• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon HOME has released

Years
  • ^doesn't seem like it @_@

i downloaded the mobile app and within the first few minutes, it froze and had to be force closed, and then crashed a while later haha. hopefully won't be persistent issues and is just from all the traffic or something... will try eshop version tomorrow!

pkmin3033

Releasing it with a minimum amount of fanfare hoping that people will overlook its outrageous cost and poor value, no doubt. Radio silence tends to be their reaction when one of their products is cause for shame.

I might explore the free version at some stage just to see how it handles - in a few months, when they've learned how to manage it properly without having it crash from excess use - but honestly I'm not sure I want it dirtying my Switch's home menu.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • ^ Sorry but 20$ per year is... outrageous? I don't agree with that.

I've moved all my Pokemon from Bank to Home!
    Happy to be able to see all of my Pokemon on my phone!
    Shall be toying w/ moving some of them to Sword so we can go camping soon.

Years
  • I was only alerted by a friend and checked the app shop immediatly but couldint find it. After following a link to the webbased app shop it said my phone wasent compatable. After finding a place to down load it (Androids you gotta love them) I managed to download and check it out. Works fine on my phone with no problems so was surprised that google said it wasent compatable with my phone. Ive been tinkering and trying out everything I can with it and I gotta say I love it.

Its portable and on the go which I like and smooth working and also the fact you can store pokemon from other games in the francise. My only problem is the premier price. We were paying ten pounds sterling a year for the box's before hand and now it's near 15 pounds. Why the price increase? I mean year I still think its resnable once a yearand sooner or later i will be makeing full use of the service but I havent seen an explination yet from nintendo of the reasons of the increase which I would be interested in seeing

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I downloaded the free version to transfer between SWSH saves, but I had a friend transfer my 3DS 'mons for me.

Out of the Shinies I had transferred, the one Virtual Console Shiny was the only one to have "square" sparkles. Because of this, I'm under the impression that all VC Shinies have square sparkles. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: I also noticed that Pokémon that were Hyper Trained in SMUSM lose their Hyper Training stats when transferred to SWSH.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I got an email, and downloaded it right away, both on Swith and phone. Transferring from Bank went super easy, and I didn't even have to get my 3DS. Overall I'm happy to have all my Pokemon in one place. I also did Wonder Trades, and tonight I'll transfer some of my Pokemon to Shield, and maybe use the GTS to trade for what's left of my dex.

Years
  • Today I learned I can give friends my move code so they can transfer their mons to my Home. Made it easier to help someone with moving theirs. For some reason I assumed moving would be local only, no complaints there. so far it's been going ok for me, though I've seen people say they have kept things in the wonder box for hours and hours and they still haven't been traded :x

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Wonder Box is extremely slow. I'm not really in a rush, so I'm okay with leaving ten Pokemon and pick up the traded ones after a work day, but somehow I expected it to go much faster. Haven't tried the GTS yet.

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
  • Yay! I got mine set up and picked out a cute lil' Squirtle. But I won't be using it until I get my hands on some newer games and that might be a while. This does motivate me to get the Let's Go series which is probably on clearance at this point since the fan response was underwhelming. It would be nice to transfer all my GO babies over, but you can only do so with Let's Go. It's pretty amazing to me that pokemon caught through the GO app can potentially be converted into "real" pokemon in the mainline games. Especially because they aren't battled and caught in the conventional way. In a way, I guess that might cheapen the mons that were caught through normal battle means, but what can ya do?

Back