• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Luka's Elite Battle System] Gen 6-style trainer battle intro

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
Okay, so here is how to incorporate the Gen 6-styled Trainer introduction at the start of battles. The only sections that are going to be modified are: PSystem_Utilities, EliteBattle_Scene, and EliteBattle_Sprites, hence this requires Luka S.J.'s Elite Battle System.
Remember that the resource pack I know that contains the Gen 6 mugshots use a 512x256 resolution, so the mugshots that you want to use must be resized to 512x512, with the mugshot taking the upper half of the image file.

In PSystem_Utilities, add this function starting at line 1343:
Code:
def pbTrainerMugshotFile(type)
  return nil if !type
  bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Characters/mugshot%s",getConstantName(PBTrainers,type)) rescue nil
  if !pbResolveBitmap(bitmapFileName)
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Characters/mugshot%03d",type)
  end
  return bitmapFileName
end
Note that that function looks for the trainer mugshot's filename.

Next, modify a few lines in EliteBattle_Scene. Under
Code:
if @battle.opponent
Replace all instances of pbTrainerSpriteFile with
pbTrainerMugshotFile.

Finally, in EliteBattle_Sprites, under the class DynamicTrainerSprite, replace the setTrainerBitmap function with this:
Code:
def setTrainerBitmap(file)
    @bitmap=AnimatedBitmapWrapper.new(file,TRAINERSPRITESCALE)
    @[email protected]
    @[email protected]
    @sprite.ox=(@bitmap.width/2) + 150
    if @doublebattle
      if @index==-2
        @sprite.ox-=150
      elsif @index==-1
        @sprite.ox+=150
      end
    end
    @[email protected]/4

self.formatShadow
    @shadow.skew(74)
  end
After those few modifications, here are the results:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

MysteriousUser94

The modifications looks really short '^'

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
I didn't make it exactly like the games (even though that's what I'm aiming). The only thing done with that for now is just use mugshots instead of sprites. I don't know how to add the background for it.

MysteriousUser94

I didn't read the content of Elite Battle System but you just have to create a new sprite that contain the background before the calls of setTrainerBitmap and animate the thing. (And also don't forget to destroy the sprite when the animation is done :d)

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
I didn't understand what to do in EliteBattle_Scene
In EliteBattle_Scene, replace all instances of pbTrainerSpriteFile with pbTrainerMugshotFile. It means changing the functions so that the mugshots can be called instead of the sprites.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with a lot of things lately.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
Can you please tell me what to name the sprite of closeup, full body and background.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Okay, so here is how to incorporate the Gen 6-styled Trainer introduction at the start of battles. The only sections that are going to be modified are: PSystem_Utilities, EliteBattle_Scene, and EliteBattle_Sprites, hence this requires Luka S.J.'s Elite Battle System.
Remember that the resource pack I know that contains the Gen 6 mugshots use a 512x256 resolution, so the mugshots that you want to use must be resized to 512x512, with the mugshot taking the upper half of the image file.

In PSystem_Utilities, add this function starting at line 1343:
Code:
def pbTrainerMugshotFile(type)
  return nil if !type
  bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Characters/mugshot%s",getConstantName(PBTrainers,type)) rescue nil
  if !pbResolveBitmap(bitmapFileName)
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Characters/mugshot%03d",type)
  end
  return bitmapFileName
end
Note that that function looks for the trainer mugshot's filename.

Next, modify a few lines in EliteBattle_Scene. Under
Code:
if @battle.opponent
Replace all instances of pbTrainerSpriteFile with
pbTrainerMugshotFile.

Finally, in EliteBattle_Sprites, under the class DynamicTrainerSprite, replace the setTrainerBitmap function with this:
Code:
def setTrainerBitmap(file)
    @bitmap=AnimatedBitmapWrapper.new(file,TRAINERSPRITESCALE)
    @[email protected]
    @[email protected]
    @sprite.ox=(@bitmap.width/2) + 150
    if @doublebattle
      if @index==-2
        @sprite.ox-=150
      elsif @index==-1
        @sprite.ox+=150
      end
    end
    @[email protected]/4

self.formatShadow
    @shadow.skew(74)
  end
After those few modifications, here are the results:
Spoiler:

how do u resize to 512x512? whenever you do that in paint.net the other value changes the moment you put 512 for one

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
how do u resize to 512x512? whenever you do that in paint.net the other value changes the moment you put 512 for one

This isn't the place to ask for this, but what the heck, this is a quick question.
RENz6dF.png

Just make sure that checkbox is cleared, like it is in the picture.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
Does this work with double battles? As in with a partner trainer? There's an error when using it when trying to double battle with a partner trainer.

Years
Sorry for necroposting, I want to use this for the new EBS. I want to use the animated backgrounds. Will this be compatible. I don't want trainer sprites.

Years
Sorry for necroposting, I want to use this for the new EBS. I want to use the animated backgrounds. Will this be compatible. I don't want trainer sprites.

Sorry, probably not the place to ask, but new ebs? I thought ebs was discontinued? Was it updated recently or something? I haven't heard much about it, aside from it being distributed via the EPI instead of UPI now.

Back