• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone...

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    I made this thread to ask...is my fanfic: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon good enough for a future FanFic of the Month? I've seen over 1700 views and some very positive reviews from the readers.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • If people like it, then does it really matter all that much if your story got an additional reward? =/ Personally, I'd find it more flattering if I managed to get fifteen people to read and review my fics. *shrug*

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • You know, jb0000612, not everyone who looks at your fic is exactly going to like it, even though you apparently have some dedicated readers. Me, I haven't had a chance to read it, mainly because I've just been concentrating more on the fanfics I'm writing in my spare time. But anyways, my point is, if your fic is of good enough quality, it may become Fanfic of the Month in the future, but you shouldn't forget that there are other ones out there that may just as well too.

Bay

Years
  • Well, the moderator here is the one that chooses which fic gets to be Fanfic of the Month (I think). Like Skunter said, yours may have good quality, but there are other stories that have good quality too. I really hadn't read it either because I am busy at the moment.

I would say don't worry about that too much. True, Fanfic of the Month is a great honor, but as long as you have fun writing your story and the reviewers helping you improve your story and coming back for more, then you should be proud of your story no matter what. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Gee, thanks! That's just the encouragement I need. I guess the real question what I had at the beginning was if some of the moderators liked it. Unfortunately, you can't see who views the story. But even if they don't, I'm glad I heard your words of advice. I'm going to keep brainstorming ideas for PMD2 and make sure all readers on this board enjoy my fanfics, whatever it takes.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Yes, it is only Careful With That Axe, Pichu who choses the Fanfiction of the Month. He's been busy with real life, and so the Fanfiction of the Month is on hold. The other moderators rarely, if ever, step in here.

But yes, there's no need to kill yourself trying to get that honor. To me, there's more pride in writing a story that someone (anyone) enjoys. I've seen your work, and you have talent. You don't need some fancy title or award to tell you that. The reviewers will do that.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Fanfic of the Month is really more of a formality than anything nowadays. Even on Serebii, it seems to exist just for the sake of being there. After all, there can only be one per month and I guarantee that more than one good Fic is posted each month on any major Pokemon site. In other words, just because a Fic isn't the Fanfic of the month doesn't make it bad.

Back