• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • Been a few days since my last post congrats on all the new shinies, I have to say thanks to TheShinyEevee I had completely forgot that the Pokedex recorded shinies seen. Turns out I had not knocked out a Shiny Wingull,thankfully.

I have caught a Shiny Audino in the FS a few days ago, crit captured it, so that's cool. Then finally ,after over 3000 eggs since my last Masuda shiny, I hatched a beautiful black Furfrou my first shiny of the new year.

Good luck on all the hunts, and Happy New Year.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Happy 2014, SHC!! This year we'll be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the SHC, so we're going to try something that the great FOUNDERS once began...

2014 SHC SHINY POKEDEX!!!!!!

Throughout the year, we'll try to get as far through the Pokedex as we can and see how many shinies we can catch in order. We'll start with Bulbasaur, then move to Charmander, then Squirtle, etc. 1/8192 and 1/4096 shinies all count as well as any MM shinies, but 6th gen Pokemon will have to be caught twice, either twice by the same member or by two different members. Let's see who can fill up the most entries for the SHC Dex by the end of the year!

Now theres the pokedex. Lets see if we can compelte the whole thing. It would be legendary!

The 2014 Yearly Quest!

1) Find a shiny of every type!

With the addition of Fairy Pokemon in X and Y, there are now 18 different types of Pokemon...let's try to get shinies of all of them!

To complete this portion of the Quest, you must catch shinies representing all 18 types. Dual-types will count for both types they are, so you can complete the Quest with anywhere from 9 to 18 shinies for this part. Pokemon who change types during evolution may be counted for either type, but one specific stage of evolution must be picked and and that Pokemon's type(s) will be the ones counted. Shinies whose types were changed to Fairy but caught in an earlier generation may be counted for either Fairy or their original type.

2) Find two shinies for the SHC 2014 Shiny PokeDex!

3) Complete two monthly quests!

The standard weighting is in place: it's fine if you use the shiny charm in B2W2, but you'll have to get 3 of them! Two GenVI shinies will have to be caught to complete a part of the Quest, but the two shinies may be different.

These can be done in any order. The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining, Friend Safaris, or hacking is allowed. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks to Paulthagerous for the Yearly Quest idea!

The January Monthly Quest!!

It's the beginning of a new year! To complete the January Monthly Quest, you must obtain two shinies:

1) A shiny starter
    2) A shiny who can Mega Evolve

The contest lasts until midnight EST on February 1st, 2014.

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys im new here and just looking to trade for new pokemon (esecially shinies) so yea that pretty much it soooo..............................................................................................................................................................................................................yea.

Does anyone have a shiny protean froakie they are willing to trad
    e?

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • SHINY EEVEE!!! It came on number 11,389 and has a Bashful nature, which isn't bad and gives me a good deal of freedom for evolving it. I might wait until December and evolve it if I need one last type for the Yearly Quest, haha.

My GBAs haven't worked for a long time, so I think I'm just going to Pal Park my shinies and then restart FR to SR for the starters.

Hey guys im new here and just looking to trade for new pokemon

Sorry DISTURBED-246, but this isn't really a trading thread. Feel free to post here if you hunt for shinies yourself, though! :)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Got a $IV spanish Bulbasaur to start using for MM for a good shiny one to start of the shiny dex, Just need a good 5IV one to breed with now xD, but that shouldn't take to long really.

After that a Shiny Scyther will be what I am going for, Any good foreign pokemon to help me out would be welcome, I can clone the pokes to and give them back, Anything to help me get the shinys I would like.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    SHINY EEVEE!!!
    And here I was, thinking I found the first shiny of 2014. Congrats G-Money :) .

But anyway, starting from the top, I found a shiny emolga after 1066 REs on friend safari while hunting for Luxio/Electabuzz and, yet again, kept the tradition of getting the shiny I didn't want. Traded it away for a legendary, which got me so much into legendary trading that now, after dozens of deals on the GTS and with a japanese friend, I got the shiny event rayquaza. How cool is that?

For more recent news, I was still MMing for my Pinsir yesterday (162 eggs) and got bored of it so, I started to MM for shiny torchic. It took no more than 7 eggs for that beautiful little chicken to appear. Managed to breed him as Adamant, and with 2 IVs but, sadly, he didn't get speed bost. Oh well, you can't have everything.

I'd also like to pose a few doubts about the shiny dex:
    1. Do we have to complete it in order?
    2. Do MM shinies count as a whole entry or as parts?
    3. Does a shiny that can still evolve count for its evolutions too?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would like to join this club i have no shinys but i'm planning to i am currently looking for shiny kyogre on pokemon sapphire (started RE'S yesterday) for sh feebas on my emerald (my S/E games are not emulated i have 1 special edition kyogre GBA) Then i'm looking for sh ditto on Pokemon Black and Black 2 and looking for a shiny clauncher on Pokemon X! I am 11 years old my name is David.
    Birth: 17 May 2002
    Interesses: Pokemon , Animes , Mangas , PS3 (especially DBZ RG2 , Skyrim , Prince of Persia , The Simpsons) GBA , NDS , 3DS , Mario and some shiny pokemons that's all you need to know about me i hope to get in this club bye ^^ (if i enter please PM me :D)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Oh my dear god, my insane luck strikes again. I started MMing for a shiny totodile today and it only took me 22 eggs (roughly an hour and a half of lazily going around prism tower) to get that wondeful shiny totodile I've wanted for so long.

EDIT: Forgot to say, It's a male with an adamant nature and has 3 IVs on Attack, Sp. Attack and Sp. Def. I'm so happy x)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    Happy New Year and congrats on all new shinies just started playing x and was hunting for a shiny fennekin and just remebered is it true you need to beat the elite four in this game for shinies to be activated. Because that would really stink.
    3ds FC: 3282-3568-8003

I would like to join this club i have no shinys but i'm planning to i am currently looking for shiny kyogre on pokemon sapphire (started RE'S yesterday) for sh feebas on my emerald (my S/E games are not emulated i have 1 special edition kyogre GBA) Then i'm looking for sh ditto on Pokemon Black and Black 2 and looking for a shiny clauncher on Pokemon X! I am 11 years old my name is David.
    Interesses: Pokemon , Animes , Mangas , PS3 (especially DBZ RG2 , Skyrim , Prince of Persia , The Simpsons) GBA , NDS , 3DS , Mario and some shiny pokemons that's all you need to know about me i hope to get in this club bye ^^ (if i enter please PM me :D)

hey i have a shiny ditto lvl 100 on my pokemon black 1 if you would like to trade for it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    I'll like to join this club!

My shinies are: Slurpuff, Gogoat, Quaqsire, Spirtomb, Stunfisk, Luxray, Eevee, Pansage, Quilladin and Gyrardos.

I'm currently hunting Mareep.

Years
  • Congrats on all the shinies you guys have found!

So I have been encountering in route 10 in my X for a while, and in Phase 1 I got a shiny Yanma after 8000 something REs. Today, in Phase 2, I found a shiny Hawlucha after 4033
    tumblr_myxijesE0b1t2p659o1_500.jpg

I am going for Eevee/Houndour though so these aren't what I'm looking for. For now I'm going to masuda hatch one of the pokebank pokemon and then I will perhaps go after Cyndaquil in HGSS, or go back to Route 10, or maybe even go to Route 8 for a bit. We'll see!

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Hi, everyone! I'm a brand-new shiny hunter ouo; it's definitely encouraging to see all the success you have all had! I've been playing for around 8 years and only found one shiny (A Geodude in LeafGreen), so I'm a bit nervous, but if all of you can do it, then so can I!

Tried chaining for the first time in the Pokemon Forest yesterday. Not much luck after several hours, so I'm considering trying my luck with the Masuda method, just to see which I'm more comfortable with.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Guys, I have returned! Sorry for my half year abscence. :P My eevee shiny hunt has failed, but thx to X/Y, I have gotten my very first shiny via RE(nincada), my first MM'd Pokemon:(naive! protean) froakie. I also got noibat from FS and few others. As for fishing…… well, there are too many for them to count. :P The froakie was in the month of January, so my shiny quest for the month on the forums has veen completed! :D As of now I am Masuda Methoding for shiny sableye. Wish me luck as I have already filled over 2 boxes of 'em. :P I welcome all of the newcomers to the forum and Happy late New Year's to everyone!

Just realized the 2nd part of the month quest, one shiny to go!

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • 189 Bulbasaur
    655 Palais Lane encounters

I've started SRing for Bulbasaur in FR, and I'm also encountering in X for a shiny Honedge. Much to my surprise, Nincada is also found on Route 6! I like how so many different Pokemon are found on the X/Y routes - lots of potential Axiom 22 applications! :laugh:

And here I was, thinking I found the first shiny of 2014. Congrats G-Money :)

shiny torchic

I'd also like to pose a few doubts about the shiny dex:
    1. Do we have to complete it in order?
    2. Do MM shinies count as a whole entry or as parts?
    3. Does a shiny that can still evolve count for its evolutions too?

Thanks, Rezu! Congrats on your shiny Torchic!

1) Yes, it must be done in order, although it's for the whole club, so any one person can start hunting later in the year and start with whatever we're on. Right now, only Bulbasaur counts.
    2) Yes! 4th and 5th gen MM shinies count as the full entry, and X/Y MMing counts as half. Anything caught under the B2W2 shiny charm counts as 1/3.
    3) Yes! We're doing each evolution chain separately, so there's no need to get a separate Ivysaur, etc. Once someone gets Bulbasaur we'll move on to Charmander. It doesn't work the other way, though - Metapod wouldn't count for Caterpie, for instance. Stuff like Eevee and Poliwag will have to be caught multiple times for their different evolutionary branches.

I would like to join this club i have no shinys but i'm planning to i am currently looking for shiny kyogre on pokemon sapphire (started RE'S yesterday) for sh feebas on my emerald (my S/E games are not emulated i have 1 special edition kyogre GBA) Then i'm looking for sh ditto on Pokemon Black and Black 2 and looking for a shiny clauncher on Pokemon X! I am 11 years old my name is David.

Sorry ShinyKid00, but the site rules say that you have to be 13 to join. Come back in a couple of years and we'll be glad to have you join once you turn 13! :)

Spoiler:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • TSE: I will race you for that shiny HG/SS Starter when you get round to it. Waiting for my sister to go back to university so I can steal her DS and run my 4 console setup again haha.

Still breeding good Bulbasaurs and trying to find a good Foreign pokemon in that egg group, but hard to come by.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Good luck completing the shinydex everyone, considering some pokemon are shiny locked……O_O

Anyways, 95 eggs on sableye so far. If it's not prankster, I'll most likely trade it off. As for the shinydex, I assume the pokemon we got before they were targeted will not count? Good luck to all shiny hunts! I will be back either tomorrow or tuesday. :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Success!
    I have yet to get a shiny Tyrunt to replace the one that I lost. However, today I chained a male shiny Furfrou. It only took 7 chains, too.

It has a pretty decent nature, and I'm considering giving him to a friend as a gift. My next target will probably be Croagunk, as I found a good place to chain for one and I've been fond of its shiny form for a while now. {:

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    congratz on the shiny furfou! Good luck on the shiny croagunk!

I never got how X/Y chaining is tolerable, it constantly dies on me. :(

Welp I have over 100 sableye now without a shiny, I will have to release/WT some soon.

On a side note does anyone know when pokebank comes out? my shinies are begging for transfer! D:

Is it just me, or does Miiverse seem far inferior to this site? Pretty sure this site is far superior to nintendo's X/Y miiverse community. 10 years IS a long time for an internet community, after all.

Years
  • Congrats on the Furfrou! It's a lovely shiny^^

TSE: I will race you for that shiny HG/SS Starter when you get round to it. Waiting for my sister to go back to university so I can steal her DS and run my 4 console setup again haha.

Cool cool! I am breeding for a secret target right now, I'm up to 420 MM eggs as I was doing some inbetween my other hunts occasionally. Whenever I get it I will start on the starters!

Also, I may well dual soft reset for Charmander or Squirtle on FRLG once you get Bulbasaur, G. We'll see how fast you get it!

Oh and one last thing, for anyone looking to do a horde encounter hunt I compiled all of the pokemon available in hordes, where you can get them, and colour coded them by rarity. May or may not come in handy haha!
    WARNING! LARGE IMAGE!
    Spoiler:

Back