• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Team: Team Astra (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
  • @edwardo999
    Flavor Text is the description of the Pokemon in the Pokedex.
    If you don't like me doing that job, I could always map or edit those attacks.
    I could also edit text in the maps. Like edit the what the town name that shows up in the Signposts.

Banner bbcode:
    [*IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tImxy.png[/IMG]
    Just remove the *

@Outkin
    I have a firered rom.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years

Thanx for the PM but i'm not part of the team, I just wanted to see if I could help. You see, i'm doing this thing where i'll look at a team and offer help if it looks like it is needed.

Sincerely
    ~The one and only PikakittenX

P.S. Totally do the dad idea it's pretty original since all the other games rarely involve your dad.

Years
  • New role added to fit mineox100, PokedexInfoEditor! mineox100 is added to the team!
    Now, just to clarify, Giovanni is a good guy in this game. I got told to write that because someone still thought he was a baddie and got confused, so that's just to clear any confusion/misunderstandings.
    Also, thanks mineox100 on the banner, and how to put it in my sig =D

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
  • Hi guys, if you want the banner to link to this thread use this:
    [*URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7085843]http://i.imgur.com/tImxy.png[/IMG*][/URL]
    Remove the two *

Years
  • Wow, thanks again, mineox100, that's even better!
    How about I make you our official BannerMaker? (I'll add it to roles if you say yes)

Years
  • Userbars, banners, same difference.
    Role added! UserbarBannerMaker!
    mineox100, Outkin and EmoAngel edited! mineox100 has the new role, and both have Tester as a secnodary role. I have decided that Tester is always a secondary role, so we actually have them focusing on the other role more. Sorry guys if you don't like! Also, EmoAngel has had Tester added as a secondary role.

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
  • Actually, banners are much bigger than userbars...
    I also PMed all of you guys the storyline I made. Check it out!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sent you a PM mineox100 with slight changes to the Pre-Game Story, if it isn't a hassle could you forward it to the others?
    And now a banner task for you:

Two banners, one saying Pokémon Day, one saying Pokémon Night. On Day banner, animates Black/White Solrock on Right, on Night banner, animated Black/White Lunatone on left.
    Now this is where it gets tricky...(kinda)
    I want the two banners to be made up of one image, yet still be seperate. So make some pokemonesque landscape twice the length of a banner and cut it in half, one half on one banner, one half on the other banner. Finally, could the Day banner look like it is dawn time in the background, while the Night banner looks like night time?
    And finally, make the size of each banner the same length as the userbar you made, but twice as tall?
    If you can do all this, then thanks massively =D

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Name: Imrathon
    Skill(s): Graphics (from spriting to userbars and much much more), Text Editing
    Main role(s):Graphics Design and making,spriting
    Secondary role(s):Text Editing
    Past experience:I know my way around hacks and graphics.
    Contact Information:Email:[email protected]
    Time Zone:GMT Standard
    Other: Nothing

Years
  • Imrathon, for the graphics thing, I've made you our offiacial TitleEditor, who creates the Title Screen for the hacks. =D Unfortunately, we need some more stuff first. D= You are also a Spriter.
    You also have secondary role of TextEditor, unfortunately we can't really edit text or anything until we actually have some stuff down in game sorry.

EDIT: I have sat thinking about it for a while, and then remembered, we need a MusicEditor! Added it into the roles now.
    Also, we really need a tiler, can anyone try to find someone who can tile and who would join?

Last edited:

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
  • Hi guys I had some Fakemon ideas and liked them so much I drew a few of them :D
    If any spriter in the team want to, sprite a fakemon out of the drawing, OK?
    Spoiler:

I'll be coming back with more in a few... hour/days!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Right guys, I have now created a DeviantArt group for us!
    Just search for 'Team-Astra' in groups.
    If you want, when we get some more stuff made, we can put images up on it!
    If you ask to join, ask to be a contributor, and PM me your dA name here on PokeCommunity. Thay way, I can kee track and not have random dA members asking for high positions. =D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Application Form

Name: refep
    Skill(s): PokeDex Info Editor, Sprite Inserter, Mapper
    Main role(s): PokeDex Info Editor, Sprite Inserter
    Secondary role(s): Mapper, Tester, Spriter
    Past experience: Messed around in roms before.
    Contact Information: [email protected] or PM's
    Time Zone: GMT+5
    Other: Here's some proof of what I can do:

As a sprite Inserter:

mesahacke.png

As a PokedexInfoEditor:
    mesasad.png

and as a mapper:

mymapr.png

Some Fakemon I made:

wowmabye.png

and

wowmabye2org.png

Please PM me if you're interested! :-)

Last edited:
    Years
  • refep, you have been added into the Team, welcome aboard!
    Your main role is PokedexInfoEditor. The SpriteInserter is not a role, and can be done by most spriters, sorry.
    Your secondary role is Mapper and Tester. Unfortuantely your sprites are not quite to the standard needed. Once again, I am sorry.
    Anyways, glad to have you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    refep, you have been added into the Team, welcome aboard!
    Your main role is PokedexInfoEditor. The SpriteInserter is not a role, and can be done by most spriters, sorry.
    Your secondary role is Mapper and Tester. Unfortuantely your sprites are not quite to the standard needed. Once again, I am sorry.
    Anyways, glad to have you!
    Thanks. Just tell me what I have have to do, when I have to. I look at my email 2-3 times a day.

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
  • If you want to be a spriter:
    1. Make sure the pixels don't mash up.
    2. Shading and Outline Shading
    3. NEVER use Paint's colors. Make your own color.
    4. Pokemon face at your Pokemon. Not at it's HP bar or the trainer.

Overall, your Fakemon needs improvement.
    If those were your first, then it's OK.
    Remember, practice!

Years
  • What mineox100 said, practice! If you get good enough, we can make you a spriter!
    As for what to do. Nothing at the moment, we really need a tiler before we can make most of our maps. Parts of maps can be made, but not the entire thing.
    The main map I want finished first is being done by Outkin atm, but again, we need custom tiles to actually finish it off. :/

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • What are we going to do about gym leaders? I could start sprites for them... I was thinking that the types would be along these lines, dont have to be in this order either.

Bug
    Ice
    Flying
    Fire
    Ground
    Dark
    Poison
    Grass

Elite Four:
    Water
    Steel
    Psychic