• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
This web is from fr/lg, but I had to animate it for the game obviously. I had my first attempt at creating a gif and here it is...

resdd7b33e72b8752adce349c0c039f29bc12323955591.gif

NOTE: The actual animation has 4x more frames than that and also runs totally smoothly! I just couldnt take a screenshot of every animation frame!!

MANKEY is burned, oh no.. it's not, it's almost dead, oh no.. not that either.. LOL
Nice and I mean real nice animation!
It looks totally pokémon!
Although you may want to reconsider the place for the BRN thing, because it looks not right in my opinion..
Anyway good luck on the game, and I hope to see something more in the near future!

PoKéMaKeR

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years

MANKEY is burned, oh no.. it's not, it's almost dead, oh no.. not that either.. LOL
Nice and I mean real nice animation!
It looks totally pokémon!
Although you may want to reconsider the place for the BRN thing, because it looks not right in my opinion..
Anyway good luck on the game, and I hope to see something more in the near future!

PoKéMaKeR

Yeah, I had to let Smore use string shot on me three times to get enough frames, but between that he used ember on the mankey and it get burned xD. Also, Ill make new status icons to fit this box ;p.

@hPOKE: Im thinking on making some new moves for my game as you suggested ;p. Actually I already have some ideas for them...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
This might help :P
Spoiler:
It's a script I made (or rather, edited) to take a screenshot every frame. To use it, first copy the script to a new script section above Main, then make a folder in your project folder called Animation.
To record, simply press F6 during gameplay. To stop, press F6 again. The script automatically deletes the contents of the Animation folder every time you start recording a new animation, so it's advised that you create a gif file using the images before recording another one.
It will also make the game go really slowly while you use it; this is to give the game time to save each file before taking another screen. You can disable this by commenting the line "self.frame_rate=10"; however, this may reduce the quality of the animation.
EDIT: By the way, you should make each frame last 0.03 seconds (3 centiseconds) to get the approximate speed of RMXP, if you use this script (0.03 seconds * 40 FPS = 1.2 times slower, which is as close as you're going to get to the exact speed of RMXP).

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
This might help :P
Spoiler:
It's a script I made (or rather, edited) to take a screenshot every frame. To use it, first copy the script to a new script section above Main, then make a folder in your project folder called Animation.
To record, simply press F6 during gameplay. To stop, press F6 again. The script automatically deletes the contents of the Animation folder every time you start recording a new animation, so it's advised that you create a gif file using the images before recording another one.
It will also make the game go really slowly while you use it; this is to give the game time to save each file before taking another screen. You can disable this by commenting the line "self.frame_rate=10"; however, this may reduce the quality of the animation.
EDIT: By the way, you should make each frame last 0.03 seconds (3 centiseconds) to get the approximate speed of RMXP, if you use this script (0.03 seconds * 40 FPS = 1.2 times slower, which is as close as you're going to get to the exact speed of RMXP).

Haha, cool script :p. It works perfectly, thanks!

Low Kick animation(using Wichu's script):
Spoiler:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I know I'm a bit late, but I agree with Pokemaker that the BRN thing is in the wrong place. You have a lot of space in that box, so why don't you put the icon between the name and the Lv10 thing? I think that might require extending the box some, though. Still, the animations have the correct feel to them, probably because of the fading effect you used on the attacks. It's all very D/P-ish.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
wow. those animations look awesome. if i may ask, how did you make the animations on both sides? like how did you make the web go towards the opponent/player? can't seem to do that. sorry if this interrupts anything :)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I know I'm a bit late, but I agree with Pokemaker that the BRN thing is in the wrong place. You have a lot of space in that box, so why don't you put the icon between the name and the Lv10 thing? I think that might require extending the box some, though. Still, the animations have the correct feel to them, probably because of the fading effect you used on the attacks. It's all very D/P-ish.

Problem already solved ;p. Actually I did exactly what you said, put the icon after the Pokémon name.

yktn9.png

(I may make better icons later)

wow. those animations look awesome. if i may ask, how did you make the animations on both sides? like how did you make the web go towards the opponent/player? can't seem to do that. sorry if this interrupts anything :)

Pokemon essentials show the enemy->player animation as the opposite of the player one ;p.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I know that it looks like im double-posting but i'm not since it has been more than three days since my last post. I wanted to make a update to show you that Pokémon Uranium is getting prettier ;p.

~Night light effects:

Spoiler:

~New Pokémon:

Is it rattata? sentret? zigzagoon? bidoof? No! It's Chyinunk!
Spoiler:

~New move and it's animation:

Spoiler:

Thats all for today, but I will be showing you a lot of cool things these next days! Any constructive comment would be appreciated.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Great new move ~JV~! Can't wait to see all the other features you have. This game has gone a long way and I wish you luck!

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
~Night light effects:
There is no reason to all the twons and even cities to be in total darkness during night. Cool light effects were added to the game, and they only appear during night or when it's needed...

sdmesw.png
I don't know...am I the only one not liking this idea? Towns are -not- in total darkness...go open up Sunyshore at night, and there are plenty of houses with the light in the windows that illuminates the area not any extra but plenty for what we care. Here, well, first, why are there two light posts so close together? Lose one. I'm not gonna lie--it's a different idea, but...the light circles are a little bleh. Look at what they do to the player's hair. Why not just alter the tiles in the vicinity of the light posts and change the player's hair when within that area?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I don't know...am I the only one not liking this idea? Towns are -not- in total darkness...go open up Sunyshore at night, and there are plenty of houses with the light in the windows that illuminates the area not any extra but plenty for what we care. Here, well, first, why are there two light posts so close together? Lose one. I'm not gonna lie--it's a different idea, but...the light circles are a little bleh. Look at what they do to the player's hair. Why not just alter the tiles in the vicinity of the light posts and change the player's hair when within that area?

I understand your opinion, but till I find any better effect, I won't change that. Also, about your opinion about changing the player hair when next to a post wouldn't work because pokemon essentials doesnt support hero charset changes and it would be too much work for suck detail, I mean, creating one charset for each light angle etc.

Anyways, here is an small update, it's about the starters pokémon:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Good choice JV.
That looks 100% better.
Excellent job. Uranium is getting better every day.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
The sprites are of a different style than the professional game, but that doesn't mean they're bad. Some, I'm not a fan of, but your ratatta-clone is actually quite unique in a good way (unlike some of the exaggerated shapes of teh Baro).

Despite what AZ may say, I still like your lighting effect. It reminds me a lot of the time I spent once on a lonely Caribbean island, which is kind of like the environment you were aiming for. I would normally say no like him, except for this reason only: On islands out to sea, such as those far in the West Indies, the night is a really deep and penetrating black. Lights only give out a faint ward in those places, creating kind of a sphere like that.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hmm the topic is getting boring..., so... micro update time!

Yes, its a micro update but cool anyways, I just want to show the new bag screen *-*:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Don't forget the accent over the E BD...

Also, the comma after 'good' should go. The comma only exists when the words are interchangeable. In this case, good modifies 'quality BALL'.
You wouldn't say 'quality, good BALL'...sounds funny.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Well, it seems like you have the graphics down, so I think it's all set. Everything seems to be going nice, and the updates are getting better. This project has improved quite a bit; good job & and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back