• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • @CrumbledCandyWrapper: Of course you can! It's been my policy never to turn away returnees. You can also have your pokemon be the same level as when you left. Unless anything in the SU changes, it should be open for an unusually speedy approval.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
    Years
  • Lusca Alec Maloii (Sign-Up)-REDUX-

Name: Lusca Alec Maloii

Nickname: None to mention

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance: *See Attachment*

Personality: At first appearance, Lusca seems to be very reserved or hard to approach... Or, rather, that's what he thinks. In actuality, reputation or not, Lusca is actually not intimidating in the least bit, and is actually a rather friendly person.

He is a bit of a bookworm in some aspects, but more times than not his studying consists of hands on approaches and research out in the fields. It's that reason alone that caused him to meet some of his teammates and friends at the Pokemon Academy.

Seems like the only word he knows is "power", and if he's not going stir-crazy trying to obtain more of it, he's making his Pokemon do it for him. This isn't necessarily a BAD thing, but far be it from anyone around him to describe it as a GOOD thing either. It's okay because using that little shtick of his, he's risen to the top on numerous occasions.

No, he's not your "Top 8 Semi-finalist" at the Sinnoh League Pokemon contest, but he has risen to the occasion in his academic and Pokemon studies; which is what prompted the Pokemon Academy to offer him a pass into their school.

As far as his social life goes, Lusca doesn't mind keeping to himself; even though he's not the BEST company to keep. He loves having a friend or two, but he might not be the one that initiates conversation unless it's a pressing matter. He's simply shy in that respect but means no harm if he doesn't speak at first meet.

Whatever company Lusca decides to actually keep, they seem to always understand that he's all about hard-work and dedication, although secretly he wishes SOMEONE could tear him away from his studies more times than nawt. All apart of that "lust for power" thing, I suppose...

History: Lusca grew up in the slums of Saffron City, the central hub off all things Psychic. He wasn't actually IN the slums, no, more like the kind of thing where if you walk to school in the morning you're bound to walk through the bad end of the city ...that kind of thing.

Lusca spent whatever free time he allotted himself at or in the slums, observing the Pokemon from a safe vantage point. The Pokemon in that area amused him, they intrigued him. They usually became the subject of most of Lusca's class projects.

After a while, Lusca finally told himself he knew enough about all the Psychic-Type and Poison-Type Pokemon that roamed around in that area, so he decided to give himself his own hands-on lesson. After about a week, he'd become friends with a tiny Grimer, who he'd brought home to show his parents.

His mother and father already disapproved of how often Lusca spent time in the slums, claiming it was ruining his study habits (how little they know). Grimer became the seal on the deal, with his parents allowing their son to keep him, so long as his grades don't falter and he takes care of the Pokemon himself.

With that, he decided to name Grimer "Slick" and he'd kept it with him up until his 11th birthday (3 years). On that day it was decided that he'd become old enough to be sent out on his own and explore all the regions of the world... wait, WHAT?

Yes, mother and father sent Lusca off around Kanto to "see the world" and "broaden his horizons". With a somewhat heartfelt goodbye, he was sent off to the Pokemon Trainer Academy ... and the rest, as they say, was history.

---------------------------------

Pokemon:

Species Grimer
    088.gif

Nickname Slick

Personality: Slick is the brave one. Lusca might be too, but Slick has enough bravery for an entire community. Living in the slums of Saffron City did it to him, seeing as living there meant that you lived by "dog eat dog" and "kill or be killed". As a Grimer, he not only fought for food, he fought for his life most times.

Suddenly though, one day his luck had turned around. Food was becoming WAY easier to find, and it somehow looked more fresh; not old and decaying like he'd been used to. What surprised him most was the location. Slick was still in the slums, sure, but the location of the food was put in places close to the outskirts, where people usually never dump garbage, especially not of that quality.

Doing a little investigation of his own, Grimer soon found out who'd began placing his everyday meals. None other than Lusca himself. With a grateful hug, which Lusca almost mistook as an attack, Grimer thanked the stranger and followed him home too.

Level: 23

Moves:

-Poison Jab
    -Minimize
    -Flamethrower (TM)
    -Mud Bomb
    -Thunderbolt (but it can only be used after an Electric-Type move is used on him)
    -Dig

--------------------------------

Species: Abra
    063.gif

Nickname: Lleba (Pronounced - Ell•bah)

Personality: All this Abra does all day is sleep ;your typical textbook Psychic-Type. When he's awake however, Lleba exhibits amazing Psychic abilities. He was actually captured during Lusca's short journey, when he entered a cave with his then newly named Grimer and found the Abra sleeping. Without a fight, he was caught, and Lusca named him once he'd awoke.

Level: 18

Moves:

-Teleport
    -Psychic
    -Ice Punch
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shock Wave
    -Energy Ball

---------------------

/Edited his personality a bit because I actually hated it... Hope it's still ok though .

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • I'll be trying to get back into this soon. I'm running a large RP on another forum, but I've been trying to find time to get back into the swing of things here...

Especially since my activity on Serebii is close to zero. :P

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @CrumbledCandyWrapper: Hmm... Your history section is actually a bit shorter than the minimum limit set in the SUs section. I think I'm going to ignore that and accept you anyway, though; it's like one decent sized sentence shorter than it 'needs' to be and I think I'm convinced you can write well enough.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
    Years
  • If it needs to be tweaked a little, I don't have a problem doing so.

But if I'm re-accepted, can I just hop back in? Or is there something pressing I need to know about first?

(Just so I don't accidentally make a weird post and throw something off...)

Dawn

Years
  • @CrumbledCandyWrapper: It's Christmas Day, it's snowing across the island and tension with Team Rocket is rapidly building as they utterly fail to be subtle about their presence on the island. :P

I'm sure that will have some sort of consequence by the next IC day~

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    Name (First, Middle-optional and Last):jeffery jhonson

Nickname (Optional):jeff

Age (10-15):10

Sex (Male or Female):male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):raikou

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):black had, white, green eyes

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): nice, shy, and stubborn

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 350 word minimum brought up in pallet town, when being born a mother crabby was giving birth in the bed beside his because the pokemon center was full. outside, a pigey stole a great ball from the pokemart and dropped it into jeffery's hand by accident. jeffery threw it at the newly born crabby by mistake and caught it they've been buds ever since.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
    Species:krabby
    Nickname(Optional):
    Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): calm and loyal
    Lvl(Max 30):1
    Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):tackle

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
  • Name: Eliana Ward

Nickname: Ellie (Dreads being called Eliana)

Sex: Female

Dorm: Entei

Height: 4'6"

Weight: 82lbs

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Personality:

Spoiler:

History:

Spoiler:

Pokémon:

Species: Absol

359.gif

Nickname: Nellie
    Lvl: 30

Personality: She was once a very good friend of Ellie's. After the Incident however she is a very cold, Dangerous Pokemon, She give's off a very Ominous aura, Oftentimes even causing Nausea for those not used to it. Has been known to attack even people with only slight provocation.

Moves:
    -???

Species: Marill

183.gif

Nickname: Elliot
    Lvl: 26

Personality: Very good friend's with Ellie and the Old Nellie. Can be very mischievous and often get's himself into trouble, often abusing his charm to get out of it.

Moves:
    -Aqua tail
    -Double-Edge
    -Aqua jet
    -Protect
    -Aqua Ring

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Burg: I think I've got a good grasp on what's going on in your history and why her absol lacks any moves. That being said, that trainer creator you used is awesome! I just learned about it from you, so thanks! (You're totally accepted, by the way)

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
  • @Burg: I think I've got a good grasp on what's going on in your history and why her absol lacks any moves. That being said, that trainer creator you used is awesome! I just learned about it from you, so thanks! (You're totally accepted, by the way)

Alright thanks, Was hoping that wouldn't be a problem. To clear any possible questions up, It's because She herself, As well as the average person IC wouldn't know either. And no problem about the trainer Creator, I pretty much flipped when I found it, Had to dig pretty deep into the internet to find a character creator that I was happy with.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Jeffery jhonson

Nickname (Optional):jeff

Age (10-15):10

Sex (Male or Female):male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):raiku

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):black hair, tan skin, green eyes, usually wears green t-shirt, blue shorts, green sneekers and white socks

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 150 word minimum Jeffery is shy, but caring, he usually hides when new people walk up to him, but he is very nice and funny

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 350 word minimum.jeffery grew up in Cherrygrove city and his parents got divorced when Jeffery was six. He went to live with his dad and his brother, ash ketchum, went to live with Jeffery's mom.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
    Species:krabby
    Nickname(Optional):
    Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
    Lvl(Max 30): krabby is kind loyal, and full of pride, he saved Jeffery's life when Jeffery was 3 by lifting him out of a swimming pool when Jeffery was drowning.
    Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): tackle

Dawn

Years
  • @krabbyrocks30: Your personality and history sections are well below the 150 and 350 word minimum respectively. I get the impression that this RP might be a little bit much for you to jump straight into, but if you'd still like to give it a shot I won't stop you. Before that can happen though, you've gotta read the SU and make sure everything is filled out as it's supposed to be. (I also noticed you accidentally put your pokemon's personality in the level field and didn't give a level.) Your character needs depth if you don't want to get bored playing them after a little while, so think of it as helping yourself.

I should also probably tell you that there's a moderator enforced rule on all RPs here that all posts must be at least '4 lines' long.

I'm pleased to see you're making an effort to use capital letters, though!

@Ewry1: Welcome back~ What kept you away? =o

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would be very gracious if you let me in.

Name: Lucas Stormcloud
    Nickname:None

Dorm Alliance: Raikou

Appearance:Around 5'10" White. He has long dark brown hair. Dark blue eyes with dark green flecks. He's a little bit over weight but could still do a 6 minute mile. Normally he wears a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt but sometimes he will wear a suit.

Personality: Smart, Honest, but impatient. These traits most easily resemble Lucas. He has not taken to kindly to others. The only one that's really able to get close to him is his pokemon. Lucas cares for his pokemon with everything he has. Lucas is pretty smart he can size up a situation and know exactly what to do. Probably the most notice able thing about Lucas is how impatient he is. He doesn't want to wait for anything. When something needs to get done he wants to do it quickly. Another thing about Lucas is hes honest. If someone were to steal something the last person they'd believe it was, would be Lucas. Probably because of how he was treated growing up Lucas doesn't take to kindly to people who look down on others.

Background:Growing up he was bullied all though 1-6 grade. At the end of 7th grade for his 12th birthday his mom took him to the Johto region. Where he found a Pokemon Egg that hatched into a Cyndaquil. Since his parents saw he was so happy they let him keep it. After they arrived back in Sinnoh. He got really hot headed and wanted to start his pokemon journey. So one day, after he was just done with all the bad things going on at home he just got up and left. He quickly made it to Sandgem Town. After he arrived there he decided to go spend a night at the pokemon center. Right as he was about to walk in a girl came running out unfortunately something made her trip and she went head first into the ground. I helped her up and introduced my self. She was a little shorter than me, green eyes, dark brown hair, not too fat not too skinny. So in other words she was perfect. After staying at the pokemon center we decided to travel together because she wanted to become a pokemon master. She had a Staravia, a Grotle, and a Luxio. I guess you could say she was better than me, she thought she was. While making our way we fell in love with each other. I couldn't have been happier. She was perfect. We had finally made it to Jubilife city when a member of team rocket jumped out and demanded our pokemon. I Immediatly released my only pokemon, cyndaquil, to battle. The rocket member seeing we would not go easy, released a zubat. I told the girl, Lucy, to get behind me. I wanted to prove myself to her. I then told my cyndaquil to use flamethrower which scored a good hit against zubat. The zubat then used leech life but Cyndaquil evaded the attack and used flamethrower again which scoring another good hit knocked out the zubat. The rocket grunt seeing defeat took off. Even tho none of our pokemon were hurt we hurried to a pokemon center. Right as we walked throught the front doors a nurse coming walking up. "Are you Lucy?" She asked. Lucy nodded. "Come with me ." Said the nurse frantically. She led us over to a phone. It was a man who looked to be in his mid-forties. It must be Lucy's father. He told Lucy that her mother was very sick and that she need to come back to hoenn immediatly. Her dad had to go and so did she. She have me a hug and we said our goodbyes and she left. Left with only me and cyndaquil we decided to continue our journey. We spent the night in Jubilife it was weird. I had never stayed over night in a large city before. It was loud but I eventually fell asleep. In the morning I hurriedly ate breakfast got ready and left. I was glad to be out of city I don't like being around lots of people. Once I was out of the city I headed north towards Floaroma Town. On my way there I spotted an Two Eevee playing with each other. I wanted to catch one so I called on cyndaquil. They quickly ran away but I would not be discouraged so I followed them into the forest. I cornered the first one so I had cyndaquil use flamethrower which worked very well. I threw a pokeball and I caught it. I frantically searched for the other. I eventually cornered it against a cliff I had cyndaquil use smokescreen and then ember it was knocked out so I threw another pokeball. It rocked three times then stopped so I guess I caught it. I went and picked it up and admired my new pokemon. It my delight I failed to notice the caterpie approaching. I got up and turned around and tripped over the caterpie and I fell down the hill. When I finally reached the bottom I realized my leg was broken. If I moved or touched it, it felt like cyndaquil was using ember on me. I realized I needed help so I whipped out my phone and called nurse joy at the pokemon center. She said she would get here as soon as possible. I decided to pull myself to the nearest trees to lean on. Moving over to the tree I felt one of my pokeballs move a little more than it should. So I pulle it out and it started shaking in my hand so I let it out. It was Eevee I wasn't sure which one it was so I decided to think of a name for it. After a ton of consideration I decided to name it Jade. I decided not to name the other one. After a long while nurse joy came and got me and brought me back to the pokemon center. When we arrived there was a letter saying i was accepted into Pokemon Academy.

Pokémon

Cyndaquil
    Nickname:Archiac
    Level:13
    Male
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Smokescreen
    Ember
    Flamethrower

Eevee
    Nickname: Jade
    Level:9
    Female
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip

Eevee
    Nickname:
    Level:8
    Male
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Dillon: Once again apologies for the wait. All sorts of things nagging for my attention today. You're accepted! I was amused because Lucas and Lucy's names are so similar.

Edit: @Everyone: The current IC day will be ending on December 27th. As soon as the 27th hits you can only make one more post taking place on IC Christmas and it must end with the new day starting. (Because we're all secretly time lords, the new IC day will not be the day after Christmas. We'll be jumping ahead. Try not to pay too much attention to this, as it's merely a method of letting us ave holidays without IC days being absurdly short.)

That being said, if you want to be involved in the newest and biggest part of the rocket plot yet, you should say so now. Without giving many spoilers if you've been paying attention to Valorie's struggles you may have noticed that trouble is brewing on the horizon. This event will take place -after- morning classes.

Speaking of which, if you have any morning classes you'd like your character to be put in specifically, feel free to mention those now. I can't make guarantees, but I try to throw people bones where I can.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Sure I'll be in. Although Lucia is sort of having an excused absence she'll be coming around tomorrow for some interactions. (AKA: Reason I wasn't here before was because of school so I can get her back in. :P)

Dawn

Years
  • @Greiger: Considering Valorie's kidnapping sparked this, you have me wondering if this will finally bring Lucia's distaste for Val to the spotlight.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    What!? Distaste!? Where in the WORLD would you get such a crazy idea Yellow? Lucia is a sweet and innocent girl... she would NEVER admit to hating someone like Valorie. Such dreadful rumors! I am ashamed of you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back