• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Major '9/11 Conspiracy' film to be released in 2013

Years
Source

Sept. 11th was surely one of the most defining and poignant moments in American history. The events of that day have been rehashed in countless television specials and documentaries, but in 2013 audiences can expect something different. A 9/11 "truther" fim titled "September Morn" is set to hit theaters and it has two big Hollywood names at the helm.

Martin Sheen and Woody Harrelson will star in the 9/11 truther flick, according to Yahoo! Movies. The film will focus on some of the theories presented by the truther movement, a coalition of individuals who believe that the mainstream media has deceived the public about what really happened on Sept. 11, 2001.

"September Morn" has been described in an advanced publicity note (via IMDb): "We the people demand that the government revisit and initiates a thorough and independent investigation to the tragic events of 911. In the vein of '12 Angry Men' this dramatic piece is set with a stellar and award winning cast."

In 2007, Sheen first expressed doubt over the true events of 9/11. "I did not want to believe that my government could possibly be involved in such a thing, I could not live in a country that I thought could do that – that would be the ultimate betrayal," he said during a 2007 appearance at We Are Change L.A. "There have been so many revelations that now I have my doubts, and chief among them is Building 7 –- how did they rig that building so that it came down on the evening of the day?"

The actor was alerted to the "inconsistencies" in the collapse of 7 World Trade Center, the cornerstone of September 11th conspiracy theories, by his son Charlie, according to Yahoo!.

Harrelson and actor Ed Asner, who will also appear in the film, have aligned themselves with the truther movement as well, according to the Guardian.

Indie Wire reports that the 9/11 conspiracy film is set to be directed by BJ Davis, whose resume includes "Charlie Sheen's Stunt Spectacular" and "Forget About It." It will be produced by John D. Schofield.

The film will be shot in one location, similar to "12 Angry Men," according to Indie Wire.

I was always very perturbed about 9/11 and the conspiracy theories. I don't think there's anything to the wild conspiracy theories, but at the same time, I don't trust the Bush Administration either.

Thoughts on the topic of the movie? Is there anything to substantiate their claims? (That way it stays here rather than in G.E.)

Last edited:
Years
After 9/11 happened (because I'm old and I was around then) I thought it made sense that the government could have had something to do with it. I saw some of the videos that claimed the towers couldn't have fallen how they did from a crash and must have been destroyed from hidden explosives, that some people in business and government acted strangely that day in a way that made it seem that they knew something was up, and how there's never been images showing what happened at the Pentagon.

Now... I dunno. I still kinda feel like there's more than we've heard. Not necessarily a conspiracy theory. I don't think a movie will have more information, don't think it will have new information. I think we'll learn more in like 30 or 50 years.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've always rolled my eyes at the 9/11 conspiracy theories and I can't imagine this one will be any better, even with the director of a Charlie Sheen production. <insert :rolleyes: smilie that was popular on the internet around the time of 9/11>

I've never heard a theory that was anything more than a simple "what if??". I'm perfectly content with all the explanations given for what occurred that day and I almost feel like trying to implicate the government or large corporations is a little insulting at this point. Ugh, insulting isn't even the word I'm looking for but it just seems inappropriate? Then again, I don't think it really matters at this point. I mean, I understand the need for closure and the need to place blame on whatever entity is easiest to blame but it's been so long now that I don't think it would really change very much if it DID come to light that the government was behind it at the time. I mean, what could they even do to "fix" the situation then?

That said, it's not like one film among what is probably going to be many in the years to come (as if there aren't enough already) is going to make it obvious that the perpetrator was the government/whomever all along... nor will it even raise much awareness for the idea beyond controversial hype.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
http://www.youtube.com/user/RKOwens4

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...uk-wGi06TkCw&q=Screw+Loose+Change+Movie&hl=en

"Truther movement"? We'll I'll be glad to hear the nonsense they say this time "Uhh the towers didn't fall like anything ever resembling a controlled demolition but probably they were demolished. After all, why would a tower collapse after a 1-hour fire caused by a 767 hitting the building with tons of fuel at 500mph?? That's insane! Must have been invisible explosives that no recording anywhere in the city that day caught on tape. And all that pieces of airplane in Pennsylvania? All produced afterwards! The plane didn't fall! The people in there were taken by the CIA to the "Lost" Island!!"

There is a thing called "Occam's razor" that says: two options presented, the less insanely complex one is probably the truth. I'm going with that this time.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Seriously? A 9/11 Conspiracy FILM? There are already all sorts of documentaries and **** on all these stupid conspiracies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68LUHa_-OlA

"We knew about the attacks way before they happened, and the Bush Administration decided to use it as an excuse to go to war. Why else would military grade bombs be used to demolish the buildings? A plane couldn't do that. There were videos of suspicious people entering the buildings at night with unmarked vans. Why would they want war? Oil."

I don't think a film like this is really necessary. Documentaries have already covered this topic in the past decade, I don't see a reason to beat the dead horse further when the mainstream won't easily be swayed.

Last edited:

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
I've never heard of any of the Theories other than Bush destroyed the towers for money, but that was South Park. I've also always wondered how one plane can cause an entire building to collapse, especially from so high. If it crashed closer to the middle or towards the bottom, then yeah sure, as the plane could have destroyed vital supporting collumns. I'm not a structural engineer but I know enough about Structural integrity to smell something fishy. I don't think there has to be a movie but it might open peoples eyes a bit.

Ivysaur

Years
Why else would military grade bombs be used to demolish the buildings? A plane couldn't do that. There were videos of suspicious people entering the buildings at night with unmarked vans. Why would they want war? Oil.

They must have been amazing bombs. They were invisible, as nobody noticed them. They were incredibly easy to deploy, as it took 24 days to prepare the Hudson Building (26 stories, a little bit smaller than the Towers) for demolition just three years earlier- apparently these were bugged in one night without nobody noticing! And their explosion didn't cause any explosions (you know, flashes and all that stuff), nor any sound prior to the collapses! Compare a control-demolished building falling to the WTC falling.

Not to mention that controlled demolition causes buildings to collapse at free-fall speed. Which wasn't the case here.

I've never heard of any of the Theories other than Bush destroyed the towers for money, but that was South Park. I've also always wondered how one plane can cause an entire building to collapse, especially from so high. If it crashed closer to the middle or towards the bottom, then yeah sure, as the plane could have destroyed vital supporting collumns. I'm not a structural engineer but I know enough about Structural integrity to smell something fishy. I don't think there has to be a movie but it might open peoples eyes a bit.

This should explain what happened: http://www.debunking911.com/impact.htm and http://www.debunking911.com/collapse.htm

In short, the planes did not bring the towers down- they were designed to withstand a (much less massive) impact and they did, since they took like an hour to fall after being hit. And your ideas are in part right, as the tower that was hit on a lower spot collapsed earlier. But why the collapse? Because of the gigantic fires that weakened the steel trusses supporting the building. There weren't any concrete structures supporting them so the buildings relied entriely on the steel columns. The fire didn't melt them, but it did weaken them enough for them to become unable to stand the weight of the stories over them. As such, the tower with more stories over the weak point collapsed earlier. Kind of what happens when you hold a spoon over a small fire for long enough- it doesn't melt, but it becomes weak enough for you to twist it as you want.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
I am genuinely curious to see how this is approached from a movie standpoint. I would love to see it done in a way that sticks mostly to the facts but probes speculation enough to at least make people question what they've been told a bit. I dislike that people just accept an admission of guilt as reason enough to put an end to the worst attack on American soil since the 1940s without even conducting an investigation. I have yet to ever see a thorough, independent investigation conducted regarding the attack, which really bothers me and I think is why most of these conspiracies exist to begin with. I guess I hope that this movie at least pushes people to think about what caused it to happen at the very least.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
They must have been amazing bombs. They were invisible, as nobody noticed them. They were incredibly easy to deploy, as it took 24 days to prepare the Hudson Building (26 stories, a little bit smaller than the Towers) for demolition just three years earlier- apparently these were bugged in one night without nobody noticing! And their explosion didn't cause any explosions (you know, flashes and all that stuff), nor any sound prior to the collapses!

I don't actually believe the whole controlled demolition thing, but I do believe the government knew that an attack was coming and did little to prevent it. I was summarizing their stance and beliefs and calling it a waste of time, which is what this movie is. The only documentary we needed about this was Fahrenheit 9/11 which had nothing to do with conspiracies.

No need for trollish sarcasm. :{

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Oh boy!! I like watching these, I find them interesting.
Since I don't live in the USA, as mean as it sounds, I'm not really bothered what actually happened.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Oh boy!! I like watching these, I find them interesting.
Since I don't live in the USA, as mean as it sounds, I'm not really bothered what actually happened.
Probably because you weren't affected. It's hard not to be indifferent when you weren't affected let alone living in the same country.

Personally, I am indifferent to it as well, possibly since I was way too young to know what was going on when it happened. I was only 6 if I remember correctly. I remember I used to naively believe that two towers side by side in our state were the twin towers and would constantly ask about why it was still up because I thought it was destroyed. I was still too young to even give a **** or think about what happened there and be bothered by it. Blissful ignorance, I guess.

Ivysaur

Years
I don't actually believe the whole controlled demolition thing, but I do believe the government knew that an attack was coming and did little to prevent it. I was summarizing their stance and beliefs and calling it a waste of time, which is what this movie is. The only documentary we needed about this was Fahrenheit 9/11 which had nothing to do with conspiracies.

No need for trollish sarcasm. :{

I'm sorry I come off like that, but I have had a few gos at "controlled demolition" conspiranoists in some other forums and I'm a bit too defensive when it comes down to these :P My apologies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Probably because you weren't affected. It's hard not to be indifferent when you weren't affected let alone living in the same country.

Personally, I am indifferent to it as well, possibly since I was way too young to know what was going on when it happened. I was only 6 if I remember correctly. I remember I used to naively believe that two towers side by side in our state were the twin towers and would constantly ask about why it was still up because I thought it was destroyed. I was still too young to even give a **** or think about what happened there and be bothered by it. Blissful ignorance, I guess.

I was affected. I lost family to it, but I just honestly can't be asked the effort to argue and bother to try to say what actually happened.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'll probably watch it then. I find conspiracy theories to be fascinating and thought provoking.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
There is a thing called "Occam's razor" that says: two options presented, the less insanely complex one is probably the truth. I'm going with that this time.

So much this. I've not yet heard a theory that sounds any more realistic to me than "planes were flown into these buildings and the buildings collapsed". I mean, there are some conspiracy theories out there which sound plausible, but that's because the people who come up with these theories are able to start with absolutely anything they want to - since there's no actual, hard, proven evidence that it was the government or otherwise, then they're able to use whatever minor details they want to use to come up with a story that sounds believable. Whereas people who don't believe the conspiracy theories have the rather major detail of the, well, planes crashing into the buildings to go by.

On the topic of this film - no, I won't be watching it. I don't think I've watched any 9/11-related material 2001 because there's been so much conspiracy stuff and so much "omg what really happened" stuff that it all just seems kinda disrespectful to me. This was mass murder, not an opportunity to get views for your TV program and make money. I think it's ridiculous that this is still going on now and will be continuing in 2013 where producers have the audacity to use not just a documentary, but a full-on film, to continue making money out of this tragedy. 9/11's been turned into a gigantic money-maker for the media and it's annoying me.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
I don't actually believe the whole controlled demolition thing, but I do believe the government knew that an attack was coming and did little to prevent it.

Yep, this is my view as well.

I don't see anything enlightening about this movie apart from the fact that Woody Harrelson hasn't retired from the industry as a result of the Rampart fiasco.

Years
Well, the Government had been warned of the possibility of an attack many years before 9/11 occurred. Clinton had reports here and there of Al Qaeda planning missions as early as 1997-8 I believe. And CIA intelligence had the chance of an attack as 'imminent' as late as summer 2001, and CIA Director George Tenet and George Bush did nothing.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
These "truther" idiots need to give it up already. The truth was that bad guys, which our intelligence confirmed were on the plane AND connected to al-Qaeda, hijacked the planes as an anti-American statement. When it being the World Trade Center angered more than just the USA.

They really need to give it up. It has been 11 years. When more stuff is found out, it'll come out. They don't need to press lies upon the American public anymore.

Back