• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day/Night System by AndryAndrew & HackLars - Version 1.1.0 released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
Yes of sure, this version is the first, we will work on a multi-game support version.

I implemented MM_X's system and was going to put a level script in each map that changes the weather for afternoon, night, day, etc. This tool already did this! Will try as soon as possible! Thanks Andryandrew and Hacklars =).
The routine don't insert a level script in each map...

It looks good. Shame I can't use my computer to use it, as it is a Vista, but it looks good. I hope that you will try to make it work for Vista users, but you don't really have to. It seems good, and is a great add-on.
I have make this tool and i have Windows Vista :D
Why can't you use this program? maybe you must download ocx and dll register.
I've used COMDLG32.OCX only.. you must download it and put in system32 folder

Well, if it's possible, could you make it possible to make it work for FireRed/LeafGreen and make it randomly generate codes for the day/night system to work, and have it change for day to night and vice versa at perfect time?
AndreyAndrew are working to add the clock in FireRed and when he'll add the clock, I make the Day/Night System for FireRed and LifeGreen.
Now the palette change only when you load a map, we will make a system to change the palette ever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
i'm working to tranlate the tool in english, germany, french and spanish

Jirachi260 have translated the tool in english and french.
Who can translate it in Germany and in Spanish?

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I have make this tool and i have Windows Vista :D
Why can't you use this program? maybe you must download ocx and dll register.
I've used COMDLG32.OCX only.. you must download it and put in system32 folder

I tried, but it doesn't work. No matter though.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I got the tool, and tried it out, and it works nicely! I have one question though, is this program going to be in Italian always, it will a translated version be released?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I like it a lot =)

Here's to anybody who wanted a quick translation of the main words in the tool.

Italian is at the bottom, English is at the top:

Spoiler:

Also I found a pretty odd bug. The grass animation palette is the same I think, because at night it's really light.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Great tool. I love the fact that it actually has the four periods of the day, instead of two, like on M_X's. But on both tools, it still shows as night when you get out of the truck XD.
I made a really simple d/n system once, just using weather and shoal cave's flags. It would be so simple to make a system if I just knew the flags for the times in ruby...
Anyways, I'll be here waiting for the English version, and the later that would work with FRLG ;-)

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Great tool. I love the fact that it actually has the four periods of the day, instead of two, like on M_X's. But on both tools, it still shows as night when you get out of the truck XD.
This is because clock isn't setted yet when you get out of the truck... So it's 0.00 (midnight).

Also I found a pretty odd bug. The grass animation palette is the same I think, because at night it's really light.
I hope i can solve this bug... It's really odd

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
Yes, we will fix all this bug in the next release routine, we are working on the rtc system ;)

I've add the Diary in the mainsite, you can red all the news about the Day/Night System (the news are write in italian and english).
The news there are under the site Logo

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
This looks great! How many bytes does this use? It's really cool how you can add so many different paallettes. I espesialy like the morning.

razor93

Alternative Rotom Maker
Years
That's a great idea! It looks great ^^
But when it will be version for Sapphire? I'm making hack from it, and I'm too far to change it to Ruby...

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
I've make the tool working on
Ruby USA: AXVE
Ruby Spanish: AXVS
Ruby German: AXVD
Ruby French: AXVF
Ruby Italian: AXVI
Sapphire USA: AXPE
Sapphire Spanish: AXPS
Sapphire German: AXPD
Sapphire French: AXPF
Sapphire Italian: AXPI
Now I'm working to test all this Rom, maybe in 2-3 days i'll release the version 1.0.0 with the old routine compatible with all this rom!
I've translated the tool in English and French.
Thanks Jirachi for the Palette Offset off all the ROM and for the English and French translate :D

thetribemaster

Pokemon: Brink of Oblivion
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2009
Ok, I really want the program, I dled it twice and they check out as far as size integrity, but when i run it it says:

Code:
Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have an x86_64 architecture, I copied MSCOMCTL.OCX (from majorgeeks.com) to my system, system32, and sysWOW64 folders, then I went to run -> REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX, I also used REGSVR32 \windows\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX, \windows\system\MSCOMCTL.OCX, and \windows\sysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX all three of the latter got me an error of:

Code:
The module was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c

The first without the full path landed me here:

Code:
The module may not be compatible with the version of windows you' re running.
Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsrv32.exe

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

HackLars said something about a dll or ocx but it wasnt the one i was concerned with.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
For some reason it won't work for me. I choose the colours and locations, put it in as dynamic and no errors, but when I open the ROM it's just normal. I've noticed that on the time thing there's an OK box, but it crashes whenever I click it. Is that the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back