• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team of pokemans

Years
Sunny Day Team

(Lead)
Bastidon @ heat rock
[252def/252sp.def/6hp]
-block
-heavy slam
-toxic
-sunny day

(General offense)
Flareon @ life orb
[252atk/252sp.def/6spd]
-fire fang
-roar
-giga impact
-flame charge

(Sp.atk Sweeper)
Hydreigon @ choice scarf
[252sp.atk/252spd/6hp]
-flamethrower
-dragon pulse
-hyper voice
-flash cannon

(Status Effecter)
Whimsicott @ focus sash
[252hp/252spd/6sp.atk]
-protect
-solar beam
-grass whistle
-dream eater

(Sp.atk Sweep)
Roserade @ choice specs
[252sp.atk/252spd/6sp.def]
-solarbeam
-Gigadrain
-petal dance
-sludge bomb

(Wall)
Shuckle @ leftovers
[252hp/252def/6sp.def]
-gyro ball
-rest
-sunny day
-toxic

should I change any of the movesets? and is there a good balance of offensive and defensive pokes? thanks everyone who helps me with this team :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Good team... Not many faults, nicely made! I'd recommend removing sunny day from Bastiodon and giving it either a healing move or defense increasing move as you already have many sunny day pokemon and Bastiodon doesn't have much chance against a very common fighting move or ground move being used more than once... Flareon shouldn't really have two fire moves - it currently has pretty bad type coverage so dig is probably the only other move worth replacing one of them with - watch out for earthquakers though! Hydreigon scares me... Too powerful! Haha. I'm not sure why Whimsicott has protect, so it could be worth replacing that with another damaging move for some type coverage unless you have a plan for this - Sunny Day could be a helpful move for it incase the opponent is asleep and the current weather changes! Roserade's good but shouldn't have 3 grass moves - petal dance should ideally be replaced with either Synthesis or Ingrain and Gigadrain could be substituted for a better type coverage move like shadow ball incase it's a against a psychic type. Shuckle's good, you're gonna end up annoying some people with that! Trick Room, Power Swap and Rollout could also be a good combination if you're looking to change things up a bit and get another attacker, but your's works well too as a wall.

Years
First of all, I think you should add the EV's so me and of course other people can rate this :P

I personally think Flareon is the worst Eevolution of all of them. If you're looking for a "general offensive" Mon (which I don't think is a good "choice"), try Vaporeon, even though it's defensive.

- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass / Shadow Ball
Item- Choice Specs
Ability- Water Absorb
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk ----- or ---- 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) / Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

I don't think Bastiodon is a good mon either let's replace that with something else. Though I'm too lazy right now, so I'm posting later.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd agree with Phinamthi on the Flareon issue - it really isn't a very good Eevelution. I'd say Espeon's the best though. It's a great sweeper with good moves and immense special attack + speed. If you gave it:

- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power (fighting) [or if you can't get that, Grass Knot]
- Double Team/Calm Mind
Item- Wise Glasses
Ability- Magic Bounce (If you can't get a dream world Eevee, go for Synchronize)
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)

However, Bastiodon can still work well depending on your style so don't give up on it if you don't want to! :) Giving it spikes/stealth rock (if it can learn...?) and using it to set up the rest of your team would be a great idea.

Years
First of all, I think you should add the EV's so me and of course other people can rate this :P

I personally think Flareon is the worst Eevolution of all of them. If you're looking for a "general offensive" Mon (which I don't think is a good "choice"), try Vaporeon, even though it's defensive.

- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass / Shadow Ball
Item- Choice Specs
Ability- Water Absorb
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk ----- or ---- 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) / Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

I don't think Bastiodon is a good mon either let's replace that with something else. Though I'm too lazy right now, so I'm posting later.

Spoiler:

Yeah I was thinking about replacing flareon. Instead of using vaporeon or espeon I was thinking about using Magmortar. That could help my team. And I'm just using Bastiodon as like a lead. He doesn't do much damage he just helps stall and let me figure out my opponents team so I can anticipate better. So I could change it but I haven't found a good replacement yet.

Years
Yeah, Espeon is the best. I just thought he needed something to cover the ground type weakness :P
Ok. You can do the above post for Bastiodon or do this...

Scizor
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost / Bug Bite
- Roost / Brick Break
Item- Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd ----- or ----- 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Also, I'd rather have Power Split instead of Sunny Day on Shuckle imo

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I had a look and Bastiodon can't actually learn any Stealth Rock moves... Iron Defence could be useful though to really ensure that you've got long enough to prepare.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Bastiodon has a terrible defensive typing, despite the set of resistances it offers.

If you're using this on Pokemon Online, use Drought Ninetales:
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Hidden Power (Fighting/Ground)/Hypnosis
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Drought

If you're using Wi-Fi, assuming you can't access the Dream World, use Crobat:
-Sunny Day
-U-turn
-Roost
-Brave Bird
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Heat Rock

Flareon is outright terrible; use the Espeon set that AlexOzzyCake suggested, except make it Timid and scrap Double Team.

Hydreigon might be best as a Choice Scarfer for revenge killing duties:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-U-turn
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf

Whimsicott seems out of place here due to its Fire weakness being amplified in the sun, but it can set up Sunny Day again should it go away:
-Sunny Day
-U-turn/Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Taunt/Stun Spore
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster

Never ever use Petal Dance on Roserade. Replace that with Weather Ball, since it benefits from the sun.

Heatran is a better wall than Shuckle due to a better defensive typing:
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
-Protect
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Item: Leftovers

Years
Bastiodon has a terrible defensive typing, despite the set of resistances it offers.

If you're using this on Pokemon Online, use Drought Ninetales:
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Hidden Power (Fighting/Ground)/Hypnosis
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Ability: Drought

If you're using Wi-Fi, assuming you can't access the Dream World, use Crobat:
-Sunny Day
-U-turn
-Roost
-Brave Bird
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Heat Rock

Flareon is outright terrible; use the Espeon set that AlexOzzyCake suggested, except make it Timid and scrap Double Team.

Hydreigon might be best as a Choice Scarfer for revenge killing duties:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-U-turn
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf

Whimsicott seems out of place here due to its Fire weakness being amplified in the sun, but it can set up Sunny Day again should it go away:
-Sunny Day
-U-turn/Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Taunt/Stun Spore
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster

Never ever use Petal Dance on Roserade. Replace that with Weather Ball, since it benefits from the sun.

Heatran is a better wall than Shuckle due to a better defensive typing:
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
-Protect
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Item: Leftovers
I was actually thinking about switching flareon with sceptile.

Sceptile @ life orb
[sp.atk/spd/sp.def]
Modest nature
-hidden power
-solarbeam
-focus blast
-leaf storm

would that be good?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sceptile sounds good but doesn't need both solar beam and leaf storm - I'd only choose one to keep if I were you. What type of hidden power were you thinking? Focus blast is very inaccurate; a more reliable move could be a good idea... Honestly I don't know which moves would be better though - it can't actually learn that many good special moves. :/ Sunny Day and a status/stat move could be good I guess?

Years
Sceptile sounds good but doesn't need both solar beam and leaf storm - I'd only choose one to keep if I were you. What type of hidden power were you thinking? Focus blast is very inaccurate; a more reliable move could be a good idea... Honestly I don't know which moves would be better though - it can't actually learn that many good special moves. :/ Sunny Day and a status/stat move could be good I guess?

I was hoping for dragon or ice or psychic for hidden power. Idk i'll see what I can get.

I could breed it to get dragonbreath also. That'd be a good move.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I was hoping for dragon or ice or psychic for hidden power. Idk i'll see what I can get.

I could breed it to get dragonbreath also. That'd be a good move.

Sceptile is out of place in a Sunny Day team because it doesn't have Chlorophyll. Don't use it in there. You're best off with Tangrowth, due to it having Chlorophyll and a wide offensive movepool:
-Power Whip
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Earthquake/Rock Slide
-Growth/Sleep Powder
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Chlorophyll

Years
Sceptile is out of place in a Sunny Day team because it doesn't have Chlorophyll. Don't use it in there. You're best off with Tangrowth, due to it having Chlorophyll and a wide offensive movepool:
-Power Whip
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Earthquake/Rock Slide
-Growth/Sleep Powder
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe

I was also thinking about Sawsbuck. He has decent atk but with a life orb he'd be pretty good. He also has chlorophyll.

Sawsbuck @ life orb
[252atk/252sp.def/6hp]
adamant nature
-megahorn
-wild charge
-horn leech
-giga impact
Maybe that could work?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I was also thinking about Sawsbuck. He has decent atk but with a life orb he'd be pretty good. He also has chlorophyll.

Sawsbuck @ life orb
[252atk/252sp.def/6hp]
adamant nature
-megahorn
-wild charge
-horn leech
-giga impact
Maybe that could work?

Never ever use Giga Impact or Hyper Beam on anything ever because the attack leaves you a sitting duck on the next turn. Also, since Drought Vulpix is banned in UU, it could have a chance in OU (since you can use Chlorophyll with Ninetales there), but Lucario and Conkeldurr have to be dealt with first. I'll let someone else find suggestions on what Pokemon to use to deal with them. For now, use this:
-Swords Dance
-Return/Double Edge
-Horn Leech
-Nature Power/Jump Kick
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

I suggest you test both Tangrowth and Sawsbuck out before you decide between one or both of them.

Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
As for what Platinum said, I do believe that to deal with Conkeldurr, you could ditch Roost on a Scizor set and run Wing Attack instead. It gets Technician boosted to 90 BP and has enough PP to keep being used endlessly. As far as Lucario? The standard Brick Break/Superpower.

Anyway, I'd go with Tangrowth over Sawsbuck, simply because his benefit from Leaf Guard while you have Sunny Day in effect is absolutely substantial. Even if not, Chlorophyll will give you at least a small dosage of speed.

Tangrowth
Ability: Leaf Guard
@Leftovers
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Protect
Toxic
EVs: Max HP, and split the Defenses

Obviously, this set is purely for the purpose of stalling the foe to hell and back. Not much to comment about it for, as it's obvious how it should be played.
Hope this helps some.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As for what Platinum said, I do believe that to deal with Conkeldurr, you could ditch Roost on a Scizor set and run Wing Attack instead. It gets Technician boosted to 90 BP and has enough PP to keep being used endlessly. As far as Lucario? The standard Brick Break/Superpower.

Anyway, I'd go with Tangrowth over Sawsbuck, simply because his benefit from Leaf Guard while you have Sunny Day in effect is absolutely substantial. Even if not, Chlorophyll will give you at least a small dosage of speed.

Tangrowth
Ability: Leaf Guard
@Leftovers
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Protect
Toxic
EVs: Max HP, and split the Defenses

Obviously, this set is purely for the purpose of stalling the foe to hell and back. Not much to comment about it for, as it's obvious how it should be played.
Hope this helps some.

Nah, Scizor is very rarely seen with Aerial Ace because of its rather lackluster coverage. Also, I can see Chandelure work somewhere on the team due to its immunity to Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave:
-Overheat/Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Nature: Modest
EVs: 72 HP/252 SAtk/184 Spe
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
Years
Wow. What the heck are you thinking with that Whimsicott?

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Prankster
Bold/Impish
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
~Encore
~Leech Seed
~Substitute/U-Turn
~Stun Spore/Taunt

Also, could you please tell me what [sp.atk/sp.def/speed] means? Are those supposed to be EVs? If so, could you give the numbers too?

Years
Wow. What the heck are you thinking with that Whimsicott?

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Prankster
Bold/Impish
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
~Encore
~Leech Seed
~Substitute/U-Turn
~Stun Spore/Taunt

Also, could you please tell me what [sp.atk/sp.def/speed] means? Are those supposed to be EVs? If so, could you give the numbers too?
Yeah I had no clue what to do with whimsicott. haha
The brackets mean the first two listed have 252 evs and the last one has 6.

Back