• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pikachu is rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Saijin

Goku's student
Years
Yep
I said it.
If u think about it.......
Went through kanto
Went to joto(sos for spelling)
Went to hoenn
And sinnoh
Then a crap snivy comes at the start of unova and beats it.
Quick atrack couldve easily one it
Iron tail also

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yes, we know. Ash and Pikachu must always be the underdogs and gracious losers, otherwise they couldn't keep reusing the same basic plot each season. Pikachu is still adorable though, even if he somehow forgets how to battle all the time.

Yeah this is just one of the things we have to accept if we want to watch a series that is meant to start over in every other season and where characters never age because new young audiences must always be able to relate to he main character.

Otherwise it could end up like Dragonball, with every enemy being stronger and STRONGER and STRONGER until they have fought god and- oh, sorry, they already fought Arceus, never mind.

xD

They should have done it like the Digimon series did it, I honestly think. Let characters age realistically and switch to some other clones of the game protagonists with every new region, and have some exciting revisits of old characters once in a while. Who have actually aged by then.

But the anime is what it is. Pikachu will probably lose a few times in the beginning of the Kalos arc too, despite being lvl 170 or something by now :p

Melody

Banned
Years
They should have done it like the Digimon series did it, I honestly think. Let characters age realistically and switch to some other clones of the game protagonists with every new region, and have some exciting revisits of old characters once in a while. Who have actually aged by then.

This; a thousand times this. This is what made Digimon so much more awesome than Pokemon for me. Pokemon, you just kind of outgrow, and it's a sad thing you know. At least this way with Digimon, you get a fresh cast and you get to see the previous cast growing up, and grown up. I think it makes for much more relatable characters when they're growing up in ways that you are. No need to reset them, or set them back.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
This topic's been so overdone, guys. xD; It's just going to end up filled with "yeah Pika sucks" "no he doesn't" and then get completely derailed into something else as it's already doing. If you wanna talk about how you hate Pikachu, we've got a general Characters You Despise thread. There's also Should Ash Be Replaced if you want to go that route. If you want to talk about how you think the anime should have proceeded with their narrative and how they could have better utilized the characters, feel free to make a thread about it! Many threads here have touched on that subject, but none have been designated for that discussion.

This, though, is going to be locked before it fills with boring replies for post count's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back