• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Double post has been automatically merged.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Hey PC, I've been experiencing a slight problem with the forum here recently, and was wondering if any of ya folks out there could help me with the problem.

I created a new club here at: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7658507#post7658507 and after getting it approved, I went to reply to the topic as I had an update to make. I wrote what I wanted to write and the reply to my topic was just fine, but once I refreshed the page or went back to that page, my reply was automatically merged with my topic, saying that the reasons for editing is that your double post has been automatically merged.

I'm almost certain this is automatic, as it happens right after I post a reply to my topic? Any ideas here, guys? Thanks for all the answers in advanced, BTW. ;)

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • It does that since double posting is against the rules in most cases. I'm not sure if it's allowed in Pokemon Clubs, but you could talk to Olli97 about help. He'd have to post some filler, you post your update, and then he can merge the posts making it look like you double posted without it being merged. The other option is to simply just wait a certain amount of time (can't remember, was it a day or two?). Though that one update should probably be edited into the thread via an update section or what not rather than it's own post, just my two cents.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Under most cases, such as a chat or Q&A thread, that is seen as a "post boosting" and thus considered spam, though in cases such as the clubs, you simply have to wait…for a couple days? Yeah. Only staff can double-post, but that's not really that important :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Thanks for all the answers guys, they helped. It turns out that you do have to wait for a time period to post two consecutive posts. Thanks for all the help :D

Back