• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Life Long Lurker

Years
Been playing pokemon most of my life. Was always just something ive enjoyed alone. Just now reaching out to the community and forums For help with completing the dex and stuff like that. I've always wanted to breed and make teams for online battling so i think i'll try do that after completing shining pearl. I have a 4 year old daughter who is super into pokemon and has been for 2 years now, i help her out playing the game since she cant read yet hahah. She chose piplup as her first ever starter. Anyways nice to meet you all and look forward to helpiing anybody out.

Years
Hello & Welcome Haysen!

Getting your kid addicted into Pokemon nice and early huh 👍
Always wished my parents were more into games, but they don't get it at all lol

It's a bit of a shame that completing your dex more or less requires you to seek outside help imo. Random strangers ingame / the GTS can't be trusted with trade evolutions that require items sadly.
Luckily as long as your clear in you request, you can reliably set up trades on here in the Trade Corner here, which you seem to already have found =D

Good luck completing your dex and making your competitive teams!

She chose piplup as her first ever starter.

I see your daughter has impeccable taste 👍 =p

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes, good, convert the child. Then when she is of age, bring her to us. PC sustains itself on the tender lifeblood of youth. ψ( ` ∇ ´ )ψ

Kidding, obviously! I think we have more parents than their children on this site sometimes lol. But it's fun when your kids get into the same fandoms you're in. And Pokémon is such a wholesome message for children! So welcome to PC, Haysen! If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to reach out! ◟(๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞

DrWho42

ka kaw
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
hi there! thanks for sharing your story :) what might your favourite pokemon be if you had to choose?

.hack

skunkape
Years
Welcome to PC! I'm gonna try and get my lil bro into playing Pokemon soon too, he's a similar age and also not reading yet! I feel like it must be good for learning tho, I was about that age when I first started playing Pokemon Silver too! haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Been playing pokemon most of my life. Was always just something ive enjoyed alone. Just now reaching out to the community and forums For help with completing the dex and stuff like that. I've always wanted to breed and make teams for online battling so i think i'll try do that after completing shining pearl. I have a 4 year old daughter who is super into pokemon and has been for 2 years now, i help her out playing the game since she cant read yet hahah. She chose piplup as her first ever starter. Anyways nice to meet you all and look forward to helpiing anybody out.
Hii welcome to PC! Piplup is a nice first choice ^^

I've always played pokémon alone and just used the community as a place to discuss and nerd out about it in, not necessarily for collaborative play or trades. Everyone participates in the franchise on their own terms :3 Which is making it great! Hope to see you around, and that your daughter keeps loving pokémon :D

Back