• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that Pokémon?! (Paint Edition)

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
  • Sup everyone! :)

In this game it's time to put both your Pokémon knowledge, your deductive skills, and your Paint skills to the ultimate test! We all know the infamous "Who's that Pokémon" break from the anime (and if you don't, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQumd_o0Gk ), and we've all been sitting in front of our tv shouting the name of the Pokémon that was possible hidden behind the blackened shape at some point..

So what we're going to do is:
    1. The OP (me) will start by posting an image of a Pokémon's shadow (that I drew in Paint).
    2. The next poster answers and posts an image as well for the next poster, and so on.

In order to make sure the game keeps going, I'll ask to have an image ready before replying to the previous poster.
    Thanks and have fun! ^^

ANYWAY, WHO'S THAT POKÉMON, POKÉCOMMUNITY?!
    uevy.png

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I believe that's a Squirtle if I'm not mistaken :P

Heads up for mine: painted from memory so it may not be 100%

UaDEt5V.jpg

Serperion

The Fallen King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Clefairy I presume going by its tuft and Spiked Ears unless if this is Cleffa in which there would be no arms which makes sense so my guess is either Cleffa or Clefairy.

This one should be pretty obvious

1G6vjZ7.png

Serperion

The Fallen King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    It is a Hoothoot

This one should be pretty obvious, sorry the portions are a bit off

HmZaI64.png

CliCliW

Years
  • I believe that's may be a Zubert :)

Next up: No one'll get this one {XD}

n0orDcc.jpg

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
    Years
  • It's a Diglett!
    Here's mine:
    Pokeguess.png

*Edit* Nope, not Ducklett.

Last edited:

CliCliW

Years
  • Is that a Ducklett maybe? I'm not really sure.....

Here's another one. I had a picture of this one up while painting so I could copy it, cause laptop mouse pad thing is awkward enough without the flaws in the picture. Anyway:
    Spoiler:

Serperion

The Fallen King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    It is a Pachirisu probably using Spark

Ok this one took a bit to make but hopefully the colouring should give it away also once again sorry the proportions are off

SbSvtwR.png

Also I recommend top everyone we do not do repeats

CliCliW

Years
  • How do you do your ones so well? Seriously they look like so much work has gone into them! It's amazing!

Anyway, that's a Gyarados, no?

This one?
    KHEqOUf.jpg

Serperion

The Fallen King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Using MS Paint I use the Curvy Line, Circle and Straight Line Tools, After completing the Silhouette I Cut it out and Make the Background and the Paste it back in, obviously with Transparency on. I also use a sprite Sheet for More complex designs such as Gyarados' however simple ones like Zubat and Wailmer are done from memory of features

Also that's Munna...

ok since this is seeming a bit tedious with the one pokemon I Guess it is time for

SPECAIL ROUND NO.1

i81UYnh.png

Note in Future Special Rounds the Pokemon will not be related

Last edited:

CliCliW

Years
  • Using MS Paint I use the Curvy Line, Circle and Straight Line Tools, After completing the Silhouette I Cut it out and Make the Background and the Paste it back in, obviously with Transparency on. I also use a sprite Sheet for More complex designs such as Gyarados' however simple ones like Zubat and Wailmer are done from memory of features
    Wow, I must be reeeeealy terrible with paint then, my curvy lines are terrible. Oh well, practise makes perfect I suppose {XD}

ok since this is seeming a bit tedious with the one pokemon I Guess it is time for

SPECAIL ROUND NO.1

i81UYnh.png

Note in Future Special Rounds the Pokemon will not be related

That is the Oddish, Gloom and Vileplume line...
    Maybe special rounds could constitute parts of a Pokemon's outline, say for the sake of argument a Pikachu's ears or something? I don't really know. And maybe we should have a system for deciding a special round? say every X amount of posts?

Another easy one..
    TNEaEfn.jpg

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Ahh, 2 days before the revival limit is up but it'd be a huge waste to see this game lost - I think yours is Skiploom!

xFGNBxt.png

I never claimed to be good at art ;)

Back