• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Distance relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
Years
It's hard sometimes. But if you really love them, you'll trust them and will be very excited to see them personally. And I think it can actually be healthy for a relationship. As it builds trust and love.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I personally wouldn't want to be a part of one because I don't think I'd be able to take it seriously. I know that it works really well for some people though - I guess it depends on how committed you are.

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
Years
I personally wouldn't want to be a part of one because I don't think I'd be able to take it seriously. I know that it works really well for some people though - I guess it depends on how committed you are.

I agree. Both ends have to be very committed to the relationship. You have to make sure of that. Or else it will surely end in heartbreak.

Years
Longest distance I have done is an hour away.
So, it isn't that bad.

They can work, but not for me.
Never liked the idea of being committed to someone that I hardly see.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I was in one, and it totally ruled my life- even to the point that despite the fact that it's over, I'm still 'recovering' from it if you like. (I used to stay up all night because of time differences, and I still do the same now outta habit.) Now I'd definitely avoid relationships outside of my country if that makes sense. XD Anything that requires me to hop on a plane = no. XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I personally think, regardless of how distant two people are, if they are truly dedicated to one another, nothing can truly interfere with the relationship. Some long distant relationships have proven to be rather stable and eventually, long distant relationships often occur. Especially if you have a relationship with someone that lasts towards graduating high school and you two may become separated. If the two have dedication to each other, I'm sure that it'll work out in the end for them.

There is, of course, a lot of stress between the two due to so many things that could happen to one of them and the relationship could of course be ruined. I consider myself to be involved in a long distance relationship, and I constantly wonder what's going to happen. It is, of course, one that started online, so that may prove to be a, as corny as this sounds, heartbreaker or a dream maker.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
It will usually never work out. There are some cases that people actually stay loyal to their friends on the internet, but no physical contact is a significant detriment to a relationship, from what I've seen :/

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
I'm in one - I met Get Innocuous! online, and he lives 93 miles away from me. We see each other every one to three weeks.

I'm at his house right now, in fact. xD

Sometimes it's difficult, but we've been together over six months now and it's all gone really well so far. It'll make us better prepared for when he goes to university which is quite difficult for some couples.

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
long distance relationships fail...
you can EASILY cheat and not to mention if there is no sex, you will likely get bored after a week or less...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I think he just accidentally double-posted. Lay off him.

long distance relationships fail...
you can EASILY cheat and not to mention if there is no sex, you will likely get bored after a week or less...
If you have this attitude, you'll likely have no meaningful relationships, ever.

I feel that they can work, if both people are truly committed to it. I say this in spite of all of mine having failed. :'(

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
Dont any of you guys agree that it is just broken? Back when I was 14 and had one, She was SO clingy... She wanted to talk like 8 hours a day...
the first day it was ok...
the second i could handle it...
third day i hung up after 4 hours and said my battery died...
the fourth i broke up with her...
it just seems like utter nonsence

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
Dont any of you guys agree that it is just broken? Back when I was 14 and had one, She was SO clingy... She wanted to talk like 8 hours a day...

To me, it seems you're not ready for a relationship. =|

As for your earlier comment, relationships don't revolve around sex. I don't know where you get your ideas from.

twocows

Years
1. So what you're saying is that all people you meet online are exactly the same?

2. Personally, I wouldn't mind clingy. I'd take it as a sign that she genuinely cared. That may just be preference, though.

3. Your claim that it is "easy to cheat" is meaningless if the relationship is genuine.

4. As for "things get boring if there's no sex," I'd respond that if things are boring without sex, you probably aren't right for each other, anyway. There are better things on which to base a relationship.

twocows

Years
that is probably true...
but after 20 hours of talking, what is there left to talk about?
Find a prostitute if you want meaningless sex. It's cheaper, there's little talking, and you don't hurt anybody in the process. At least respect people who want a meaningful relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back