• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU ~ Dual Synergy

Funsparce

The Fun is always Dunsparce
Years
  • Alright guys, this is my first time with RMT, so I do plead you to bash my team as hard as possible <3 So, Let's get into this:

Just from that, you may notice the synergy: Water Grass Fire, and Fighting Dark Psychic.

Scope them:

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spd
    Nature: Bold
    ~ Calm Mind
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden Power (Fighting)
    ~ Rest

So, we are starting things off with a Pokemon that is quite bulky. Not only a great wall to the prominent fighting types, but a semi-reliable lead. It is easily able to set up on Deoxys-D, and if I fear that spikes will take too much of a toll on my team (based on theirs), then I can usually kill it in two hits with +1. Either way, at least two layers of Spikes will be set if you choose to lead with this. By maximizing it's defensive stats, Spiritomb can switch a threatening blow. That coupled with it's Dark/Ghost typing, giving it no weaknesses, but Immunity to common fighting, psychic, and normal types, make this the arguably best typing that a Pokemon can get. Dark Pulse gives it a great STAB attack that will hit anything that doesn't resist it really hard after a few Calm Minds. Hidden Power (Fighting) covers the rest. Although not STAB, it hits Steel Types and Dark Types like there's no tomorrow, especially if you can get a Calm Mind under your wing. Rest isn't the most reliable form or recovery, but I prefer to get it's HP up fast, with it's defenses it is possible to stall out the turns if you must, or you can switch out and kill the threatening foe.

Shaymin@Choice Specs
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    ~ Seed Flare
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    ~ Rest

Next we dig our way into the first Pokemon of the synergy: Shaymin! With all it's stats being at base One hundred, Shaymin is among the strongest grass type pokemon in this tier. It can be switched in on bulky waters, possibly revenge kill a fire type, and even take out threatening flying type. This moveset that has been bestowed upon Shaymin is so versatile, and fits right in with this team. It's move of choice, with 120 Base Power as well as STAB, is Seed Flare. Exclusive to Shaymin, it works out quite well with the chance of it's secondary effect happening: it may Lower the foes Special Defense stat by 2 stage. What a monster Shaymin becomes after that! However, the accuracy of the move is a little disappointing, and can really hurt when you miss in a Pinch, being at 85. But, with the choice specs item and a Speed loving nature, Shaymin is notoriously able to kill Bulky Water types with no hesitation. The next move of choice is Earth Power. It can kill opposing fire types, that aren't scarfed, and has a chance to lower their Special Defense stat by one stage. This is also the only counter on the team to electric type Pokemon. Now, for the Hidden Power, I opt to go for Ice for greater coverage. I already have Victini to demolish the threats with fire, so Ice can kill threatening Flying types. The final move is Rest, which is coupled with Natural Cure to wake up on switching. Be warned, with HP Ice, any Max Speed Victinis, scarfed or not, will outspeed you by 1 point.

Victini@Choice Band
    Ability: Victory Star
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly
    ~ V-Create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - U-Turn
    ~ Zen Headbutt

And Shaymin's partner of Choice is.. Victini! Not only that, but it makes up the entirety of the Dual Synergy, having a Fire/Psychic type combination. Rivaled only by Darminatan for the strongest (offensively) fire type in UU, Victini packs a powerful punch! Not only that, but it has access to Dual STAB moves, with is always fun to play around with. Now Victinis STAB, the strongest move without sacrifice, is V-Create! This will hit every pokemon hard, except for Bulky water types. 180 Base power and a choice band, just the fear of that attack itself may for switches! There are drawbacks, however. It may do massive damage, but it also lowers the user's Defense, Special Defense, and Speed by one stage each. It ohko's even the bulkiest of Tangrowths! It will also do a neat chunk to water types such as Slowking, as well. To counter water types (Not, by any means, should you switch into one) Victini has access to Zekrom's signature move, Fusion Bolt. This move can be used on opposing Flying types, or even used to predict a water type switch in. The next move Victini opts to use is U-Turn. This is more for scouting, for the damage output isn't too great. But it can hit the aforementioned Slowpoke family. The final move of choice is an additional STAB, in Zen Headbutt. With a possible flinch, and choice band, this move cannot be passed up. Victini is the Basis of the Dual Synergy.

Empoleon@Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
    Nature: Calm
    ~ Stealth Rock
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    ~ Roar

Here comes the final part to the Water, Fire, Grass synergy, Empoleon! This is a common one to use in the synergy, but, it's defenses are greatly appreciated by it's fellow teammates. Instead of using brute force, the massive penguin has decided it best to be as bulky as possible to support the team. Although I did say Spiritomb was a possible lead, this emperor is usually used to set up stealth rocks as soon as possible, which cripple all of the pokemon that threaten it's hedgehog friend, Shaymin. As all bulky water types go, Scald is used, as opposed to Surf, or even the possible Hydro Pump. It cripples physical attackers that may want to set up, and not even a Special Attacker wants to take a burn. It also chooses this as it's STAB, so it can do a hefty amount of damage, as well as burn the for. The third moveslot is taken by Ice Beam. This team has no real counter to Flygon, bar Shaymin, who doesn't stand a chance to a banded Outrage, or even a scarfed one. So, a Steel type pokemon who resists it is great, and one that learns Ice Beam works even better! Ice Beam Usually Ohko's Flygon, and if not it will kill it in two hits. The last move is Roar. It's quite great to use on U-Turn Azelf leads, as a sort of funny way to deal more damage with rocks. This supportive set loves the rest of the team, as the rest of the team loves it!

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
    Nature: Careful
    ~ Wish
    - Payback
    - Curse / Heal Bell
    ~ Protect

Let's begin with the next step, Synergy number two! Umbreon fits right in as an opposite of Spiritomb. And, most of the time people won't want to give him a status problem do to his Synchronize ability, and the possible Heal Bell. This variant, however, isn't limited to helping itself. It can also cast Wish onto it's teammates! And, with max HP (A total of 394 Hit Points), Wish heals every single one of my Pokemon a massive deal. Coupled with protect, Wish Stalling is made easy with Umbreons defenses. It is Umbreons strongest way to heal, and arguable greatest way to stall. Everything about this pokemon is about stalling, supporting, and recovering.The choice move of STAB is Payback. With bad Speed, although not the worst, Payback can potentially take a pokemon halfway with no boost, though usually it will make for a 3+ hit KO. This move also gets stronger if the foe decides to switch, which is very likely when they face this pokemon. The final move is based on preferance; Curse or Heal Bell. Heal Bell gives complete support, awaking the sleeping Spiritomb and Hariyama. It's also good if toxic is used on one of your walls, crippling it's potential. If Heal Bell is selected (As it does work well) you'll need more Defense investment. Now, the move curse. It will allow Umbreon to take Close Combats of any sort if your able to set up +3. It will also empower Payback greatly, so getting double damage (Which is super likely due to the speed drops from cursing up). This pokemon is very taunt weak, so it always has to be wary of that.

Hariyama@Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 12 HP/ 244 Def/ 252 Spd
    Nature: Impish
    ~ Whirlwind
    - Brick Break
    - Sleep Talk
    ~ Rest

The Final Pokemon of the team! This has got to be some sort of joke.. I mean, come on, a Hariyama!? This is truly a great pokemon, with Decent Bulk to finish off the team. Thick Fat lets it come in on Fire and Ice type attacks aimed at Shaymin, and it's type let's it take Dark type hits who attempt to fight Victini. With a MASSIVE 432 HP Stat, this pokemon is almost sure to survive and hit. It survives one Brave Bird from Choice Scarfed, Guts Boosted Swellow, and can Whirlwind it out for it to come in and take rock damage later. Which brings us to the moves. It has the Rest and Sleep Talk Combination. This allows it to take a few hits, rest, sleep talk, and repeat. Very annoying, seeing as it's Hit Points count is way too high. It can phaze those who try to set up on it as it sleeps with Whirlwind, while slowly racking up damage from Stealth Rocks, to eventually kill the opposing team. The final move on this is Brick Break. It is a reliable STAB attack, base 75 power, and can ruin the effect of Reflect, as well as Light Screen. And, with 276 unboosted attack power, Hariyama has much potential to Shine on this team. Also, I have been testing Seismic Toss in it's place. It's not as effective, but it hits flying types that decide to switch in harder than Brick Break would.​

In review, there are Three Mixed Walls, One SpD Wall, One SpA Sweeper, and one Atk Sweeper. Two of the Walls are potential Sweepers. One of the walls is a supporter. And the last wall is a phazer.

All of your Love is appreciated, and your criticism even more <3
    (Sorry for the odd set up of Text ;P)

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Why Choice Specs and Rest on Shaymin? I would either try running Life Orb on it or ditching Rest for Air Slash, letting Umbreon provide heals via Wish. Another option for a hard-hitting grass pokemon would be this Roserade set:

Item: Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 Spd
    Nature: Modest [+SAtk / -Atk]
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leaf Storm
    - Rest
    - Sleep Powder

You can replace Sleep Powder with HP Ice/Fire if you're still worried about coverage. It not only hits harder than Shaymin, but it can absorb toxic spikes.

I don't think you should run phazing Hariyama on your team unless you have entry hazards on your team; that or you are really worried about set-up sweepers. Rapid spin support for Victini (which you should consider using Choice Scarf to outspeed opponents) would be really nice, so try replacing with a Hitmontop set like this:

Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    - Toxic
    - Rapid Spin
    - Close Combat
    - Sucker Punch

Last edited:

Funsparce

The Fun is always Dunsparce
    Years
  • Choice Specs rest ~ Switch in on a resist, rest, switch out.

Phaze ~ He adds a bit of bulk, and Empoleon has Rocks ;3

I'll test the Hitmontop though

Thanks for bringing this to my attention :D I appreciate the help!

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're gonna use Hitmontop, use Foresight over Toxic or Sucker Punch, this allows you to spin on ghosts.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For Hariyama, it's better off with Force Palm over Brick Break. The power loss is a bit annoying, but it allows you to potentially paralyze opponents.

Back