• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Years
Pokemon Ultra Moon Update 6
Poni Island

Spoiler:

Team
hypno.gif

NapNap The Hypno @ Quick Claw
Level 51/Hardy/Insomnia/Female
Zen Headbutt
Brick Break
Hidden Power (Water)
Toxic

dewgong.gif

Grace The Dewgong @ Choice Specs
Level 53/Bashful/Thick Fat/Female
Brine
Aurora Beam
Hidden Power (Grass)
Aqua Jet

comfey.gif

Lei The Comfey @ Miracle Seed
Level 52/Hardy/Flower Veil/Female
Petal Dance
Play Rough
Floral Healing
U-Turn

clefable.gif

Starboy the Clefable @ Expert Belt
Level 50/Docile/Magic Guard/Male
Psychic
Toxic
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

minior-violet.gif

Slurpee the Minior @ N/A
Level 51/Adamant/Shields Up/Genderless
Rock Slide
Bulldoze
Acrobatics
Stealth Rock

dhelmise.gif

Whydah the Dhelmise @ Amulet Coin
Level 51/Naughty/Steelworker/Genderless
Anchor Shot
Energy Ball
Shadow Claw
Toxic

Pokemon Ultra Moon Update 7
The Finale

Spoiler:

Team REVIEW
hypno.gif

NapNap The Hypno @ Quick Claw
Level 55/Hardy/Insomnia/Female
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Nasty Plot
Thoughts: Was part of the reason early trials were such an issue, as it struggled defensively. However made up for this, wiping the floor with Hau and being the MVP in the hardest fight of the game for me against Molayne. The change from midpowered physical attacker to Special Set Up Sweeper helped it massively.

dewgong.gif

Grace The Dewgong @ Choice Specs
Level 55/Bashful/Thick Fat/Female
Brine
Ice Beam
Signal Beam
Aqua Jet
Thoughts: One of the most reliable team members I had. Was consistent, evolved at the right time, had a few big moments, but was also a good team player. If only it learned a better water move than Brine on the special side. Would still recommend the most out of this team.

comfey.gif

Lei The Comfey @ Miracle Seed
Level 54/Hardy/Flower Veil/Female
Petal Dance
Dazzling Gleam
Floral Healing
U-Turn
Thoughts: Did will in the mid game section, started to show it short comings during the last 2/3 trials, was next to useless in the league. Sadly its a Pokémon built for double battles in game that does not have too many.

clefable.gif

Starboy the Clefable @ Expert Belt
Level 56/Docile/Magic Guard/Male
Dazzling Gleam
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
Thoughts: A decent Elite 4 run does not absolve the fact this pokemon struggled throughout the game. I will partially take the blame as its my fault it did not learn Moonblast naturally. However it struggled as a Clefairy. If you can afford to have a pokemon just leeching EXP from the rest of your team for a prolonged period of time, you will fair better than I did.

minior-violet.gif

Slurpee the Minior @ N/A
Level 55/Adamant/Shields Up/Genderless
Rock Slide
Bulldoze
Acrobatics
Stealth Rock
Thoughts: I honestly thought this was going to be a stupid gimmick mon, and it is not. Good Moveset, I honestly do not understand how you can run it with only 4 moves, as I passed up on Shell Smash for coverage and entry hazards. Negatives: the speed not being the same for both forms. I understand the why, however it is annoying when you would get the KO if you went first and the bulk does not quite make up the difference. Also Earthquake is a post game TM and would of been helpful, as Bulldoze does not cut it after a point.

dhelmise.gif

Whydah the Dhelmise @ Muscle Band
Level 54/Naughty/Steelworker/Genderless
Anchor Shot
Energy Ball
Phantom Force
Toxic
Thoughts: The most disappointing to me as I have wanted to use Dhelmise for a while. But too many weaknesses, not enough special bulk to take a hit, and lack of Physical STAB hurts it. Also available far too late in game, especially when better options have come and gone.

Last edited:
Years
Time for the next sign up in the ultimate.

Forum Username: Kimborelli
Game Version: Omega Ruby
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No
Restrictions: Can I please not have Dewgong, Hypno, Clefable, Vaporeon, Kabutops, Weezing, Nidoking, Ninetails, and no more than 2 of one type

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Time for the next sign up in the ultimate.

Forum Username: Kimborelli
Game Version: Omega Ruby
Exclude NFEs: Yes
Restrictions: Can I please not have Dewgong, Hypno, Clefable, Vaporeon, Kabutops, Weezing, Nidoking, Ninetails, and no more than 2 of one type

Kecleon
kecleon.gif

Sceptile
sceptile.gif

Salamence
salamence.gif

Armaldo
armaldo.gif

Grumpig
grumpig.gif

Wailord
If you wanna switch any lemme know

I think I may do a post later on when im able

Years
Kecleon
kecleon.gif

Sceptile
sceptile.gif

Salamence
salamence.gif

Armaldo
armaldo.gif

Grumpig
grumpig.gif

Wailord
wailord.gif

If you wanna switch any lemme know

I think I may do a post later on when im able

I can't believe I'm doing this , but can you reroll Mence ? He's not obtainable until postgame (or too late to have any fun with if they have changed it slightly).

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
I can't believe I'm doing this , but can you reroll Mence ? He's not obtainable until postgame (or too late to have any fun with if they have changed it slightly).

Yep yep! all good
sableye.gif

Sableye for your reroll

And since I have the time, ill be putting my first Platinum post since im like...5 gyms in

Platinum Update #1

Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I wanna try! ^_^
Forum Username: EmTheGhost
Game Version: Let's Go Eevee
Exclude NFEs: No
Restrictions: No Pikachu version-exclusives or trade evolved mons, I cannot get them. (To clarify, I mean already evolved trade evolving mons - so, giving me a Kadabra is fine, but an Alakazam is not. Basically just keep in mind that I can't hack/trade.) No Onix, Doduo, Voltorb or Porygon, please.

Last edited:
Years
I wanna try! ^_^
Forum Username: EmTheGhost
Game Version: Let's Go Eevee
Exclude NFEs: No
Restrictions: No Pikachu version-exclusives or trade evolved mons, I cannot get them. (To clarify, I mean already evolved trade evolving mons - so, giving me a Kadabra is fine, but an Alakazam is not. Basically just keep in mind that I can't hack/trade.) No Onix, Doduo, Voltorb or Porygon, please.
Here you go. Hope it's okay:
arbok.gif
electabuzz.gif
nidoqueen.gif
rapidash.gif
golduck.gif
tauros.gif

Last edited:
Years
Kimbo's Ultimate Random Pokemon Challenge
Game 3: Omega Ruby Part 1

Spoiler:

TEAM
grovyle.gif

Drax the Grovyle @Miracle Seed
Level 19/Hardy/Male/Overgrow
Mega Drain /Pursuit/Quick Attack/Fury Attack

Last edited:

tommyeatsdonuts

Proffesional Donut Eater
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Forum Username: tommyeatsdonuts
Game Version: Platinum
Exclude NFEs: No NFE
National Dex: NO national Dex
Restrictions: Cannot Trade Evolve.

Thank ya kindly

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Can I ask a question about this challenge?...Seeing as I'm playing Let's Go, is it okay to catch Pokemon other than my randomized team for EXP (so long as I send them to the Professor without using them)? Or am I obliged to get all my EXP from trainers?

Last edited:
Years
Can I ask a question about this challenge?...Seeing as I'm playing Let's Go, is it okay to catch Pokemon other than my randomized team for EXP (so long as I send them to the Professor without using them)? Or am I obliged to get all my EXP from trainers?

Catching is grinding so its allowed :) Just don't use no other Pokémon in your battles.

tommyeatsdonuts

Proffesional Donut Eater
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Update #1

Team
Spoiler:

Plot
Spoiler:

tommyeatsdonuts

Proffesional Donut Eater
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Update #2

Team
Spoiler:

Plot
Spoiler:

Years
Forum Username: Leo Van Pyroar
Game version: Omega Ruby
Exclude NFEs: yes
National Dex: no
Restrictions: no trade evolutions, all of them must be available before the elite 4, no more than 2 of a type.

Back