• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen DON'T TOUCH THIS, DON'T LOOK AT THAT!

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • Humilau City, the old woman with her Mienfoo.

Let's just talk about that..

230px-Sinnoh_Old_Woman.png
    <[Hey! What do you think you're doing? Checking the trash? It's dangerous for my Mienfoo's health!]

And you just walk with her Mienfoo.. Yeaaaaaaaah.. After 100 steps (more or less) ALL OF THAT TIME YOU SPENT she gives you a pearl in return. When she said: come back maybe?

I thought:
    never-again.jpg

But yeah, this event is so annoying. I'm serious.

Oh, and by the way, you aren't allowed to leave or Watch TV except if you are done with the Mienfoo.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • What does the Spiritomb lady have to do with anything? O_o

The script isn't really necessary but I think it's there as some sort of tribute to HGSS's Pokémon following mechanic. It's a nice house to spend a lot of time in though and it also gives me a reason to listen to the Humilau City music for a prolonged amount of time :3

Years
  • I remember the first time I saw this, when Marriland did it in his blind Japanese playthrough, and it was funny because he didn't know what that old woman wanted. I thought it was amusing enough myself when I did it when she'd flip. xP

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    To be honest it's the worst way of getting free money :/

You also can't check the trash can because it's bad for the Mienfoo's education.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I remember that lady as well - I loved spending lots of time there too, just to walk with Mienfoo and interact with it too. It also brought back sad memories [from HG/SS's walking feature - made me sad that it wasn't brought back - with that Mienfoo at least fun for a while].

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • BEST WASTE OF TIME EVER!!! I walked the Mienfoo almost everyday I played just to get yelled at. It was pointless, but it was funny!

Years
  • The event itself wasn't anything useful but I thought it was absolutely hilarious despite being annoying. As soon as I realized I couldn't do much with Mienfoo around I quickly gave it back and scurried off. Definitely haven't went back since. xD;

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
    Years
  • When she was asking me to do her a favor, I thought the game was joking. I was pretty shocked when the Minefoo actually started following me.

Years
  • I actually went back every day for a week straight to walk that old lady's Mienfoo around her house, in the hopes that I would get something more than a Pearl from her if I did it often enough. After I realized that my efforts would be for naught, I never went back, because I didn't really need the money (or the Pearl) anyway. It's just too bad that it was the only instance in the game that a Pokemon could follow you around, since it was one of the features I really missed from HG/SS.

Years
  • I walked it once or twice then gave up bothering. Getting pearls was rather nice though.. A lady loves her jewellery!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Over my curiosity, I check the trash and the lady shouted me about trash picking and her mienfoo's health. Then my curiosity kicks in and I was thinking "what happen if I watch tv with mienfoo", again! the old lady yells not to watch, but mindlessly stroll around her house. The pearl was nice, but much nicer if she gave rare candy :P

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
  • I think I walked her Mienfoo, like, twice? The first time I did it because I was curious, the second time was because I was bored and I happened to be in the area. I never tried looking in the garbage or watching TV -- I was always more interested in Mienfoo itself. I always thought it was so cute how when you start walking, it's really clumsy, but then, its walking gets smoother. It's like it's a little baby. <3

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I think it's cute. c:
    SHE is annoying but the lil' Mienfoo is adorable, and the thought of getting to walk it around and teach it how to walk smoothly is so cute. >u<
    It made me feel like I was raising it and not her lazy, grumpy self. c':

Years
  • Is it bad I had way too much fun with this? I don't know, it gave me HG/SS nostalgia of having my Pokemon follow me. I also found it kinda cute how the Mienfoo at first had an odd limp I beleive it was, then it started walking a lot better.

Mega-Blaziken

Glorified Chicken
    Years
  • I felt bad for that Meinfoo, unable to leave the house, being doted on like some fragine thing. And she said the trash was bad for Meinfoo's health she needs to look at how she'skeeping it cooped up!

All that aside I didn't really think the pearl was worth walking around with it, though I kept doing it just to give it some company besides the pokemon's equivelant of a crazy cat lady.

Back