• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Merchandise] Charizard plush (unknown company, over 15 years old, need to find company creator)

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
Years
  • Hey this is my first time posting on this forum, and on this site in general. The reason I have come here today is to know what company made my charizard plush over 15 years ago. I can give a description of its details as of right now (I'm on phone, don't give me hate). The mouth is wide open, as if it is about to use flamethrower, the tongue is quite easy to move, it's quite large (maybe is the 50-60 cm mark, head to toe), it's head is look to the side, floppy wings that are attached to the arms and body, and the flame on the end of the tail is made the same
    Way as the rest of the plush. It's got stuffing in the flame. Hope this is enough for now, I'll try to get a picture of it as soon as I can. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      522.8 KB · Views: 12
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey this is my first time posting on this forum, and on this site in general. The reason I have come here today is to know what company made my charizard plush over 15 years ago. I can give a description of its details as of right now (I'm on phone, don't give me hate). The mouth is wide open, as if it is about to use flamethrower, the tongue is quite easy to move, it's quite large (maybe is the 50-60 cm mark, head to toe), it's head is look to the side, floppy wings that are attached to the arms and body, and the flame on the end of the tail is made the same
    Way as the rest of the plush. It's got stuffing in the flame. Hope this is enough for now, I'll try to get a picture of it as soon as I can. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Is there a tag somewhere on the plush?

Generally TOMY has made the vast majority of Pokemon plushes, but I've got limited familiarity with any plushes released prior to 2008.

Years
  • Took a bit of a look, and the only place I could find that was making Charizard plush in that size in the late 90s-early 2000s was a company called Play By Play. The Charizard they were making had the same pose, but it looks like a slightly different material, and the eyes aren't quite the same.

If there are any tags on the plush, it would definitely help, though. There was such a saturation of Pokemon merchandise when Pokemania was at its height, that I'm sure there's a lot of stuff out there that is next to impossible to find on the internet.

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
    Years
  • Is there a tag somewhere on the plush?

Generally TOMY has made the vast majority of Pokemon plushes, but I've got limited familiarity with any plushes released prior to 2008.

There was a tag, but because it's so old (I've had it all my life) you can't see any text on it anymore.

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
    Years
  • Took a bit of a look, and the only place I could find that was making Charizard plush in that size in the late 90s-early 2000s was a company called Play By Play. The Charizard they were making had the same pose, but it looks like a slightly different material, and the eyes aren't quite the same.

If there are any tags on the plush, it would definitely help, though. There was such a saturation of Pokemon merchandise when Pokemania was at its height, that I'm sure there's a lot of stuff out there that is next to impossible to find on the internet.

The plush is so old, it's impossible to read any text on there, probably because all the text has rubbed off of the tag.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I found the same plush on ebay through some looking and it indeed looks like it's a Play-by-Play plush! I supposed they had two types one less fuzzy and more one fuzzy and you have the less fuzzy one.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hello! Is that the big Charizard??

The one that's almost like a big pillow?

If so, I have one, so I'll see if its tag is still there.

Back