• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Properly Run A Platinum ROM in No$GBA

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    So I know most of you who have been lucky enough to have the means of running a Pokemon Platinum ROM have gotten it. I know some of you have run the normal ROM error screen when trying to load the Platinum Rom, here's just the proper settings you should have in order to run it perfectly ( It does for me anyways )
    emusetupdr9.png

This seems to be the best setting for steady gameplay. I got perfectly clear sound and video with no clipping.

Many thanks to Forgotten Memory for the image!

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • Could you make one for 2.6a?

There's only one difference in the set up thing between versions, but you never know.. anyway I switched it to your options. Not that different from the youtube tutorials except for the DS Back up cartridge thing..

Also, the sound laggs. I have the exact same as yours.. The sound seems to lag especially when you step out into the city and the animation is jumpy as if it was skipping a few frames, but then again I am running other programs..

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Well I first came up with a blue screen then put it at 512 but now everytime I try to go pass intro it will turn white.

Also im a nooblet so please tell me how to take a screenshot :P.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well I first came up with a blue screen then put it at 512 but now everytime I try to go pass intro it will turn white.

Also im a nooblet so please tell me how to take a screenshot :P.
    You probably need a better Platinum ROM, google is your friend here.

Years
  • Everyone should keep in mind that decent computer specs are required to run at full speed.
    You could run it without other programs or give the process a higher priority.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
  • It is recommended that you have only 1 other program running besides NO$GBA, for the best speed and quality. For best results only have NO$GBA open, no messengers, browsers and other applications such as image editors or music players.

Most players get this error...
    emulation_setup_platinum_error.png

To setup NO$GBA to compatible with any Platinum ROM, open NO$GBA. After opening it, go to "Options" > "Emulation Setup" or just push "F11".
    emulation_setup_platinum_setup_scrn.png

A window should pop up that looks like the one below...

emulation_setup_platinum_non-compat.png

The above settings are not compatible with Platinum.

It should look like this:
    emulation_setup_platinum_compatible.png

The above settings are compatible with Platinum.

Hope this helps :D​

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    HELP

I have everything the same has above. the save setting are right but I can not press start at all. I tried changing the start butten to be enter,home and other keyboard buttens but it will not let me press start which means I can not save. Can anyone help me.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    X is the menu button on DS, not Start. My problem is that the ROM crashes, saying microphone Wave failure. Any tips on stopping that?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Did you save the settings, under Emulation setup and Control setup there's 'Save Options' click that to save the options.

That should fix it so you dont lose your changes.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Can anyone solve this? I can't get very far unless someone helps me.

The most common cause of this is no$gba's mic emulation picking up sounds from other applications. You're best bet is to mute everything else. Another solution would be to open your "recording settings" in windows volume control and select a source like AUX, Line-in, or something you don't use if you don't have a microphone. That way, no interference will get in the way.

Back