• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. thread 2.0

PB

creation hero
Years
With the release of Pokemon 2019, the catch roster has seemed especially unpredictable!
Like the previous thread,

Use this thread to discuss Ash and Co's captures, and characters' potential teams throughout the series. Try to explain why you think a character may have this Pokemon/may catch it in the future, etc. However, please source official news.

However, don't feel obligated to site official news or sources if you are speculating! But in the event that you are claiming something is confirmed, please remember to do so.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
*cracks knuckles* new thread, new interesting speculations.

Been hearing speculation about Goh capturing a Sobble. Tbh, I've been wondering for awhile if any of the other Galar starters would be caught by Ash or Goh. Hopefully soon. I've heard speculation thrown around about both Ash and Goh possibly catching Sobble, though, so Idk who I'd rather catch it, tbh. Ash usually at least gets one starter Pokemon in each series, so it's bound to either be Grookey or Sobble eventually, right?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ooo new thread... We have kinda needed one for a while.

But yeah, right now there is a lot of back and forth if Ash will get Grooky or Sobble. A lot of people don't want Ash to catch Sobble, but there are some who are bashing others who don't think Sobble will be caught by Ash.

All this has streamed from 2 I guess Corocoro scans, one showing Ash catching it and one seemingly showing Goh getting it. As well as Ash catching a Galarian Farfetch'd and Goh catching a normal Farfetch'd. However, none of these are confirmed. I will see if I can find the two scans though.

As for Galar Fartech'd, I think it is the perfect pokemon for Ash. To evolve in game, you have to get 3 Critical Strikes and I just think that matches Ash insanely well. Plus it is probably the most popular Galarian Form because of Sirfetch'd.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

All and all, I'd prefer Chloe catching Sobble. I think Grookey matches Ash better because he normally gets the monkey pokemon. It is also possible that Ash gets both.

Last edited:

PB

creation hero
Years
Spoiler:
definitelyyyyy looks like it's going to Ash imo!! Very excited for the relationship they might have if so, kinda cheering it on when it's down or encouraging it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With something being confirmed, here are my new thoughts.

Spoiler:

Also, someone said they saw a Haxorus running with Gengar and a Lucario in a Japanese Opening Theme, but I have yet to see this in any of the Japanese openings so far, so I am not sure how true this is or if he saw something else. However, if it is true, that means Ash might catch a Haxorus.

Edit: Going back to the Haxorus, the person who spoke about it posted a very fan made video not from the official channel. He thinks it is official, but almost nothing to go on. Plus it had a Scorbunny, Gengar and Lucario which is a major red flag given his first catch was Dragonite, so I would not put any type of faith in him catching Haxorus currently.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
So i was just watching the episode in the indigo saga where he wanted the catch the specie of today's capture

So yeah Ash getting an
Spoiler:
is closer to reality

(Sorry for my english)

PB

creation hero
Years
ooooooh soo Ash now has a Galarian
Spoiler:
!! Personally excited towards this catch, what do y'all think?

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
ooooooh soo Ash now has a Galarian
Spoiler:
!! Personally excited towards this catch, what do y'all think?
Spoiler:

Note of a certain pokemon:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Hey guys. In the Journeys series, do you think that Ash will later use his Incineroar as its final form in battle, or never? Do you think Ash's Incineroar will be forgotten in the Journey series, along with his Rowlet, Lycanroc and Melmetal? What do you think?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think right now it is really hard to say if he will forget his previous pokemon or not. He isn't going to be able to beat the Champions, and I assume he would have to beat every single champion, with his current team.

He has only had 1 match that I am aware of and he nearly lost. If they want to make this the best series possible, I think they need to bring in some of his older pokemon, similar to how the Battle Frontier was handled as well as Sinnoh League.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 1, 2020
I think it would be nice if Ash caught a Toxel and evolved it into a sick amped Toxtrizity

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Spoiler:

😒

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So at this point, I am a bit disappointed with Ash's pokemon. Originally catching Gengar and Dragonite was a great idea, but now I think it is gonna hurt the rest of the saga. I thought he would catch more pokemon, but of course it hasn't happened.

Drgaonite and Gengar have both been void of growth, as far as I know, because they are already fully evolved. Riolu and now Farfetch'd have taken up screen time. And then Ash caught a fossil which are some of the most hated pokemon aside from the Meta Game. And honestly I keep forgetting he actually got a fossil. Let's not forget one that can't even evolve.

So I've began to lose interest a bit in the anime, especially since some of the pokemon Goh caught, specifically Suicune that would have made so much more sense for Ash to catch with his past encounters with Suicune.

I hope for the sake of growth, he catches more pokemon if they aren't going to give him pokemon that can grow and evolve. And if not, then bring back old pokemon so they can grow and evolve.

Years
So at this point, I am a bit disappointed with Ash's pokemon. Originally catching Gengar and Dragonite was a great idea, but now I think it is gonna hurt the rest of the saga. I thought he would catch more pokemon, but of course it hasn't happened.

Drgaonite and Gengar have both been void of growth, as far as I know, because they are already fully evolved. Riolu and now Farfetch'd have taken up screen time. And then Ash caught a fossil which are some of the most hated pokemon aside from the Meta Game. And honestly I keep forgetting he actually got a fossil. Let's not forget one that can't even evolve.

So I've began to lose interest a bit in the anime, especially since some of the pokemon Goh caught, specifically Suicune that would have made so much more sense for Ash to catch with his past encounters with Suicune.

I hope for the sake of growth, he catches more pokemon if they aren't going to give him pokemon that can grow and evolve. And if not, then bring back old pokemon so they can grow and evolve.

I really do think Ash's mons need more focus. :( Gengar and Dragonite have barely gotten anything since their captures, and even Lucario has been on the sidelines since its focus episodes a while back. Farfetch'd's recent episodes were pretty good so I'm willing to let that slide since it's developing and will have more battles with their new rival later, but it still isn't enough. Definitely one of the downsides of Journeys so far.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years

First of all I was never on board with Ash getting Gengar and Dragonite because they're overrated as hell, but why would they need more screen time than Riolu and Farfetch'd? I mean yeah Riolu's overrated too, but it had to evolve into Lucario for marketing reasons which explains why it got so much training. The same applies to Farfetch'd now because it's obviously gonna evolve into Sirfetch'd soon.

Also you're complaining that Dragonite and Gengar are "gonna hurt the rest of the saga" while also saying that you thought Suicune would suit Ash more than Goh? What kind of logic is that? If Ash had caught Suicune it's not like it would've done anything special any ways if even Gengar and Dragonite have been snubbed recently. Not to mention that I really disagree with the logic that Ash meeting several Suicune before must mean that he deserves one himself. That same logic could apply to hundreds of Pokemon so it's irrelevant imo.

As for Dracovish I don't like it but it deserves to appear more often because iirc it hasn't appeared in weeks despite being the new guy on Ash's team. Btw why would you want Ash to catch even more Pokemon when at least half of his current ones are being badly neglected?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
First of all I was never on board with Ash getting Gengar and Dragonite because they're overrated as hell, but why would they need more screen time than Riolu and Farfetch'd? I mean yeah Riolu's overrated too, but it had to evolve into Lucario for marketing reasons which explains why it got so much training. The same applies to Farfetch'd now because it's obviously gonna evolve into Sirfetch'd soon.

Also you're complaining that Dragonite and Gengar are "gonna hurt the rest of the saga" while also saying that you thought Suicune would suit Ash more than Goh? What kind of logic is that? If Ash had caught Suicune it's not like it would've done anything special any ways if even Gengar and Dragonite have been snubbed recently. Not to mention that I really disagree with the logic that Ash meeting several Suicune before must mean that he deserves one himself. That same logic could apply to hundreds of Pokemon so it's irrelevant imo.

As for Dracovish I don't like it but it deserves to appear more often because iirc it hasn't appeared in weeks despite being the new guy on Ash's team. Btw why would you want Ash to catch even more Pokemon when at least half of his current ones are being badly neglected?

Not talking about those pokemon since they are already fully evolved. I mean his other pokemon from other sagas. Quilava, Gible, Pignite, Snivy, ect. When pokemon evolve, much like with Dragonite and Gengar, they get less screen time. It has always been like that.

As for Suicune, I am not saying Ash should have caught it, but Goh shouldn't have. Ash has had a special connection with Suicune, similar to his aura and Ho-oH, than other legends. Ash should have been the one to catch it if any one was going to catch it. It appeared to Ash 2 or 3 times specifically.

And yes he should catch more that aren't evolved, because then they will get screen time. Or as I said, his older pokemon.

I knew Gengar and Dragonite weren't going to get much screen time because they were already evolved. That was a fear from the very start. Lucario will be neglected next, and so will Sirfetch'd. Dracovish will fall into the same category as Gengar and Dragonite because it can't evolve. Just like Torkoal, Tauros, Muk, and Snorlax. It may get 3 or so episodes, but that is likely all. It just will never have the development people want because it can't evolve. Not the mention the limitations the pokemon has because it is an abomination. Much like most fish type pokemon, it needs water, and pokemon who need water rarely get a lot of screentime.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash caught Kubfu and it takes screentime over. Especially with the sheer amount of focus on Fighting Type pokemon.

Last edited:
Back