• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fantasy Roleplay [Ideas and Help needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    RP Leader: Should someone betray someone in the RP? (Yes, No)
    Randomizer: Yes
    RP Leader: Who should be the Betrayer? (Bob, Sarah, Frank, Joe)
    Randomizer: Bob

I'm in. Count me in. If we get a nice randomizer, I'm so going to stuff the RP into my schedule. I fully support this wonderful idea. [I've never done an randomizer RP... :O]

AND, NOOOOOOOOOOO HOW COULD I FORGET MY MOST BELOVED "FIRST CLASS"?! /first class I ever was was Archer/Hunter. But I'm getting off-topic, so basically: We must have the ranged class, of course. :O

I mentioned Ragnarok so I could bait you Chibi

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
  • I do agree that we need to liven up this section, but I'm not really in to that kind of RP ^^; I would start my own RP, but I'm not very good at that. I have something of an idea. But I think I'm going to get Master or someone to help me if I ever want to start it.

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
  • O hay. People other than Loki and Alter posted! :'3 Maybe this thing will actually get a little attention?

Anyway, I'm not familiar with Randomizer based RPs, I've never done one, but if someone will explain to me in full detail what it is and how to do it, then hey, I'll give it a shot. O:

Also, I'm still looking for a person or two who would like to be RP Masters with me when I get this up and running, if I do. :/ Anyone interested?

By the way, when I said "ninja" I was thinking Assassin. My bad. xD

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • You're missing the ranged shooter.

I was considering adding it, but since it's not a true universal (as there are quite many RPGs where you don't get a ranged attacking character at all) I decided to be lazy and not include.

'Cause, you know, I realized that if I added that one then I'd also feel obligated to add...

The Bare-hands fighter guy: Y'know...that guy? The one who kicks buttocks like crazy without you even needing to equip him with anything? If there is any one character who can rival the thief in speed, it's this guy. The bare-hands fighter guy is the 'too cool for weapons' character who scorns on equipment. If he uses weapons, then they are inevitably strap-on claws or gloves, but more often than not, he will have no weapon whatsoever because his 1337 kung fu fighting skills are just that awesome. He never uses shields or helmets, and any armor outside of a stylish robe or other very light garment is completely out of the question. More often than not, he is quite capable of fending for himself even without any equips whatsoever. On the buff and tough front, he falls in somewhere between the tank and the ram (not quite as durable as tank, not quite as strong as ram) but can easily trump them both when it comes to speed and often gets in far more attacks per turn than the others. His magic resistance is also usually better than that of his peers. He will usually be weakish early on, because of the handicap of lacking equipment both for defense and for punching through opponent's defenses and for maintaining his own, but rest assured that by the time the level cap start looming on the horizon, the bare-hands fighter guy will be at the top of the heap. Skills typically involve ways to get in more physical hits (often in counter attack), striking multiple opponents at once, and at least one that emphasizes his meditative, mind-over-matter philosophy (some kind of 'Chakra' or 'Chi' type thing, usually involves healing damage and status, but only for the bare-hands fighter guy himsef). This class is nearly always referred to as 'Monk', though they may also be 'Brawler' or 'Grappler' on occassion.

...and, of course:

The Summoner: The only spellcaster with even bigger fireworks than the Black Mage. The summoner's arsenal is focused solely on summoning big, hulking creatures to either pound down the opposition or provide party-wide support. Depending on setting, summoners basically come in two flavors: the ones who only summon in a monster for one big, flashy attack at a time, and the ones who concretely add the monster to your party for a limited time. For the former, their spells tend to have the largest area of effect available (Typically hitting every enemy or ally in sight, depending on if it's a beneficial or harmful summon, sometimes both) but may not be quite as big in the blunt damage department than the Black Mage's. For the second, the power of their spells can vary greatly depending on what they are allowed to summon or on what conditions. Some may provide a single, big beater at a time while others will instead swarm with a huge amount of smaller minions and just try to overrun the opposition. Regardless, their spells tend to be far more expensive than those of the standard spellcaster classes, which - combined with the fact that the Summoner typically gets less MP than the others - makes spamming them problematic. Stat-wise, the Summoner is slightly buffer than other spellcasters, usually landing quite close to the Thief, save that their speed tends to be weak. Equipment tolerates a bit more variance than the other classes, but usually doesn't stray too far from the general spellcaster arsenal. 'Summoner' and 'Caller' are the generic ones, though those with a more nature-oriented flair to them can also get by with 'Druid', 'Geomancer' or 'Shaman'. Necromancers more true to their appellation than what is standard can also be considered summoners, though their spells tend to require an available corpse and usually limit themselves to summoning the undead, specifically. Necromancers also usually have an arsenal of life-draining and status-inducing spells to fall back on in addition to their summoning skills, so they are not quite 'pure' summoners.

...okay, now I'm done with those. XD

Anyways, a randomizer RP is...well, basically just what Chibi already exemplified. Whenever a decision on what should or should not happen in the plot of the RP pop up, it is submitted to a simple program that will pick an answer at random (or some other randomizing process, depending on personal preference), then things are done as chance decrees. xD It's sort of like the damage rolls and saving throws in DnD, except we're applying the randomizing principle to determine actions instead of just outcomes.

Though mind you, if we are influencing the RPer characters' actions we would need a setting that suitably justifies this, as a randomizer could make for some highly out-of-character decisions (e.g. Q: 'Who's going to commit the gory, public murder of important plot character X?', A:'Important plot character X's sweet, pacifist daughter of eight who refuses to even look at weapons for ethical reasons and loves her daddy the mostest in the whole wide world.'). Those could be kind of...WTFish. x.O Unless of course we have something like a poltergeist or the like going around possessing people, or some kind of mind-influencing virus/curse to use as a crutch. Haha, all this plotting is waking my RP-writing instinct. Quick, someone get my pills! XD

The concept sounds fun, though. :3

Oh, and you can count me in as having a preliminary interest in the RP mastering thing, provided that it won't hinder me from participating myself. Still got to see how the plot and my own schedule end up looking before I give a final opinion on it, though.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • *Hands pills over and backs away*

And that would be awesome, having a randomizer create wild events which would never happen, but I'm sure we'd have some great RPers like Alter Ego here who could make it seem like the most natural thing in the world lol

And I'd also be willing to be a Master/Judge as long as I could still participate, 'cause this has the potential to be the best RP on the forums.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I refuse to be a Co-Owner.

Because I'm taboo, and any RP I co-own or own in general will flush itself down the toilet. :|||||

But yeah, I'm getting a little psyched for this, but now that AE's pointed it out, I agree that the final decision will be based on the quality of the plot. I'm teetering between this one and Parabolic's Tokusatsu RP right now, so...

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
  • *Hands pills over and backs away*

And that would be awesome, having a randomizer create wild events which would never happen, but I'm sure we'd have some great RPers like Alter Ego here who could make it seem like the most natural thing in the world lol

And I'd also be willing to be a Master/Judge as long as I could still participate, 'cause this has the potential to be the best RP on the forums.

I refuse to be a Co-Owner.

Because I'm taboo, and any RP I co-own or own in general will flush itself down the toilet. :|||||

But yeah, I'm getting a little psyched for this, but now that AE's pointed it out, I agree that the final decision will be based on the quality of the plot. I'm teetering between this one and Parabolic's Tokusatsu RP right now, so...

Buh. No pressure, eh? 8D;
    I'm going to have to put more thought into this. It was just a fleeting idea at first! xD *attempts to come up with a plot* Thank God for weekends. I have time to plan this now. :3
    Also, yeah, you can still have a character even if your a Co-owner. I'll probably have a character too. ¬_¬

Alter, Yuoaman, and Fallen, I'll probably PM you people to help with the plot.

[[Is there a way to do a group PM? D: ]]

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Sure, just separate the usernames you want with a ';' in the 'recipient' field. E.g. "Username A ; Username B ; Username C". Easy as that.

Let me know when you think something up, then. *Is seriously tired of hocking the entire plot-writing initiative in every joint project :x*

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I can be a Randomizer Judge person and not participate in the actual RP XD
    That'd get rid of bias and untruthfulness now wouldn't it? :3
    I don't think my schedule can handle an RP...but I'm interested in helping.

Yuoaman

Years
  • You know... An easier way to do the randomizer would be for the forums to get a BBCode for dice... which would eliminate all bias from the equation...

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
    Years
  • hmmm... this dose look interesting if I must say so... I've actually gone on a quest while actually playing D&D, even if the quest was never finished due to our evil DM... (seriously, level 5&6 people going against level 72 forest giants? not fair...)

If there's anything you think I could do to help, i'd be more than glad to...

and A.E., wouldn't a bare-hands fighter be a monk? In most RPG's 'monk' is usually the class given to the users of staves, gauntlets, greive edges(in soul caliber's case) and simple bare-handed combat.

I'll check back regularly to see how this all is coming along....

Yuoaman

Years
  • So AV any more news? If things are too hectic for you I could do a little more tweaking on the story, and such?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back