• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • Even more information for you guys....
    I have 2 new screenshots to show you..... and more into regarding the demo.....

The set of screenshots I have to show you is the PC (Computer) menu.
    You know, the PC, thats at every pokemon center in the corner.

Well, for those of you who might remember the old Digital Network, I have tried to keep it pretty much the same.
    It shows an image of the hero (to show what character is "logged on") at the bottom right.... and has 4 options:
    Download, E-mail, Update Game, Log Off.
    screenshotofpcusedownload7ii.png

There is no thing to "download" just yet in that screenshot, but (again, as you may remember from the old Digital Network)- Items and such will pop up every now and then....

Now, this option is important, and it involves the demo....
    screenshotofpcuseupdate8qv.png

"Update Game"
    - - - - - -
    Digital Network Upgrade, will not come out with the tag "demo."
    It will be a "full release." But.... you will be limited in what you can do.
    But every now and then, I will release an "update" for the game. The update may include new attacks for pokemon, new fusions, new graphics, and even just bug fixes....
    For the update, the "update files" files will have to be dragged into the Digital Network Upgrade project folder.... Then load up the game as normal (open your game-save if you have one). When you can, go to the nearest Pokemon Center.
    Go onto the PC and look for updates, if you have put the update into the right folder, the update will appear on the PC menu in the game. Click on update.
    This will then make the changes that are needed to any variables or whatever I have made......

With this feature- I can release a demo early, and keep building appon it as time goes by. I feel it is a good idea, but I would like to know what you all think....
    Let me know! :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The PC system looks great, man.

The Update Game feature sure sounds useful.

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
    Years
  • Sweet update, that 'pixel detection' is rather cool, reminds me a bit of the dbz advance games' scanner. You might be able to include secrets by using that detector on walls (might reveal a clue to a hidden item or passage, etc). Alot of promising stuff is comming from your game.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Update for you all.
    Work on the game is still going on, but has slowed down a bit. I'm waiting until my new laptop arrives before I keep going on.... But....

2 more screenshots to show you.
    The story has now taken our hero to the Kanto Region.

The 2 screenshots (one from Pallet Town- the other from Viridian) are both taken showing that time goes by in the game. When you arrive in Pallet- it is 20.00 or 8 P.M.
    In viridian, it looks to be in the middle of the night.....

screenshotofintrosotryinpallet.png

screenshotofviridiannight6rw.png

Why isn't that old man in bed :P

shaun0505

45... no...6
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Wow, it looks very cool and snazzy, I need to do some serious work on my game as well... but this one is pretty sweet.

zidanes

Greatest Of All Time
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2007
    Thats a hot game. I cant wait till it come out dawg!

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    You're game looks amazing, but i have a question. Are there levels that the pokemon would reach. or do you just get the same SP even after you're farther in the game? Great work though keep it up.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I decided today that I wanted to show off some screenshots....

So...... I'll show off the downloading feature from the PC.

Here is the first one you will see in the game (which is right at the start of the game).

After you head to Kanto, you get an email off Gordon Fear, who is head at the P.D.U.
    He has an item "attached" to the email.
    After reading the email, it will appear in your download section. Press Enter to download, and the item will be placed in your bag.

Then go to your main menu, select bag, then move to key items and it will be there.
    Press enter to view the list and you will see what pokemon are needed to be digitised.
    From the screenshots, you can see that Electrike is "caught" and Miniun is "needed."

Here are those screenshots:

emailmrfear9xc.png
    downloadlist5eg.png

digitallistinbag6rs.png
    digitallistminiun5lo.png

digitallisteletrike0qz.png

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • The game looks nice, and the custom graphics look good and fitting. BUT, I think the colours are a bit too contrasting, you might 'smoothen it down' a bit (by letting the colour values being closer to each other).

Also, use a bit less of those eye-hurting colours, please. :)

Other than that; it's looking all very good and you seem to have made a lot of the game already. Good job!

Back