Female
Seen January 29th, 2017
Posted January 4th, 2014
3 posts
6.6 Years
You don't mess with the palette IDs at all. Open your rom, go to whatever pokemon you want to change... I went to charmeleon which has palette ID 0 and is completely orange and red colors. I went to this site to get my squirtle image. I opened this image in paint: and I pasted it below itself to give the correct size orientation of 32x64. Here is what my image looked like (I made pink the transparency color and auto-transparency in the program picks up on it):
From here just click import image (Ctrl + I) and insert it. Make sure the file extension of the image is .PNG also... you might have .BMP which could mess up the colors. Anyways, when inserted just click write to ROM and GG you're good to go.
Yeah, I think I understand what you're doing here and I've tried it with a Squirtle too and it has worked. (So I'm guessing I'm doing it correctly.) However, my problem starts when I want to replace a Pokemon's icon with a custom one (with a palette that I think doesn't exist in the actual game) and I'm wondering if it's possible to still insert it with it retaining its original colors. I hope I'm making sense. But thank you for that explanation, it has helped a lot.