• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite mother?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • Hi guys, Mawa again with a random question

In the games, which mother do you prefer?
    I do like the Mom from sgild, silver, crystal. Maybe because she calls you all the time and save you money? I feel like she's the mother we have the best relaiton with? *looking at you, RSE's Mom who put us with the boxes*

Years
  • I prefer Johanna from DPP.

She is the only mother in the games to have a life outside of her house.

She participates in contests and is seen there with her friend (something only she has) during DPP's story.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Most of the Mothers have little to no impact on the game and after I leave the starting town, I rarely seen them again. So my favourite is probably the Mum with the most backstory, which is Johanna, who actually seems to leave her home.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Same I like Johanna as well! She was actually interesting to interact with ahhah. Still, it's a bit sad that she's basically the only Mom character who does anything in the entire game, and I'm definitely hoping that in future generations they'll have a bit more relevance to the actual story. Like, not necessarily being a major character, but just showing up once or twice and having some discernible backstory, as with Johanna, would go a long way.

Also the XY mom is kinda cool as well! I don't remember her name and I'm pretty sure she's also useless like all the rest, but if I recall correctly she's an ex-Rhyhorn racer? That's pretty neat ngl.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Another Johanna fan over here! I personally feel like she has more personality than the other moms imo, she's not just another vanilla mom who lets you grab your running shoes and shoos you away. I like how she has a background in contests, it's pretty cool. (go Johanna! You're a cool mom!)

On another note, I have to agree to the mom in HGSS. I like the system of your mom saving your money, makes me feel like I'm supporting her in a way haha. Also, if you're ever broke, you realize you have a whole ton of money somewhere else! Plus, I like all the items she sends you, I may never use them but hey, I'm a sucker for junk in my trainer bag.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The mother from DPPT (Johanna) is my favourite. Not only does she actually have some cameos outside the hometown, but she also was my favourite from the anime. Out of all them she stands out the most.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • So this is a Johanna fan club, huh

They should put more story to the mother. I do feel like the mom from SUn and Moon have some personality too, more than some others.

pkmin3033

Well, they're all pretty irresponsible...

The only one who has ever really stood out to me is the one in GSC/HGSS though, since she saved your money and bought you random items, including decorations. I ran out of money in Silver when I first played it, so that reserve was a nice surprise since I'd forgotten all about it.

Sirfetch’d

The mom from HGSS is my favorite as well I think for the reason of saving your money/buying you items. A lot of the moms are quite boring and don't really interact with you after the first 10 minutes of the game.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • The mom from HGSS is my favorite as well I think for the reason of saving your money/buying you items. A lot of the moms are quite boring and don't really interact with you after the first 10 minutes of the game.
    She buys you stuff? I must have missed that, unless you just mean the Pokégear at the beginning. That's pretty cool!

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I liked that GSE mother calls sometimes. Its always a bit funny when the mother says to her 10yr old 'here are your shoes, bye now'.

Back