• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Distance relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
I feel like they can work. You have to have strong enough trust and feelings for the other person for it to work though, and you have to want to make it work.
Besides, even in real life, if you can't trust each other, it doesn't work out.

LEXAcide - Love your name by the way, since Lexa is one of my nicknames.
I find it odd that you give a time limit to how long your girlfirend can "see" you... it is a tad bit controlling.... but, it is your taste, so I have no right to judge.

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
I feel like they can work. You have to have strong enough trust and feelings for the other person for it to work though, and you have to want to make it work.
Besides, even in real life, if you can't trust each other, it doesn't work out.

LEXAcide - Love your name by the way, since Lexa is one of my nicknames.
I find it odd that you give a time limit to how long your girlfirend can "see" you... it is a tad bit controlling.... but, it is your taste, so I have no right to judge.

thanks ^_^ its pronounced (Lex-Uh-side)
I wasn't being completely serious when I said 2 hours max... Everything is bendable but to not spoil a good thing, you limit it. Of course there are always exceptions. I would just assume it would'nt be TOO long so I can still spend time with my boys, family, and I do need some alone time.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
thanks ^_^ its pronounced (Lex-Uh-side)
I wasn't being completely serious when I said 2 hours max... Everything is bendable but to not spoil a good thing, you limit it. Of course there are always exceptions. I would just assume it would'nt be TOO long so I can still spend time with my boys, family, and I do need some alone time.
Well, I see your point, on spoiling a good thing. My ex did that. It gets quite annoying when they are so clingy they call you EVERY 10 minuets, even after you hang up. >.<
Of course, you have to make time for other things, friends are important, and you do need your "you" time. and "boyz" time... Some girls just reall LOVE spending time with their boyfrineds. I mean, I love spending time with my boyfriend. Like everythng, there has to be a limit, weither it be "Drinking" or "Spending Time" I don't want to smother him, or have him think I am annoying. I always let him have time for himself

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've seen a few long distance relationships work out and far more fail, but there are a few here and there that do it right. A relationship doesn't have to be exclusively physical but it IS important to have, if possible. Even if it's only a few times a year.

They take a lot more work than a "regular" relationship but they can work out just find if both parties put in the effort to keep it going.

i wasnt trolling... ur opinion is worthless to me.

im not asking anyone to change for me... But after a couple of weeks, I would strongly prefer the pill considering its a 0% chance of pregnancy
Please go read up on the pill. It is NOT a 100% foolproof contraceptive. It can get pretty damn close if you use the pill AND a condom but it's not perfect. If all you're concerned about it using it as a contraceptive, I'd suggest looking for a chick who's working with a more permanent birth control method (IUD, depo, etc.). ;) If you miss taking your daily BC pill by even a few hours it can offset your hormones enough to render you fertile again (for lack of wanting to explain further) and you wouldn't know until she calls you up and surprise, there's a baby on the way. :'(

Ugh, this is getting so off-topic but I really had to reply to that.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Yeah Condoms don't break or anything.
How many people got pregnant because of broken condoms?

Very little. Absolutely no pill or rubber is 100% effective. The only way for something to be 100% is to get a vasectomy or for the women to get their tubes tied, although the former is much safer and easier.

And it takes that much more effort to put into a long distance relationship. Maybe more money, maybe less. I haven't tried it out./notofftopic

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
I've seen a few long distance relationships work out and far more fail, but there are a few here and there that do it right. A relationship doesn't have to be exclusively physical but it IS important to have, if possible. Even if it's only a few times a year.

They take a lot more work than a "regular" relationship but they can work out just find if both parties put in the effort to keep it going.

Please go read up on the pill. It is NOT a 100% foolproof contraceptive. It can get pretty damn close if you use the pill AND a condom but it's not perfect. If all you're concerned about it using it as a contraceptive, I'd suggest looking for a chick who's working with a more permanent birth control method (IUD, depo, etc.). ;) If you miss taking your daily BC pill by even a few hours it can offset your hormones enough to render you fertile again (for lack of wanting to explain further) and you wouldn't know until she calls you up and surprise, there's a baby on the way. :'(

Ugh, this is getting so off-topic but I really had to reply to that.

I know the chances are 0.01%
thats virtually nothing so I disregarded it. I also know that Condoms are about 5% chance (somehow)... Thats Why I will make sure my GF is on the pill... But I know there is always a SLIM chance

Years
well honestly,i made this thread because i'm single and maybe there was someone here that may be interested....

anyways,people stick tot he thread...we are not talking about sex here ¬¬
Sorry OP, just try a long distance relationship yourself, but real relationships are 100x Better.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
well honestly,i made this thread because i'm single and maybe there was someone here that may be interested....

anyways,people stick tot he thread...we are not talking about sex here ¬¬

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone, dig a hole, dig a hole *is shot for Ed Edd and Eddy Reference*
So, you're saying you made this thread to try and get a girlfriend. -_-

jesus people,are you all horny or what??
Oh my....

Years
im not asking anyone to change for me... But after a couple of weeks, I would strongly prefer the pill considering its a 0% chance of pregnancy

Sorry but I had to laugh. Where did you hear that?!?

Anyways, long distance can work for some people but for me personally I couldn't. I would hate not seeing them alot. It just wouldn't work for me. But if my bf had to move away and somehow I couldn't I would make it work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
well,it really depends on the person,but for me they work perfectly!i love my girlfriend and i would never lie to her and i know she would never do that too...

about you....why not?maybe a girl sends you a PM...really! don't give up man!

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
Ah, I have a lot to say on this matter.

I used to be against long distance relationships in any way, shape and form. I used to think they would fail, no matter what. I just didn't see how people could live with their love being hundreds upon thousands of miles away. But, that's all changed now.

Over the course of the past few months, I've realized that it doesn't matter how far away you live from the one you love, as long as you love them. Believe me, it's just as good as a real life relationship, if not better. I'm in a long distance relationship right now and it's the best relationship I've ever been in, hands down.

So yea, if you really truly love someone, then distance shouldn't matter.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I think with Distance relationships you seem to get -too- much alone time.. in the sense that you don't really know how you do interact with each other. You know?
You don't know if the guy or girl DOES get a bit too in your face.. or even what their scent is. It's not the fact that they smell or not.. but I mean their natural scent.

:/ And Shampoo.. if you're gonna be mini-modding, like I'm doing -right now- (YES!!!) then.. at least stay on topic :/

Too much of someone can be a lot.. but at the same time.. usually relationships do that.. because you meet someone new and it's exciting.. but later it dies down a bit. The key is to find out how much it dies down and if that attraction is still there.

Is this a Lust Vs Love debate? .. You decide :3

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
Sorry but I had to laugh. Where did you hear that?!?

Anyways, long distance can work for some people but for me personally I couldn't. I would hate not seeing them alot. It just wouldn't work for me. But if my bf had to move away and somehow I couldn't I would make it work.

you should read the thread thoroughly before posting ^_^

This is for LOL'z so dont get offended...
IMO, This represents Long Distance Relationships...
IMG_0270.png

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
you should read the thread thoroughly before posting ^_^

This is for LOL'z so dont get offended...
IMO, This represents Long Distance Relationships...
IMG_0270.png

Wow not only are your relationship morals the stuff of Gods, but you are also oh so funny. I bet you're a real lady killer.

I can't really say I agree with being in an online relationship, it's not that I have anything against them , or don't think they can work, it's just I can't face that commitment and distance.

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
Wow not only are your relationship morals the stuff of Gods, but you are also oh so funny. I bet you're a real lady killer.

I can't really say I agree with being in an online relationship, it's not that I have anything against them , or don't think they can work, it's just I can't face that commitment and distance.

Just killin the time :cool:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Wait, are we talking about online relationships or just long-distance relationships in general? Er... okay.

My views on online relationships are mixed because to be honest I still haven't decided what I think of them. Having been in one about a year and a half ago, I reckon they can work if there's enough willpower put into them. Unfortunately if you're doing it online, you can never truly be sure that you're talking to who you think you are until you meet up or are provided with definite proof. They can work so long as you're mature and you know what you're doing, but if your judgmental skills are bad then it'll fall apart.

Long-distance relationships can work so long as both of the people want each other enough. It's not a question of lack of sex, as someone has kindly disagreed with, because if you're in a long-distance relationship you need to want/love the person more than you want anything else. That's what it's about.

I don't like going off-topic and I know everyone else has already implied it but whatever. LEXAcide you need to think about what you're saying and try and get your priorities right. And as waka said, you best be trollin' kid, 'cause otherwise you need to fix some issues.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I personally feel that this thread has been ruined by several people. I apologise to all those who provided decent contributions, but I don't want to see it open any more.

:furretlock:locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back