• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinarak/Ariados vs Durant

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    167.gif
    /
    168.gif
    vs
    632.gif

Spinarak / Ariados vs Durant

These two species are both spider-like Pokemon. Who do you like more, Spinarak's family or Durant?

Similarities:

• Both are bug-like Pokemon.
    • Both Pokemon are at least Bug-typed.
    • Spinarak and Durant both have six legs.
    • Others that I may have forgotten.
    Differences:

• Spinarak and Ariados are also Poison-types, and Durant is a Steel-type.
    • Spinarak can evolve, Durant cannot.
    • Others that I can't think of.
    So, which Pokemon will you pick? Personally, I like Ariados. My vote goes to them, Spinarak and Ariados.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Durant always reminded me more of an ant...thus the name. XD

Either way, Ariados for sure. Access to grass, ghost, and psychic attacks make for a surprisingly diverse bug-type. :D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Yeah, I think Durant's more of a ant-based pokemon. D;

But, I do prefer Ariados myself; lots of good moves avalible, and I feel you can do alot more stuff with him.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Spinarak and Ariados are more comparable to Joltik and Galvantula than Durant (the Spinarak and Joltik lines are based on spiders while Durant is based on an ant).

Anyway, I like Durant better because it's strong and fast. Its Special stats let it down, though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well, I do like Durant but Spiniarak/Ariados has always been my near to favourite Pokémon so Ariados :)
    On another note, is it me or is it likely that posibily in Gen 6, Durant will get an evolution, it just seems too small to be a final evolutioned Pokémon.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well, I do like Durant but Spiniarak/Ariados has always been my near to favourite Pokémon so Ariados :)
    On another note, is it me or is it likely that posibily in Gen 6, Durant will get an evolution, it just seems too small to be a final evolutioned Pokémon.

Wouldn't be surprised, though Seviper and Zangoose have a similar relationship as Durant and Heatmor and they never got an evolution. :( Guess it could go both ways really.

As for the topic itself, I'd have to go with Ariados. Not big on the steel ant, and to be honest... I don't think it can compare to spider-based Pokemon. :P A more appropriate comparison would have been Ariados and Galvantula.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Durant's supposed to more of an ant-based Pokémon because it's the counterpart to Heatmor, who's based on an anteater.

That said, I prefer Durant over the Spinarak family. From a typing perspective, I've always really liked Bug/Steel types.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Durant is named after a basketball player on OKC... So yeah.

But of course I like original concepts more than newer ones.

Eh I'd go with ariados.

Back