• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. thread 2.0

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
  • Lucario will be neglected next, and so will Sirfetch'd.

I'm not trying to sound argumentative, but there's no way Lucario will be neglected. Even if you believe that his development is done (in my opinion it's not) the writers will always find ways to milk his popularity. This is part of the reason why I don't buy the theory about Kubfu overshadowing the other Pokemon btw, because there's no way that it would become the new star of Ash's team as long as Lucario is right there.

And that's assuming that Ash will get Kubfu at all which I don't believe will happen anyways. Like, what would even be the point when the Isle of Armor stuff isn't relevant anymore and hasn't been for almost a year? Ash is way more likely to catch a Sinnoh mon to promote the Sinnoh remakes or maybe he'll add Gible back on his team for the same reason (God willing).

Years
  • I completely understand Icy's thoughts on Gengar and Dragonite and really echo them. Stinks because they both have great characters and had really nice capture episodes (especially Gengar). They're one of my favorite of Ash's captures. I really do hope we'll get some focus on them again, at least. :( So far Journeys has my favorite set of Ash captures by a long shot, but unfortunately isn't doing so well at giving them focus and development.

I'm not trying to sound argumentative, but there's no way Lucario will be neglected. Even if you believe that his development is done (in my opinion it's not) the writers will always find ways to milk his popularity. This is part of the reason why I don't buy the theory about Kubfu overshadowing the other Pokemon btw, because there's no way that it would become the new star of Ash's team as long as Lucario is right there.

And that's assuming that Ash will get Kubfu at all which I don't believe will happen anyways. Like, what would even be the point when the Isle of Armor stuff isn't relevant anymore and hasn't been for almost a year? Ash is way more likely to catch a Sinnoh mon to promote the Sinnoh remakes or maybe he'll add Gible back on his team for the same reason (God willing).

Yeah, I honestly do expect Lucario to get some focus again at some point. Maybe not as heavily as when it was training as Riolu and evolved, but still something. They definitely know how popular it is and how long some of the long-time fans have wanted Ash to catch it lol. They do pay more attention to the older fans now too, more so than before, since we've been getting more things catered to us recently like a remake of the first movie, Misty and Brock returning, etc.

ngl I still think Ash getting rapid strike Urshifu and Go getting single strike would be cool. IoA isn't relevant anymore but it could still happen and I probably wouldn't complain haha. I just want to see my lil bear ok! Also Avery and Klara. :D

Years
  • So the latest capture!

Spoiler:
    What do you guys think? Justified?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Way late, but I think Games catching Morpeko has been a waste just to allow him to have an official pokemon. I think it was a nice catch for him, but when you can completely omit it from the anime and it change nothing at all well then.... I don't think it was needed. I feel like it was just a way to make Jessie, James and Meowth come up wtih dumb ideas because they have no money to afford food.

Anyway, while we do not know if Pokemon will continue into Paldea or if Ash will make a return, I was just curious what you all thought would be great for Ash's team?

Journeys completely broke the 'normal' for anything related to the anime, thus hard to say if he will even catch in Paldean Pokemon. But think of it as if this was an old format where he did only catch new pokemon.

For me, I'd love to see Ash catch another herd of Tauros with all three different variants. We never got the episode in English so for many, they probably don't even know how Ash got them. So having a new herd to catch and having a 'safe for children' flashback would be amazing.

For starter... I was disappointed he didn't get a starter in Journeys for Galar. But this time... I kinda hope he doesn't. I don't think many people like any of the starters, which is the first time. And while Fuecoco was originally the most liked, I think Sprigatito has taken over. If he was to catch a starter, I'd like to get justice for what they did to Rowlet and have Ash catch Sprigatito and fully evolve it.

Lokix - I feel like this might be considered the regional bug and something Ash hasn't caught in a very long time and would love to see him catch it. It seems like a very Ash Pokemon.

Palafin - Honestly it is a very hated pokemon, but I think it matches Ash very well. I also feel like if it was in the anime, people would like it a bit more when actually seeing it in action. If Ash can't get a pokemon's fanbase up, there is no hope for it.

Baxcalibir or Cetitan - One of these I think would be amazing for Ash. Given he never got a Larvitar and Bax look very similar to one, I feel like it would be an amazing addition to his team. Cetitan I also think could be a good pokemon, but not as good as Bax. Not to mention Baxcalibir is based on Godzilla, so I think it would have a huge fanbase in Japan.

Charcadet/Evos - I think this would also be a good addition to his team, especially if it doesn't get Fuecoco. They are probably going to be the Lucario/Zoroark of the region and both would match him well.

Annihilape - I'd love to see them bring back Primeape now that we know they haven't forgotten and then let ti evolve.

Others;
    Skiddo/Gogoat - I always thought Ash should have caught this pokemon in Kalos. Especially after not having a grass type on his team. I was really disappointed when he didn't catch it.

Bisharp - With its new evolution and how it evolves, I feel like it would also match Ash well. This is more of a bias opinion given that Bisharp is a favorite pokemon.

Back