• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I'd love to have Alice involved with the new part of the Rocket plot, it could lead to something really awesome. My fingers are itching to write something about that!

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
I have no preference when it comes to class as of yet.
As for the rocket plot... I dunno... I don't know enough about this to say yet : /

You can tell I have a real set course can't you? /sarcasm

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Burg: That's alright~ The day will go on normally regardless. Life moves on, even while Team Rocket blasts off in the distance. I figured there would be others interested in something this big though.

Dawn

Years
@Burg: I know that feel.

I usually copy paste my posts into a simple text file or straight up write them in text files.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Hey everybody! Sorry for my absence, a new full time job combined with Pokemon X/Y kind of sidetracked me. I'd like to resume my membership with Sammy if possible, and also apply with a second character? Let me know if there's any problems with this.

Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Pretty sure my second character is going to be a ghost type only trainer, so that should be fun.

Dawn

Years
@Synthet: Of course you can, don't be silly! Why wouldn't I want you here? :P Welcome back, and hope you enjoyed X and Y. I know I sure did.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Thanks very much! I certainly did, and still am. We've started a mono type tournament where I work - it's what inspiring me to do a mono type trainer. Though I may cheat and allow him a second type... not sure yet. I'm working on him as we speak!... type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Here we go! This is the SU for my second character, Alexander Vance (I've recycled the name from a previous character). Apologies for any odd spacing, it sometimes happens when I copy and paste from a word file. I've not had a chance to properly proof read this yet so just let me know if there are any problems with.

Name: Alexander Vance

Nickname: Xander

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicine Dorm

Appearance: Xander is average height and build for a boy of his age who engages in sporadic physical activity. A white male with a clear complexion he has no immediately obvious flaws to look at. He has calm blue eyes and soft features, making him look a little younger than he actually is, and would be considered by most to be on the attractive side of average. Although best described as pretty rather than handsome Xander takes little pride in his physical appearance but does make some effort to maintain it, aware of how valuable good presentation can be. Shaggy black hair is generally left 'artfully unkempt' due to its stubborn nature and the incredible amount of time and effort required to tame it, but is groomed into a more acceptable form for special occasions. His clothing is usually of a good quality without being excessive or flashy and he keeps accessories simple, with a fondness for wood, silver and tigerseye.

There is a heart shaped scar on his right shoulder blade, after an encounter with an errant Woobat when he was a child, something that he finds mildly embarrassing. He has a set of black framed glasses which he often forgets to wear.

Personality: Xander is, above all other things, a dreamer and a romantic. He can while away hours reading a good book, watching the clouds drift by or imagining adventures he might have in far flung locales. This isn't to say that he is lazy, just that time often escapes him and he doesn't always prioritise well. A good myth or legend will always grab his attention, and most opportunities to learn are seized, but many of life's more practical pursuits would pass him by either unnoticed or deliberately ignored. This meant that without sufficient motivation Xander would achieve little with his time other than a great deal of beauty sleep and self-education.

The introduction of Pokemon of his own into his life changed this to a degree. He remains the same wistful dreamer, but now has more focus in his life. With creatures somewhat dependant on him for direction and care he makes an effort to look after and properly train his Pokemon, turning his lust for knowledge to the extensive subject of Pokemon and absorbing as much as possible. It still isn't unusual however for Xander to lapse and spend several hours watching raindrops roll down a window pane, imagining where each drop of water has been before in an endless cycle of evaporation and condensation, but his Pokemon have begun to get in the habit of shocking him out of these reveries and nudging him towards a more productive use of time.

His Pokemon preferences are largely based on his romantic outlook. Ghost Pokemon have been his preference for some time, their mysterious and gothic nature enthralling him. Recently however he has begun examining Dark and Poison Pokemon, intrigued by them for similar reasons. He has yet to make a decision either way, paying little heed to the pertinent issues such as the difficulty behind dedicating yourself to a single type of Pokemon. He simply likes what he likes. With his interest in Pokemon only being recently renewed the disparity between his knowledge and experience can show itself, and he remains uncomfortable around bat-like Pokemon.

A very calm, almost zen individual Xander rarely loses his temper or holds grudges against people. He is often able to see all sides to an argument and can at the very least understand (if not agree with) someone else's point. Having experienced very little real conflict in his life Xander has never been put in a truly difficult situation, though it remains to be seen whether his reasonable attitude will stand up to genuine testing. He enjoys his own company and finds comfort in solitude but is also sociable to other boys his age. Despite his decent looks, easygoing nature and calm demeanour he is never entirely sure of what to say around girls, usually thinking of something appropriate and highly witty hours later.

History: Alexander Vance was born the son of two successful Pokemon Breeders and Suppliers in the Kalos region whom prided themselves on making perfect matches between Pokemon and Trainer. Growing up around a wealth of Pokemon of all shapes, sizes and types meant that he never really felt the need to have Pokemon of his own; there were always plenty to play with. Like all young boys he was fascinated by them and keen to start his own Pokemon journey as soon as possible, but an unpleasant experience with a Woobat his parents were raising dampened his enthusiasm for the creatures. The Woobat had been spooked by another Pokemon in the Vance's care, a Loudred, and latched onto Xander's back. The encounter left Xander with a distinctive heart shaped mark on his right shoulder blade and caused him to withdraw into himself. Surrounded by Pokemon he was no longer comfortable with and losing his enthusiasm for a journey meant that Xander spent the bulk of his free time in his bedroom, reading and daydreaming. His parents accepted this behaviour as normal for an adolescent boy and were sure that given enough space, time and encouragement he would come out of his slump.

His parents had always refused to breed or raise Ghost type Pokemon out of concern for their son. Ghost Pokemon, always surrounded by rumours of luring away children, bringing ill-fortune and causing general calamity seemed like an irresponsible thing to bring into the vicinity of a developing child. This decision had cost them many lucrative contracts over the years but as Xander grew older and distanced himself from the family business, as well as the Pokemon in their custody, they determined that the time was right to begin tapping this unexplored business avenue. Their first commission was to secure a Froslass for a new customer who didn't have the time to procure both a Snorunt and a Dawn Stone themselves. After breeding the Snorunt and exposing it to the Dawn Stone the change in the Pokemon's behaviour after its evolution was understandably dramatic.

For whatever reason Froslass insisted on invading Xander's room while he was ferreted inside, never with malice, but simply to be in his company. No matter how many times she was ushered out the icy spirit would always return. It didn't matter whether he was reading, sleeping, eating - Froslass would simply spend time quietly in his presence. Xander found his new phantom observer unsettling at first and joined his parents in their efforts to dissuade her from becoming his new lodger. Over time the implacable nature of Froslass became a running family joke and affection grew from all of them towards her – something uncharacteristic for the professional breeders. Eventually Xander conceded that there was little they could do to stop Froslasss pending time with him, and since she wasn't doing any harm he relented in trying to drive her away. Impressed that a Pokemon had finally broken through to him again his parents delayed their contract and procured a second Froslass for their client. Froslass became Xander's unofficial first Pokemon.

Froslass required very little care, looking after Xander more than he did her, but his parents still left all responsibility for her to him. With this new obligation Xander found he had less time to waste staring up at the clouds. As his bonds with the Snow Land Pokemon deepened so too did his interest in the Ghost type Pokemon he had previously had no exposure to. He began devouring all information on them that he could find, and started to follow the televised Pokemon battles for the first time in years, recording the battles that involved any Ghost Pokemon. His fascination grew to the point that on his thirteenth birthday he tentatively asked his parents for a Sableye. Thrilled that he had found a real interest again they obliged and reached out to the Pokemon Day Care along Route 7 to obtain a Sableye egg. Xander had been expecting an already hatched and partially raised Pokemon, so the presentation of an egg came as both a surprise and a challenge to him. It had been a deliberate move on the part of his parents to push him further. Rising to the occasion Xander cared for the egg and hatched a healthy female Sableye.

Sableye turned out to be rather... demanding, requiring far more care than Froslass ever had. Although this interfered with Xander's laid back lifestyle it was a healthy change for him and only served to fuel his interests. As the years went by he began to make attempts at training both Pokemon for battle, showing a decent aptitude as a Trainer. After speaking with his parents they determined that the best course of action for him was to attend the Pokemon Trainer Academy to further his studies and broaden his horizons. Gifting him with a Phantump as a going away present they bid farewell to their son. He hopes to improve his knowledge of Ghost types at the Academy and is even considering branching into other Pokemon types, but only his time at the Academy will tell whether he becomes a regular Pokemon Trainer or fully dedicates himself to Ghosts.

Pokémon:

Species: Froslass

Nickname: n/a
Personality: Froslass is a docile Pokemon, enjoying the peaceful and calming company of her relaxed Trainer. She dislikes open conflict but enjoys the friendly competition of battling, although she doesn't have a great deal of confidence in her own abilities. She could best be described as the mother of the group.
Lvl: 27
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Destiny Bond, Powder Snow, Double Team, Astonish, Confuse Ray, Ominous Wind

Species: Sableye
Personality: Sableye is a highly demanding Pokemon, requiring regular attention and affection. She's prone to tantrums when she doesn't get her way and is also incredibly vain. She could best be described as the diva or brat sister of the group.
Lvl: 23
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Captivate, Nasty Plot, Detect, Fake Out, Fury Swipes, Night Shade

Species: Phantump
Personality: Phantump is a chronic prankster, enjoying mischevious tricks and frightening others. He is the most energetic of the group and also the most eager to battle, happy to inflict the misery of defeat onto others. He could best be described as the naughty little brother of the group.
Lvl: 25
Ability: Harvest
Moves: Confuse Ray, Astonish, Growth, Ingrain, Feint Attack, Leech Seed, VenomDrench

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I am considering brinigng back Jimmy Vincent, my first character here. Is it okay if I make his Druddigon, Kaida, habe gained a few levels and with a smaller team than the one he had (with an explanation on the History part of course)?

Dawn

Years
@Synthet: I think I'm going to go ahead and approve you! Ghost type pokemon are my favrorite type of Pokemon. :P Good as always, if I remember your last SU correctly.

@Brainstorm: That sounds fair. Go ahead and send in the SU. :P

Dawn

Years
@Cosmic Fury: Nah. Go ahead. Sometimes I used to write one-post battle scenes just to boost up my Pokemon's levels a bit. (That was a loooong time ago. >=P) That's totally okay too. I figure adding a few levels as part of resubmitting is totally fair.

In other news, Merry Christmas' Eve!

Remember that the IC day will be ending soon.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Merry Christmas to all!

I will be wrapping up Alice's day soon, probably by the weekend. Also, by that time, I believe I'll have come up with a reasonable explanation for the returning rebel's team being smaller.

Dawn

Years
Perfect timing. The next IC day's morning plot is the latest and biggest step on the main story arc. I promise I won't always center the main plot around my character. :P If you want to be involved, and you absolutely don't need to, make sure you get in touch with me ASAP. It'll be pretty difficult to join in after we start because the characters involved are not going to be in an easily accessible location.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Done and done.

---

Name: James Eugene Vincent

Nickname: Jimmy

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance: James resembles late actor James Dean, as shown in the following picture:

images

He is always seen sporting a white T-shirt, ripped denim jeans and a jacket. He wears his Raikou Dorm jacket most of the time, but only because it's the rule. When he does not need to wear this yellow jacket, he'll put on a black leather jacket. All this, coupled with his hairdo, makes people think of him as a 'greaser' and a 'rebel' at first sight.

Personality:

James is one odd kid. He acts like a tough guy who has no fear, using phrases and words he learned while hanging out in the streets, mainly from bikers and thugs, to intimidate other people. He is very volatile and will turn to violence quickly and, most of the times, unnecessarily. As long as you don't try to meddle in his affairs, and stay out of his way, he won't hurt you...much.

The source of this "tough guy" persona might come from his childhood. Many say that the reason of why he is a troublemaker is because there is a void in his heart that he needs to fill, and that he is desperate to get attention. Others say that his behaviour is repressed anger against his parents that he takes out on everyone else. Another bunch of people believe he can be helped so he can be nicer, while some others say he's pure evil.

But, in spite of this angry, aggresive, mean, and shady side of his, James is known show kindness amd compassion once in a blue moon. An example of this is when he saved a Koffing from a building that was about to be torn down. This kind Jim, however, is buried very deep inside of him. Very, very, VERY deep inside. I wouldn't suggest trying to dig it up. Unless, of course, you are willing to take the risk of making things worse and getting beat up. However, since he arrived at the Academy, his ways have seemingly changed; having become slightly less impulsive and shown that he cared about another living being.

After leaving the academy and what happened afterwards, he has developed a very deep resentment towards thugs, goons, and people who take Pokémon from others. If he sees someone trying to take someone else's Pokémon by force, he will step in and attempt to defeat him/her, even if it has nothing to do with him. He especially despises Team Rocket, the reason why he lost most of his Pokémon, and will do anything to put a stop to them once and for all.

History :

James was born in Saffron City and practically raised in the streets of said city. His parents paid little attention to him because they were too busy arguing and fighting. Then, when he turned seven, his father left and his mother started dating. A lot. He received even less attention, and this led him to spend most of the day hanging out in the street, coming back home only to eat and sleep.

One of the many days he was hanging out, he wandered inside an abandoned building that was going to be torn down and found a stray Koffing inside. The Pokémon was a bit hostile to him at first, having been abandoned there by another human, and sent the young boy running out of there. The next day James went back to the building to confront the Koffing, and as he neared it he saw it was being demolished. He could hear the Koffing's faint screams from inside, and rushed inside to save him. The poor Pokémon was on the ground, having been hit by the big ball and about to fall unconscious. The boy grabbed him and took him out of there. The Pokémon was grateful for what James had done, and the two became friends.

Tired of putting up with being ignored by his mom and seeing her have a different boyfriend every week, James developed a temper and started getting in trouble with local residents, especially with biker gangs.
On the day of his fifteenth birthday, James and Smokey were taking a stroll in the Underground Path between Celadon and Lavender when a biker gang known as the Kanto Pokémon Association came to harass him. James' temper upset the bikers and they sent out their Pokémon to get him. Thanks to Smokey's special move, Psybeam, Jimmy was able to defeat them and make them leave. After the battle, James found a Pokéball lying on the floor. Fully aware of what it did and how it was used, he threw it at Smokey, successfully catching it.

A few days after that event, his mother heard he had had a battle from one of her boyfriends and almost immediately sent him to Oak's Pokémon Trainer Academy, against James' will, blaming her son for her love life and her inability to find a steady boyfriend.

At first things did not look good for this rebellious-looking teenager. His attitude and reluctance to be there were coupled by harassment from a group of kids from the Suicune Dorm who would mock him by calling him 'Raikou-boy' or other derivates. Jimmy, however, would defeat them every time and send them running away. In spite of this, he had managed to make a new friend, Rosalyn, and he appeared to be changing his ways, and showing more concern for his Pokémon after the birth of his Druddigon, Kaida, who loves him deeply and considers him a parent. He was assembling a tough team, however, when he was supposed to be at his peak, a situation at home concerning his mess of a mother forced him to pack things up, get to the docks and leave Oak Island and its Academy.

It appeared that his mother had made an arrangement to get him back to Saffron City and force him to bring an extra income since she had not been able to find a boyfriend and had covered herself with dues. The rebellious teen had a heated discussion with his mother, after which he left his house, vowing never to come back. He roamed his home region, finding items on the road and selling them to Pokémarts and training his Pokémon. After defeating the trainers from Nugget Bridge, he became quite wealthy after selling his prize and word of his success as a trainer began to spread across Kanto; and eventually it reached the ears of an evil organisation…

One day, he woke up feeling dizzy in an odd room. The walls were made of steel and he could feel that it was moving. There were no windows, but he could tell that he was in some kind of vehicle. He attempted to use his Pokémon, but could see that the ones he carried on his belt: his Dusclops, Houndoom and Hypno, were no longer there. They had taken his Pokémon from him, and that was more than enough for the rebellious-looking teenager to get mad. Luckily for him, they were unable to steal his most trusted Pokémon, Smokey and Kaida, which he had concealed in a part of his jacket that the kidnappers didn't bother searching. He sent them out and with their help he managed to make a hole in the wall. When he looked out the opening, he found himself surrounded by clouds. Quickly, he retrieved Kaida and hopped on Smokey to hover down to safety. As he did, partially blind by the strong wind, he could see that he had been in a black blimp, with a big red "R" on it. Jimmy then swore revenge on that group, and vowed to get his Pokémon back and get strong enough to overpower them. With the money he had earned by selling all the items he found lying on the road (and the nugget), he made arrangements to get enrolled again in Gary Oak's Pokémon Trainer Academy. This time, his mind was too clouded by his desire for revenge so he didn't do very well and ended up at the Raikou Dorm again.

Pokémon:

Species: Weezing
Nickname: Smokey
Personality: Smokey has most of his trainer's traits. He is impulsive and volatile, and has a strong dislike for the same kinds of people that Jimmy dislikes. He'll blow smoke in the air whenever he's angry to calm down.
Lvl: 38
Moves: Poison Gas, Psybeam, Smog, Tackle, Selfdestruct, Sludge.

Species: Druddigon
Nickname: Kaida
Personality: Kaida loves Jimmy deeply and considers him her parent. She's usually nice and friendly, despite her fierce looks. However, if she sees Jimmy or anyone else she cares about in danger, she will go all out to protect them.
Lvl: 20
Moves: Crush Claw, Leer, Dragon Rage, Hone Claws, Bite, Scary Face.

Dawn

Years
@Brainstorm: This looks good to me. Consider yourself approved.

@Everyone: It's a brand new day!

Make sure your next post concludes your character's night and ends with them waking up.

Now because this next IC day is going to have a major plot event dominating it I'm going to do things a bit differently. Instead of assigning classes at the beginning of the day I'm just going to individually assign classes to people who don't want their characters to participate in the Rocket base raid. Everyone else, this is going to replace your classes for the day.

If you didn't want your character to go on the trip, just bring it up and I'll see what I can't do about assigning your student a class.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
For the record, Skye slept through Christmas. I really had no clue what to do with him. XD He would happily enjoy Team Rocket action though. :D

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
STILL IN PROGRESS!!!

637.png
093.gif
Adrian Draegar
091.gif
627.png

Application

_______________________________________________________________________​

Name: Adrian Steele
Nickname: None (yet)
Sex: Male
Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance: (found in the spoiler tag below)
Spoiler:

Additional Physical Characteristics: All found in the spoiler tags below.
Spoiler:

Unfortunately, his injuries as a small child have greatly hampered his abilities in general. In addition to the following, he suffers from unpredictable weakness and pain, which lasts throughout the day, when it then subsides.

Flaws:
Spoiler:
[/spoiler]
Personality: (As usual, see the spoiler tag.)
Spoiler:

History: (inside the spoiler tags)
Spoiler:

Pokémon Team: (inside the spoiler tags. This one will be a bit more interesting to read, hopefully. They are listed in the order obtained.)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Alright, Finally got my Internet back after my Grandfather Cut it during a D.I.Y job.
(He wont admit it, But we all know what happened)

I'll try to Get my post up soon, Been helping my grandparents out quite a bit while Visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back