• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need more team help

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    I'm setting up a new team and my first team Is a great success thanks to the you lot here. I'd like to include a special lucario and my 6 iv shiny latias or deoxys. Latias is the only battle ready one at the moment with a speed sp attack ev spread calm mind, d pulse, roost and physhock.

Thanks for the help

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Special Lucario is only good in its Mega form, as Adaptability powers up Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon to incredible levels:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere
    -Flash Cannon
    -Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball/Vacuum Wave
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Lucarionite
    Ability: Inner Focus/Steadfast

Other teammates would be appreciated as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    I was thinking of including a rotom wash (resto chesto) hydro pump, volt switch, willow wisp and??

and a infernape

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The Chesto-Rest Rotom should look like this:

-Rotom Wash w/Chesto Berry
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.Attack
    Moves: Hydro Pump, Volt Switch/Thunderbolt, Will-o-Wisp, Rest

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Oh of course that was a huge derp by me for got the rest part of resto chesto

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    And if you wanna use Infernape:

-Infernape w/Life Orb
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    Ability: Iron Fist is preferred, but may not be easy to get
    EVs: 180 Attack, 76 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed
    Moves: Overheat/Fire Blast, Close Combat, Thunder Punch, Hidden Power Ice/Mach Punch

or

-Infernape w/Choice Band or Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Iron Fist/Blaze
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Thunder Punch, U-Turn/Mach Punch

And maybe throw something anti-Fairy onto the team? Was there anything else you wanted to use?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    The special mega lucario does a bit of anti fairy with flash cannon. I'm actually trying to get a marvel scale extreme speed dragonite. Either that or a garchomp with poison jab or my landorus

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The special mega lucario does a bit of anti fairy with flash cannon. I'm actually trying to get a marvel scale extreme speed dragonite. Either that or a garchomp with poison jab or my landorus

Poison Jab Garchomp is not worth it. Proof:
    -STAB Earthquake: 100 x 1.5 = 150
    -unSTABed supereffective Poison Jab: 80 x 2 = 160

There isn't much of a difference here. And how is Landorus anti-Fairy?

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • Just saying, but a special-based Mega Lucario is not really worth it. Close Combat has a whopping 240 base power because of Adaptability. You don't want to waste that, so I recommend a mixed set.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Just saying, but a special-based Mega Lucario is not really worth it. Close Combat has a whopping 240 base power because of Adaptability. You don't want to waste that, so I recommend a mixed set.

Specially-based Mega Lucario is viable in its own right. Both physically-based Lucario and specially-based Lucario have different checks and counters, so this gives Lucario a degree of unpredictability.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    I had the thought of maybe using a typlosion as a anti trevenant using incinerate and extrasensory

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I had the thought of maybe using a typlosion as a anti trevenant using incinerate and extrasensory

Not worth it. Incinerate is still weak. You're still better off using Knock Off with another Pokemon to hit Trevenant super effectively and get rid of its Berry. While the move is weak as well, it gets stronger if the opponent has an item. A lot of Pokemon learn Knock Off, thanks to the Black 2/White 2 move tutor.

Infiltrator users like Noivern also bypass Trevenant's Substitutes, if it uses the move. Sound move users like Exploud, Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon do that as well.

Back