• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What is the first pokemon hack that you have played?

Trainer 781

The first hack that I played was Liquid Crystal. It is a wonderful remake of the original crystal game. It has the Gen IV move class split, included extra sidequests and the orange archipelago. My friend suggested me to play this hack and because of this I came to know about hacked Pokemon games and searching for new games, I stumbled across this site. This was my first hack.

So what Pokemon hack did you play first? (You can even mention your next two hacks that you played after the first one if you want to.)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Chaos Black yo! That's where it was at! Lol I didn't know what a hack was but had heard about it so I tried it out... though it was like one city long or whatever the fakemon had me drooling I was like waaaa mewthree?!?!

Spoiler:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Chaos Black yo! That's where it was at! Lol I didn't know what a hack was but had heard about it so I tried it out... though it was like one city long or whatever the fakemon had me drooling I was like waaaa mewthree?!?!

Spoiler:

Played Chaos black on Gameboy Advance SP. I bought one from a mall, I thought it was a original Pokemon game, and I don't know hacks about it back then. But it's like a beta and it's incomplete :(

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I...don't know. I used to play a ♥♥♥♥ load of hacks when I was 11, and I know that among the first that I played was Omega, Heroes (Spanish), Keyra (also spanish) and the Ruby Destiny series. I just remember that hacks were the bomb diggity, and after I got back into Pokemon in sixth grade I kept playing until in 7th grade summer I started hacking :)

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
I'd say my first hack was Pokemon Marble. Not much a hack when it comes to the story( face it, it's the same as Fire Red), but it had fakemon - and my 14 year old mind was consumed by it.

Pokemon%20Marble%20(beta%202)-1-full.png

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
Years
Ruby Destiny: LoG (yeah I'm new to the world of ROM hacking). It was a lot of fun to play and I plan on trying the other games in the trilogy in the near future.

Years
My first hack rom I've played was Shiny Gold: in 2008 I attended mainly one Pokémon forum and by time I was hoping to come out a remake of gold/silver/crystal in FR/LG style, since the 2° generation games (and also anime) was my favourite.
Talking with a member I discovered the possibility to modify Pokémon ROMs and when I found out Shiny Gold I was so happy! :)

Since then It began my experience with ROM hacking.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
I was introduced to Dark Rising first. I still haven't finished it to this day since I'm too lazy to bother.

JollyHaxorus

Dragon Type
Years
My first was BlazeBlack by Drayano. It really made me happy, because Gen 5 games were my favorite. I know it's not a fully re-done game, but the fact that it took my favorite games and made them even better, that made it awesome.

Adventure Red is my first total hack though, and I love it. Can't wait to see the whole series completed.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
I dunno if this was a pokemon game but wth:

I played Pokemon Jade
a bootleg of some sort of game iirc

but the first hack game that marked my addiction was ShinyGold..

AJ24

Squirtle da GOAT starter
Years
Light Platinum, great hack. But i never finished it for some reason, gotta re-download it

Years
The first one I played and finished was Snakewood. But the first one I completed and finished Pokédex was Flora Sky. They're both awesome!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Ash Gray it was, I remember, First ever Hack game that i played, I loved it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
The first hacked game I played is Pokemon DarkCry Version (who made that by the way?) It is already in the cart sold in some stores so I get to play this in my Game Boy Advance. The next who are Shiny Gold (Zel) and Lugias Ocean. :)

#throwback

Back