON: Video game.

This is a great idea- I've already abandoned my essay and began planning the story! =D

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Ohhh, I wanna give it a try. I might not have the time to do it though because I have intense final exams during 3 weeks, from now to the 29th... Actually, could you add one more day to the contest? At least I'll have one free day to draw!!! Anyhow:

Shipping: Jessie x James
    Theme: Don't know yet, maybe taking care of a stolen egg...

BTW: Your drawing is really scary!! :D

Years
  • Too bad I'm not good with art; I could have tried fan-fics, but I'm not good with the shipping ones. :( Anyways, good luck to all those who are participating! :D

I made some emblems too which might just be the ones ya all shall receive only if the great god Ak47 approves. D:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I'll most likely be doing the Art drawing with Twinleafshipping. I'll start working on it right away.

As for the theme; I'm hopping to draw one of the characters holding the Easter egg so it might be just a Easter theme.

Twinleafshipping= Dawn x Barry

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • Oooh... I want to join!!!!!

Theme: Taking care an egg
    Shipping: AdvanceShipping

Oh yes, I have a question about the contest, could there be more than one ship? Also, where do I post my entry? Here, In the Fanfic section or in other Fanfic sites (ex. Fanfiction.net)? Thanks!!!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • DIVISION: Fanart
    THEME: Easter Candy
    SHIPPING: Ash x Cilan
    CANON: Anime
    ENTRY: Here

And I shall make you aware that I am planning to do a fanfic as well, but it's all very undecided.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I dig being able to do more than 1 theme, but as for more than one ship >__> meh, I guess its alright as long as it doesn't become a polygamous insanity.

Oh yes, I have a question about the contest, could there be more than one ship? Also, where do I post my entry? Here, In the Fanfic section or in other Fanfic sites (ex. Fanfiction.net)? Thanks!!

Post your entry here in a spoiler. Your post will be linked to.

Anna, that means post your entry here >__>

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What do you consider as a polygamous insanity? Also, I'm so excited!!! =D

Basically, don't put more than one ionic bond on any one atom at any time, but if its not as strong as a covalent bond, it might or might not be ok, but it is preferable you focus on one ship if there must be multiple ships with a same person involved. Also, glad you're excited ^__^

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • Basically, don't put more than one ionic bond on any one atom at any time, but if its not as strong as a covalent bond, it might or might not be ok, but it is preferable you focus on one ship if there must be multiple ships with a same person involved. Also, glad you're excited ^__^

Oooh.. I still don't get it... -_-" Well, I want Advance, Slight Ikari and Wishful... Is that Polygamous Insanity? If not, I want it also in my entry... If it is, Advance is good.. =D

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oooh.. I still don't get it... -_-" Well, I want Advance, Slight Ikari and Wishful... Is that Polygamous Insanity? If not, I want it also in my entry... If it is, Advance is good.. =D

Since those ships don't intersect / Don't chain up atoms / are compose of only diatomics / Don't share people, it's fine XD

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    K, did edits, VM me if I missed anything since I think I'm on something today XD I either had time to host this contest or enter it.

Back