• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

of course it's an actual equation, got it from my college Math textbook

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
That's still pretty general, though. I know what the Paleontology branch in my university does, and most of their research involves microfossils (Radiolaria, Dinoflagellata, Diatoms, Spores and Pollen) but they also do macroplants an animals, mostly mammals.

I'm not aiming for anything too specific as far as lab work goes though despite my implications from my last post. The only thing I'm not completely willing to do would have to be digging as I said earlier but hopefully I'll learn how to properly dig for fossil samples in the future provided I'm taught how.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Digging is the fun, part though. |D There was this one time we were looking for shark teeth and it had rained a lot the days before. Everyone was using their hammer and bare hands to find teeth in the mud. |D Fun times, fun times. (It's not exactly digging, but yeh... Fossil hunting was always the high light of university trips.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I have no doubt that it will be fun, I just hope I don't screw up lol.

Speaking of shark teeth, I used to have a few myself back when I was younger. Even had a necklace with one to boot lol.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
So now I have half a shark tooth (I wasn't that lucky, some found more than 5 very nice specimen) from the Miocene. For my birthday last year, a friend brought another one for me. :3 You can buy almost anything on fairs or expos or in shops, but nothing quite beats finding a fossil yourself.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
8. never found a fossil myself, but I can understand the excitement. Btw, kotowari, your new theme is awesome!!! =D

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Don't know how popular of a building stone it is in the Netherlands, but if you look at freestone (Arduin/Blauwe Hardsteen for you Dutch-speaking people) there should be plenty of fossils stuck. They're all calcified, so they're pretty obvious.
119749550_cc3e0819a8_m.jpg

Shells and corrals a plenty. A friend of mine once found a very nice snail in a freestone quarry (on the waste heap). So nice, that my professor asked if he could keep it at the university, she kindly refused.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it myself. :'3

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

YES

FINALLY

I BEAT THE WORLD LEADERS TEN TIMES

and then promptly got my butt whooped by the Champions

but I did beat Red

TAKE THAT, YOU LEGENDARY TRAINER WHO EVEN ARCEUS FEARS

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years

I don't have Black/White 2 sadly ;-;

I've been taking time speedrunning games, like..Need for Speed, and lately Sonic Generations.
Managed to get 1.54 on Green Hill Modern...what are some games you've been speedrunning?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Does beating Black 2 in 6.5 hours count as speed running?

Yes, I abused action replay and it was a ROM

not much of a Speed-runner

and ironically, I got 4 Total Victories (No Pokemon faint) in a row with Rotation battles against the world leaders

used Ampharos, Cressalia and Zoroark

Cotton Guard+Charge+Leftovers=Tanking all the damage

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Currently too busy with Fire Emblem to do all the post game stuff in Black 2. But none the less, do have anything in mind that I simply must do?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

Just as long as the fossils are in good condition will I be satisfied but I digress.

Been too busy with Bioshock 2 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations lately to be playing any Pokemon, at least for now.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I thought my laptop would have turned up today but it didn't. In the last fortnight I've only watched 2 cartoon episides, this can't be good for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I've been too busy with hanging out with my sister, Tales of the Abyss (PS2 Version so with my sister), and reading Percy Jackson (which is my sister's fault). Today when she gets home we'll be heading out to get her Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and then heading to the library so I can see if they have the third Percy Jackson book. Then ... going wherever else we're gonna go. Maybe buy a movie at Wal-Mart to watch.

... Geez. What would be my life if I didn't have a sister right now.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

The McChicken Mythic is goood. Used to be fan of the Premiere, but they stopped making those. : <

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I just get whatever McChickens off the dollar menu. xD; So the normal McChicken and currently the Spicy McChicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back