• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The worst pokemon in the world...

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Currently Sunkern in the worst pokemon in the pokemon world; providing we go be statistics alone.
    It has base stats of 180 (30 for each), 5 weaknesses (Flying, Poison, Bug, Fire, Ice) as well as a small and weak movepool.

But in your opinion which pokemon is the worst in the world?

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Sunkern, Feebas, and Magikarp (and Metapod, Kakuna, Cascoon, and Silcoon because I know they'll be mentioned here) can at least evolve into useful pokemon. Perhaps Sunflora and the bugs aren't quite as powerful as Gyarados or Milotic, but they actually have a half-decent movepool.

The only truly useless pokemon is one that can't evolve to be stronger and has an extremely shallow movepool that makes even using one a very situational affair.

By that I of course mean:
    201W.png
    201E.png
    201S.png
    201U.png
    201C.png
    201K.png

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll just toss this in Pokemon General. Even though we're taking stats and moves into consideration, it's still more about the Pokemon rather than the games themselves.

tumblr_ljeiqmbSSA1qc98kgo1_500.gif

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Sunkern, Feebas, and Magikarp (and Metapod, Kakuna, Cascoon, and Silcoon because I know they'll be mentioned here) can at least evolve into useful pokemon. Perhaps Sunflora and the bugs aren't quite as powerful as Gyarados or Milotic, but they actually have a half-decent movepool.

The only truly useless pokemon is one that can't evolve to be stronger and has an extremely shallow movepool that makes even using one a very situational affair.

By that I of course mean:
    201W.png
    201E.png
    201S.png
    201U.png
    201C.png
    201K.png

Agreed.

Unown is just...crap. I never bother with them because it just isn't worth collecting them all. I don't remember what you gain from doing that in Gold/Silver/Crystal but i'm sure it isn't worth it.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I agree with Unknown being terrible. I have fun catching all of the different letters but they are pretty much useless in battle. At least pokemon like Feebas and Magikarp evolve into good pokemon.

Years
  • Unown? Terrible?
    headshake.gif

That one playthrough of GSC in which I used Unown was probably my most fun playthrough ever...

No, what really sucks usefulness-wise is the Paras line in my opinion, never got much out of them. Weaknesses and 4x weaknesses aplenty, access to Spore but too poor speed to make use of it. At least they resist Ground 4x...

ATM the Mudkip

A Mudkip
    Years
  • It really all depends on the way you look at it. Sunkern has the worst stats and most weaknesses, but Unkown is just... Bad. Also, you can say a line of Pokemon are useless just because you yourself have never used them.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Unown are cool but purposeless in battle. So I agree. Feebas and Magikarp are worthless unless they evolve into Milotic and Gyrados. Which are awesome and great in battle.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • metapod/kakuna if you don't consider its pre/post-evolutions. magikarp/feebas is pretty useless too unless they evolve.

in terms of moveset, delibird is pretty useless too (not the worst of the worst, but still pretty bad compared to at least 95% of the pokemon out there in terms of utility).

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Magikarp is the weakest thing in the universe. Even a bacteria would destroy it.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Thank you! :D

FireRed Pokédex: "It is virtually worthless in terms of both power and speed. It is the most weak and pathetic Pokémon in the world."

I guess that answers it, but since it evolves, it's not truly an infinite weakling. It's bound to evolve sooner or later. Also:

Red and Blue Pokédex: "In the distant past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendants that exist today."

At least it used to be stronger. Unown has been crappy since ancient times.
    That's not true it has swift swim and is fairly fast ;)
    But Magikarp itself is worthless in R/B/Y due to no Exp. Share.
    I don't know what everyone has against Magikarp. Magikarp was made to troll the first generation of pokemon players. I mean how many people found out the Magikarp evolved into Gyarados by James kicking his Magikarp.

Unown is completly worthless in battle and is only useful in collection purpose. The most worthless pokemon in my opinion is Dunspance, it's was rare, it has crappy typing, crappy movepool and low base stats.

Years
  • The Paras line has been one of the most useful specie that I've played with.
    All depends on personal experience I suppose, I never found them really useful...
    Admittedly, Unown is probably the worst, but then again they're just so much fun to use, that entirely makes up for the lackluster stats, movepool and such. In my opinion, of course.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Magikarp and Feebas are arguably the worse Pokemon in existence. Outside of them, it's Weedle, Caterpie, Wurmple and Burmy, IMO.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Ignoring evoultions, Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna, Metapod, Sunkern, and Magikarp. They are epic fail until they evolve.

Unown is epic fail that doesn't evolve at all and therefore remains epic fail for the duration of its existence. I used to laugh when CPU trainers in Stadium 2 tried to use Unown against me :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Anyone who has mentioned Unown will have their post officially *seconded* by me. Useless and horrible and bleh!

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • What's with the Magikarp hate :(

Magikarp is awesome! Okay it might be useless in battle unless evolved, but it's awesome factor saves it from being the worst Pokemon.

I feel like Unown is pretty pointless (I'm usually biased FOR the older Pokemon, but I really don't see how Unown could be useful.) Hidden Power... really that's the ONLY move paired with below average stats? No Evolution, bleh...

That's not true it has swift swim and is fairly fast ;)
    But Magikarp itself is worthless in R/B/Y due to no Exp. Share.
    I don't know what everyone has against Magikarp. Magikarp was made to troll the first generation of pokemon players. I mean how many people found out the Magikarp evolved into Gyarados by James kicking his Magikarp.

Unown is completly worthless in battle and is only useful in collection purpose. The most worthless pokemon in my opinion is Dunspance, it's was rare, it has crappy typing, crappy movepool and low base stats.
    *Cough* Don't underestimate a Dunsparce w/ Serene Grace and Ancient Power. *Cough*

Last edited:
    Back