• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Thanks, but the flags and stuff are part of the Elite Four's scripts aren't they(I was hoping to change an E4 dialogue but I don't know how to set the correct flags to make them rematchable). Changing the script offset would mean no rematches unless I set the flag (which I can't really do because of my lacking experience)
I'd also have to put in the battle start script wouldn't I...
Btw I'm hacking Ruby

Well, the E4 are already rematchable, aren't they? How do you want the rematch system to work?

uliekztrollface?

U MAD BRO?
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
The E4 are rematchable but surely if I edit a member to just have talking script with no special flags then I can't rematch said member? Or is it that the E4 all have one flag applying for all of them? Thanks and sorry for my noobish questions xD
I just want to make sure they are still rematchable after editing dialogue...

Wobbu

Years
If you have Advance Map, find the rooms with the E4 members, then double click on their overworld sprites. If you've never used Advance Map before, you can download it here. Make sure that you have PKSV associated as the script editor for Advance Map.

uliekztrollface?

U MAD BRO?
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Thank you; I do have A-map...
Oh I get it now! Thanks very much :)
Just how do I pair a scripting program with advance map though? Isn't it some button or other?
Thanks a great deal :)
Previously when doing script stuff I haven't had to have PKSV paired but I will try 4 this thanks.

Wobbu

Years
Thank you; I do have A-map...
Oh I get it now! Thanks very much :)
Just how do I pair a scripting program with advance map though? Isn't it some button or other?
Thanks a great deal :)
Previously when doing script stuff I haven't had to have PKSV paired but I will try 4 this thanks.

Go to Settings, then Choose Script Editor. Next, go to the folder where your .exe for PKSV is and select it.

How to change the Pokemon Sprites >_<
ANd what tools needed

There's a tool called Wichu's Advanced Sprite Editor that can change sprites (assuming that you have the sprite that you want to insert) or you can do it the hardcore way with unLz GBA.

Years
  • MI
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Hmm...Is your offset something other than 0? Then the number has to be positive on one map and negative on the other. So for example if your offset on your first map is 2, then it has to be -2 on the other. Also, make sure there's only one connection for each direction.

Nope. Offset is 0, and there's only one connection for each direction. I'm going to try Advancemap 1.92. Maybe it's just something with 1.95.

uliekztrollface?

U MAD BRO?
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Go to Settings, then Choose Script Editor. Next, go to the folder where your .exe for PKSV is and select it.
Sorry, my advance map is version 1.92 and thus does not have an option in "settings" called "script editor".
Also, because I couldn't do that, I attempted to copy/paste drake's script offset into PKSV and clicked decompile, but all that came up was gibberish stuff that I couldn't understand(no or@msg or any dialogue) :/

Last edited:
uliekztrollface?, it most certainly does have an option in the drop-down settings to define a script editor. Second one up from the bottom, "choose script editor". You then browse through your folders, locate PKSV (why? XSE is better!) and choose it.

Does anyone know in XSE with buffernumber 0x(number) LAST_RESULT how many different buffers can be stored in 1 script?

I believe it's three. I ran into the problem of not having enough buffers when scripting up a contest that needed to generate and store the names of the NPC's catches in the buffers. If you do something like this:

Code:
bufferstring 0x3 @dratini'sname
#org @message
= I love my [buffer4]!

Ingame it'll look like this:

Code:
I love my  !

With a space where the buffered string would be.

I came up with a creative solution to bypass the limit, using only one buffer that I was constantly overwriting right before the respective text was called, but it wouldn't be applicable to storing numbers.

LUCKILY, you can buffer your numbers straight from variables! That way, you can store however many numbers you want in variables, and then use your three available buffers creatively to display them. Such a method, using example variables and values, would look like this:

Code:
setvar 0x4000 0x1           'This is the first variable I'm using. The number I'm storing here is "1".
buffernumber 0x0 0x4000  'I'm setting buffer1 up so that it gets its number from my first variable, 0x4000
setvar 0x4001 0x2           'Second variable, setting it to store "2".
buffernumber 0x1 0x4001  'Setting up buffer2
setvar 0x4002 0x3           'Third variable, setting it to store "3".
buffernumber 0x2 0x4002  'Setting up buffer3
msgbox @firstsetofnumbers MSG_NORMAL   'Displaying the first message box, with my first 3 numbers.
setvar 0x4003 0x4           'Fourth variable, setting it to store "4".
buffernumber 0x0 0x4003  'Setting up buffer1 again, this time to store our fourth variable, 4003. The original value that we stored here earlier has now been overwritten.
setvar 0x4004 0x5           'Fifth variable, setting it to store "5".
buffernumber 0x1 0x4004  'Setting up buffer2 again, this time to store our fifth variable, 4004. The original value that we stored here earlier has now been overwritten.
msgbox @secondsetofnumbers MSG_NORMAL   'Displaying the second message box, with the final 2 numbers.
#org @firstsetofnumbers 'First textbox
= This is the first set of numbers!\n[buffer1], [buffer2], and [buffer3]!

#org @secondsetofnumbers 'Second textbox
= This is the second set of numbers!\n[buffer1] and [buffer2]!

Ingame, with the code boxes being textboxes, it'll appear like this:
Code:
This is the first set of numbers!
1, 2, and 3!

Code:
This is the second set of numbers!
4 and 5!

Last edited:

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
Years
Does anyone know a good hack for me to play? I've played many of them but I cant seem to find one that catches my eye. I like hacks with: no fakemon, good storyline, 4th gen tiles, no remakes. Any suggestions?

I've played:
Pokemon Flora Sky
Pokemon Light Platinum
Pokemon Fuligin
Pokemon Dark Rising
Pokemon Ash Grey
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Naranja
Pokemon Red Adventure
Pokemon Apollo...
Any suggestions?

uliekztrollface?

U MAD BRO?
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
@Deokishisu I've had to change my avatar to show u that there is no choose script editor command on my advance map . Sorry its small; try zooming in.
Edit: Sorry, I've changed my avatar back now( cus no1's replied and i'm impatient. I'm telling the truth about the lack of the choose script editor option tho)

Last edited:
@Deokishisu I've had to change my avatar to show u that there is no choose script editor command on my advance map . Sorry its small; try zooming in.

Are you sure you're using 1.92? I have it open as we speak and have the option.

Open your Advancemap .ini and scroll down to the bottom. There should be a header labelled "[Einstellungen]". I'm not sure if it will have this field if you haven't defined it yet, but add these lines (or edit the existing lines):

Code:
ScriptEditor=C:\Users\Name\Folder\PKSV.exe
ScriptSpaceSeperator=0

Of course, for that first line, change it so that it points to where your PKSV is located on your computer.

Also, check to make sure you truly are using 1.92. You can use that question mark button to find out, the window will minimize and you'll get an about window that will spit out the version number.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Are you sure you're using 1.92? I have it open as we speak and have the option.

Open your Advancemap .ini and scroll down to the bottom. There should be a header labelled "[Einstellungen]". I'm not sure if it will have this field if you haven't defined it yet, but add these lines (or edit the existing lines):

Code:
ScriptEditor=C:\Users\Name\Folder\PKSV.exe
ScriptSpaceSeperator=0

Of course, for that first line, change it so that it points to where your PKSV is located on your computer.

Also, check to make sure you truly are using 1.92. You can use that question mark button to find out, the window will minimize and you'll get an about window that will spit out the version number.

Code:
[IMG]http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69126&stc=1&d=1375729626[/IMG]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

This is A-Map 1.92. The option does exist. @uliekztrollface I have no idea what version you have if it doesn't.

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
Is there an easy to understand tutorial on how to change the world map in Fire Red (BPRE0)?
I tried a few, but they didn't work out for me :(
Also, how would I change the map in the pokedex to my edited map?

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
I'm having a lot of trouble downloading Advance Text. From what I can tell, the usual problem is that an error message pops up when you try to run the Advance-Text.exe application. But when I try to extract the files from a-Text_311, the Advance-Text.exe appears in the new folder, but immediately disappears afterwards. If I click on it before it can disappear, it simply says that Windows cannot find the file (because it no longer exists in the folder.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this, or how to stop the Advance-Text.exe from disappearing?

Wobbu

Years
I'm having a lot of trouble downloading Advance Text. From what I can tell, the usual problem is that an error message pops up when you try to run the Advance-Text.exe application. But when I try to extract the files from a-Text_311, the Advance-Text.exe appears in the new folder, but immediately disappears afterwards. If I click on it before it can disappear, it simply says that Windows cannot find the file (because it no longer exists in the folder.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this, or how to stop the Advance-Text.exe from disappearing?

Do you have any antivirus software? For some reason antivirus software hates anything associated with Pokémon hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back