• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Final Fantasy: Heroes of the Crystals

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
  • 5.3 was everything I could've hoped for and more. Shadowbringers was already my favourite FF content in general, and this just made it even better. I can't say much without spoilers, but man. The LORE.

Oh yeah, and Nier raid part 2 was awesome, I'm super hyped for part 3.

And regarding flying, yeah part of 5.3 was adding flight to most if not all the default ARR zones, which is amazing.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • hi :]
    Username: Fafrir
    Job: Paladin
    Element Affinity: Wind
    Favourite Character: Chocobo Auron
    Favourite Series Entry: Unsure

I've recently started playing FF14 and it's quite enjoyable so far! I've picked Au Ra thanks to the free trail going to Heavensward and Marauder. It definitely is a huge learning curve because tank can be overwhelming but it's a playstyle I like the most. I know one day I will become a lot more comfortable with the controls.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • hi :]
    Username: Fafrir
    Job: Paladin
    Element Affinity: Wind
    Favourite Character: Chocobo Auron
    Favourite Series Entry: Unsure

I've recently started playing FF14 and it's quite enjoyable so far! I've picked Au Ra thanks to the free trail going to Heavensward and Marauder. It definitely is a huge learning curve because tank can be overwhelming but it's a playstyle I like the most. I know one day I will become a lot more comfortable with the controls.

Welcome to the club! The free trial is super good stuff and I was able to convince a few friends to at least install the game only the Matron knows when they'll actually start playing it though.

As for tank, you're right about the learning curve; it's the hardest role to play as far as I'm aware! But the knowledge you get from it is invaluable, and it could really help you in your transition to other roles. I honestly was a much worse healer (drawing aggro, focusing on healing over DPSing at suboptimal times) until a friend who plays tank explained how raids are meant to go and whatnot. But the upside is that you'll have really, really short queue times, so if you enjoy the playstyle you absolutely cannot go wrong with it. Good luck!

faf

Years
  • Welcome to the club! The free trial is super good stuff and I was able to convince a few friends to at least install the game only the Matron knows when they'll actually start playing it though.

As for tank, you're right about the learning curve; it's the hardest role to play as far as I'm aware! But the knowledge you get from it is invaluable, and it could really help you in your transition to other roles. I honestly was a much worse healer (drawing aggro, focusing on healing over DPSing at suboptimal times) until a friend who plays tank explained how raids are meant to go and whatnot. But the upside is that you'll have really, really short queue times, so if you enjoy the playstyle you absolutely cannot go wrong with it. Good luck!
    (Late reply, my apologizes)
    After diving more into Tank, I feel it's the only role that is the most interesting to me and, this may still be early to judge since I'm close to finishing ARR, I'm unsure what other roles I want to play outside of Tank (I did try a bit of Arcanist though, wanted to try Scholar but might get back to it). I am definitely enjoying it so far and I too had a derp moment; in one dungeon I accidentally killed off the Healer and a DPS because I was unaware of certain mechanics. :P It's awesome to see how helpful and understanding the experienced players are with newcomers though! And yeah, short queue times are a fantastic bonus, same goes for Healers!

Oh yeah, FF16 trailer just dropped and it looks promising, especially seeing Yoshi-P at the helm.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Not a worry! I'll be finishing ARR sometime today as well, and I can't think of jumping off WHM yet either. Scholar is a pretty tricky starting healer class, only because it focuses more on reading the enemy and shielding at the right time to avoid damage rather than just twirling your staff until someone needs healing, but in those 8-man teams and whatnot, your partner healer will really love you <3

And yes, FF16 trailer! It appears way more gruesome and darker than previous entries, but I guess it's a welcome addition in that they're not hiding you're going to fight GodTM in a JRPG once again. It's going to be good seeing how they'll make use of the extra power that the PS5 will give the game!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Double reposti, but some more Final Fantasy XVI news; it appears that an email went out to SE subscribers, which confirmed that the game has a (provisional) PEGI 18 rating! This is not thaaaat much of a surprise considering the amount of gore in the trailer, but do you think this is a big change for the franchise? Is this a good thing or a bad thing for the series going forward?

One immediate argument I could think of is that the higher rating does pose as a boundary for newcomers as the series moves forward; the generations that would've grown up with fond FF7-like memories would become pretty much nonexistent, but maybe it's about time the franchise took that step forward to prevent it becoming stagnant and uninspiring?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I came across the tag #FFXIVSelfie on Twitter a few days ago, and after a quick investigation I found out that people post selfies of themselves and their WoL on the 14th of every month as a tradition sort of thing.

Have any folks here participated in #FFXIVSelfie? Should we do our own one on PC?! Heck just sharing the latest and greatest adventures of our WoLs would be awesome.

faf

Years
  • I have heard of it but I'm not sure if I'm overly comfortable with sharing my IRL picture out in the open (although I've did it in the past) but I can definitely show my WoL:
    Spoiler: here be Mrs. Noblus, do bear in mind there are some location spoilers
    2021-03-12_00-30-06-145_WitchsMoonForGameplay.png

2021-02-23_23-03-10-176_WitchsMoonForGameplay.png

2021-03-17_02-01-21-995_WitchsMoonForGameplay.png

I would be down with sharing our WoLs' adventures for sure! Some notable things are getting married in game and getting caught up in story.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • By far one of the more unique Au'ras I've seen, Mrs. Noblus be setting the standard high right off the bat! Thank you for sharing!!! 😁

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Been meaning to post this for a bit but wowee been so busy with work and stuff. I recently got this healer Body piece and holy I love it so much! The saddest part is that the dye doesn't work on the green felt-thingy; so close to getting an outfit look like a FFXIV version of Claude q.q

Spoiler:

faf

Years
  • Ooh nice a Viera! She looks quite striking for sure! now they just need hats!

That's kind of my slight gripe with dying glams in this game that some pieces either turn out lighter or darker than the dye itself (i.e. the ghost maiming hands from Sirensong are still dark even with the Corpse Blue Dye applied). Oh well, I'm still proud of myself I got the full DRG set there.

I'm glad you love Mrs. Noblus btw! I have updated some of the glam so I'll have to post some!

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • It's an absolute crime how many head pieces aren't compatible with Viera, or even just a few unique pieces specifically for them to close the gap (like imagine all the stuff you could do with the ears!).

Feel free to post whenever you like! FFXIV OCs are like packages of dopamine I can inject straight into my brain, so you'll have one fan on here at least.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Username: .hack
    Job: Dark Knight
    Element Affinity: Ice
    Favourite Character: Cloud Strife (lol)
    Favourite Series Entry: 7 (shocking I know :P)

I also love XV & Noctis.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • thank you, glad to be here! Love the aerith pic on the first post lol.

Are we excited for 16? I certainly am but not quite as much as I was for XV, XV I preordered but XVI I think I'll wait for the discounted complete edition lol. I was so heartbroken when they cancelled the additional XV DLCs.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • OF COURSE! It's being directed by the one and only Yoshi-P, and he's already proven to have a knack for putting actual fun and enjoyment first. Admittedly I haven't been too impressed by the last few entries (not counting XIV of course!). Heck replaying XII now I think it's more the nostalgia than anything that's making the game enjoyable for me, so fingers crossed Square Enix can bring back some of the magic that made he earlier titles a little more enjoyable than the latter ones.

XVI will be exciting to see!

Back