• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

blue

gucci
Years
  • anybody else want to see a swellow evolution? i don't feel that evolution chain is completed for some reason, mainly because the other bird pokemon you can find at the start of a game (pidgey+starly) have a 3rd evolution and i think taillow needs one too.

Noo, Swellow is my favorite Pokemon and I wouldn't like to see an evolution for it. Hoothoot and Noctowl are a two evolutionary stage regional bird too, so not all of them require three staged evolutions.

Years
  • Noo, Swellow is my favorite Pokemon and I wouldn't like to see an evolution for it. Hoothoot and Noctowl are a two evolutionary stage regional bird too, so not all of them require three staged evolutions.

Ok i forgot about Noctowl but i still think Swellow should evolve, i just don't think its good enough, if its your favourite pokemon then you wouldn't have to evolve it, i personally just think it isnt strong enough as a two stage evolution, unlike noctowl which is part psychic.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    Ok i forgot about Noctowl but i still think Swellow should evolve, i just don't think its good enough, if its your favourite pokemon then you wouldn't have to evolve it, i personally just think it isnt strong enough as a two stage evolution, unlike noctowl which is part psychic.

Noctowl is Normal/Flying, he isn't Psychic at all mate.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think Nocowl should evolve too but that's just me.
    And yes Fearow could use an evolution, but it's like a secondary regional bird, just how some regions have two regional bugs (Weedle, and Caterpie, and Wumpel's evolutions) so maybe it won't receive an evolution just like the other two stage birds :(.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    It would be really cool to see some 2nd gneration pokemon families expand, like Noctowl. I think that a Shuckle evolution might work (Though not sure how you could top its stats *coughdefensecough* ...). It could be a very large rock or boulder rather than a small rock and would be more tortoise-like with slightly better defined or somewhat solid legs than just a mass of tentacles in a rock.

One first generation pokemon I would love for them to come back to would be a full Kangaskhan family with a baby pre-evolution. Maybe rather than a new pokemon for a father, it could just be a gender difference like no pouch on its stomach. But at the very least a baby [Or maybe make the link to Cubone ;)]

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
  • I wanna see Corsola get a pre-evo and an evolutionary form like Roselia in Diamond/Pearl. I also wanna see Qwilfish, Mawile and Sableye get evolve stages. And maybe Tentacruel?...Da Tentacool-line, they live in pretty much every body of water around da pokemon world and u even see wild Tentacruel(s)...with da exception of Unova. >.>

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I would like an Electrode evolution, my sig can show a bit why. But I guess GF would go totally on the other side, they could make him like a Master ball.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • I think Nocowl should evolve too but that's just me.
    And yes Fearow could use an evolution, but it's like a secondary regional bird, just how some regions have two regional bugs (Weedle, and Caterpie, and Wumpel's evolutions) so maybe it won't receive an evolution just like the other two stage birds :(.

Yea the early pokemon of each gen are usually clones of previous ones in terms of data (same amount of stages with similar stats just shuffled around a bit).

So Starly/Pidove are clones of the 3-stage bird concept that Pidgey introduced,
    while Hoothoot/Taillow/Wingull are clones of the 2-stage bird concept that Spearow introduced.
    Each gen there is at least of of either.
    gen 1=one of both - a 'Pidgey' and a 'Spearow',
    gen 2=just second - a 'Spearow',
    gen 3=two second - two 'Spearows'
    gen 4=just first - a 'Pidgey'
    gen 5=just first - a 'Pidgey'
    and gen 6= at least the fourth 'Pidgey' (Fletchling is seen to have 3 stages in a pokedex screenshot)

These are 2 distinct leagues of birds, and the 2-stage ones are not meant to be compared to the 3-stage ones, and would probably end up stronger than them if they gained new evolutions since they are stronger than the middle stages.

Years
  • Noctowl is Normal/Flying, he isn't Psychic at all mate.

Sorry "mate" but he still learns psychic moves like confusion and he can learn psychic via TM so even if he isn't a psychic type he still learns good psychic attacks, and he's a better pokemon to battle with than Swellow... which makes me think that swellow should evolve.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Sorry "mate" but he still learns psychic moves like confusion and he can learn psychic via TM so even if he isn't a psychic type he still learns good psychic attacks, and he's a better pokemon to battle with than Swellow... which makes me think that swellow should evolve.

Swellow is stronger than Noctowl. Heck with Guts its a bigger threat than Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio and Unfezant too.

All it needs is some type coverage... like a Fire move, so its not stopped by Steel types. And thats more likely to gain by other means than a new evolution.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Swellow is stronger than Noctowl. Heck with Guts its a bigger threat than Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio and Unfezant too.

All it needs is some type coverage... like a Fire move, so its not stopped by Steel types. And thats more likely to gain by other means than a new evolution.
    Agreed, and to be honest, I don't think giving Swellow an evolution is really something GameFreak might even have in mind right now. Though, that's a far reaching guess since no one really knows what GameFreak is ever thinking except GameFreak themselves. Point being, Swellow as it stands is one of the strongest regional birds to date, all it needs is better type coverage and newer moves are likely to fix that than an evolution as MiTjA so perfectly said.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Have to agree there. Staraptor outclasses it for power and type coverage, although Swellow's faster. Perhaps they'll introduce the next regional bird as the best of both worlds? Although I guess they don't want you too overpowered...

I doubt they'd actually due it as the Hitmon comparisons would be too much...but a joint pre-evolution for Throh and Sawk? They could have it half red, half blue and throw in an anti-racist message :)

Gotta be honest I'm looking forward to the day Raichu evolves into the first 4-stage evolutionary line :P

Years
  • staraptor is the best regional bird imo its just so powerful, fair enough i was probably wrong about swellow but i still think an evolution would be cool

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Swellow, when set up correctly can become the strongest regional Bird. Staraptor can be comparable but with the Guts Ability and moves like Facade, you can stack up an Attack of 403 accompanied with it's high 125 Speed.

Anyway, about Fletchling I definitely can see it becoming one of the stronger regional birds, we already know it can learn Flame Charge which is a first! It was also noted that Fletchling is known to be Fierce in battle using relentless attacks. Regardless I will be using it on my team for X as I do with all regional birds on my first play through.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
  • isn't that more of a reason why Swellow shouldn't have an evolutionary form. It'll be a beast...I mean, unmatched. Well, unless gamefreak plans to drop its speed some; ya know, like what they did for Murkrow with Honchkrow...an add more HP or slightly more increased defensive stats? I dunno, man.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe it's body upon evolution hardens and it becomes Water/Steel that way it wouldn't have much rivally except for Piplup's final evolution.

I don't recall anyone mentioning this yet, but what about a Sharpedo evolution? I feel like it should be a member of a three stage line. It's evolution could be made to look more shark like and less Piranha.

Years
  • I'd like a sudowoodo evolution too, maybe making it into a really big tree instead of a little flimsy one, and yeah fletchling looks like it could be really strong, also it looks like its going to be part fire which is good.

Back