• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Name: Tiberius Drake

Nickname: None

Element: Fire/Earth

Spells:
Spoiler:

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

History
Spoiler:

Other:
Spoiler:

Code: Challenge me!!!

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
It seems to be progressing well, Fury. I just have a couple questions/notes that shouldn't particularly make things take longer to finish.

• Why is his name Dragonstone? The RP takes place in a modern Earth setting, regardless of magical aspects, so naming is going to be otherwise normal. The name is acceptable (pushing it, but acceptable), but only if there's a good reason for that to be his last name. (For example, he has eccentric/stupid parents. There are a lot of stupid, yet completely legal, names that people actually use.) Maybe consider something like Drakeson? Or another normal-sounding name? :3
  • Fire Blast seems like it's just a more power-fed version of Ignition, at least how I read it. So, you could actually combine them into a single spell to make room for another.
  • Don't know how you'd work Earth magic into it, but if you come up with something, Colony and I are all ears.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

Years
Thanks for the feedback! My responses are below.

1. Yeah, I've actually thought a bit about it, and I figured out another name for him -- Drake will suffice. It's simple, and it fits the whole "fire" theme anyway.

2. I've given considerable thought into this, and I've been brainstorming on spells to replace Ignition... I might have landed on a good idea or two that I'll be implementing in the next edit of my post.

3. For the whole Fire/Earth combo, I wanted to pursue something both original and something that I was at least a bit comfortable with going with. After skimming through the other possibilities involving Fire, I decided that this was likely the best route for me to take with this -- especially for the family history I've got in mind for my character.

I know my app is likely going to require quite a lot of butchering before it's actually "complete," so I would love to discuss this with you over either PM's or Skype (if you have it). I'd love to expand my creative writing skills to more advanced levels, and I would very much appreciate the help. :)

EDIT: I changed up his spells, as well as changed their names to suit their roles better. Also, you'll see how I worked his Earth element into his spells by changing the effects of "Inferno," as well as adding "Eruption" (listed in red) to his list of spells, instead of Ignition.

Last edited:

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Colony and I would be glad to help in any way we can. You can find my Skype info on my profile, so go ahead and add me, and I'll add back as soon as I can get on my computer. Just make sure to tell me it's you. ;3

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Okay, so it's been a few days since the teacher post was posted, and we wanted to see if anybody is planning on posting before we continue the class. So, is anybody currently working on, readying, or thinking about making a post? If not, then we'll progress the class.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
You can progress it. I don't have much to do with Alma at the moment, and that way I can just post something sometime over next week (spring break).

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
No one wants to ask the cowboy any questions?

Alright, then, we'll have the first lesson posted up soon.

Today: fire. It cooks our food, but why does it hurt when we touch it? Does it hate us? How can we please it?

Also, Fire magic.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Hey, SU for you guys.

Spoiler:

Colony

Years
Okay, so, I'm gonna keep this short and sweet since I'm working on a paper at the moment. Geras, you're accepted. I'll add you to the OOc and IC initial posts later on tonight when I'm not so busy.

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Alrighty, Cosmic, Tiberius is officially accepted! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
9147859ecn5.jpg

Name: Kofi Jackson

Nickname: N/A

Element: Earth / Water

Spells:

Aqua Sphere: Kofi uses Aqua Sphere as both an offensive and defensive spell. Kofi creates a sphere completely made of water trapping anything inside it. Kofi can focus all of his energy in sustaining the sphere or use it in a quick burst trapping his opponent in it for a couple seconds. Kofi can also control the rapids inside the sphere either letting the water be still or creating a swirling vortex spinning the opponent around inside causing them to suffocate at a faster rate and become dizzy with trouble regaining their balance once released from the sphere. While channeling Aqua Sphere Kofi is unable to cast any other spells.

Surfs Up!: Kofi creates a tidal wave of varying sizes depending on how much energy he uses. The tidal wave is able travel short distances (longer if Kofi pours more energy into his attack). This is Kofi's most well rounded move as he uses it for mobility/defense/offense. For mobility he creates his tidal wave under his feet and surfs the wave allowing him to get high in the air and dash in various directions. Offensively he uses the wave to come crashing down on an opponent. Defensively Kofi uses the tidal wave as a wall to block attacks. Since this wall is made of water if the attack is hard and fast enough it will pass through the wave. Also heavier objects usually get through the wall with relative ease.

Gia Spire: Kofi slams his fist or his foot into the ground causing a spire of varying sizes to shoot out from the earth in any which direction Kofi chooses. Kofi is a strategist and uses this move to set up a lot of his combos, using the spire in various different ways.

Personality: Peace, love and tranquility are the three main virtues that Kofi stands for. In Kofi's world everybody is beautiful in their own way and everyone is a friend; he wishes to inspire the world to move towards that type of thinking. After many years of traveling the country seeing all of the beauty the world has to offer he's grown into the "go with the flow" mentality and likes to preserve whatever peace there may be. Beautiful weather, beautiful sights, creatures and beautiful flowers always seem to surround him wherever he goes; probably sensing the earth magic as well as his peaceful nature.
Despite Kofi's peaceful nature he may be just one of the smartest kids around. Ever since the 4th grade every teacher Kofi has ever had repeats the same thing "Kofi is one of the brightest kid's I have ever taught, but he doesn't do the work. Ask him a question and he'll know the answer right away but give him a homework sheet and you'll never see it again." This is no different at The Vale Institution of Magic. When it's time for class and Kofi isn't there, there is no question where he will be; He's probably hanging out under a big tree somewhere watching the clouds and relaxing.

Kofi is very easy to get along with and very hard to anger. If there was one thing about Kofi's personality that didn't seem to fit the rest it's his competitive nature. Kofi loves to compete and hates to lose, though he will lose gracefully and admit when he is defeated. The first thing Kofi will say to a stranger he meets, "Wanna go chill bro?"

History: Kofi grew up a pretty sheltered life. He was fortunate to be born into a household where money was never a problem. Other than that his family was just another ordinary family but with a knack for having great athletic ability throughout their whole family. His mother and father both graduated from Harvard. His mom continued on to do environmental work throughout many "less-privileged" communities while his dad was a businessman. His dad was a success story growing up poor and becoming very successful so even though they had a lot of money he instilled good values in Kofi about money and tried not to spoil him. Kofi's carefree attitude helped play a role because he never really cared about material items of money, if he had some he had some and if he didn't he didn't it wasn't a big deal.

Kofi's parents always knew that their soon was a very peace loving and somewhat lazy boy. They tried to motivate him by giving rewards for good school work and also by taking away things for poor school work but nothing really seemed to effect Kofi his grades would never really improve higher than the C+ - B- range but everyone knew he was capable of getting straight A's; as he proved so in 7th grade scoring a 29 on the ACT and registering an over 160 IQ. Despite this Kofi's parents have always been very supportive about anything he was wanted to do so when one day Kofi packed a backpack and told his parents he would be heading out to find his way in life they understood and accepted his decision as well as gave him a cell phone and debit case he got into any serious trouble.

Kofi set out on foot to explore the world and see its beauty for himself. He traveled and hitchhiked his way all the way up to Oregon where he spent the rest of his time. Oregon to him was the beauty of the world he felt such peace and tranquility there. One day he was sitting on a river bank with his feet in the water and stuck his finger in and started swirling the water around to make a little mini funnel to amuse himself. When he took his finger out the swirling didn't stop it kept going and going. Kofi sat there for at least half an hour staring at this swirl he made. Soon his eyes where moving in circles following the swirl and then all of a sudden the swirl started moving in circles surprising Kofi. To Kofi this shocked him but not for long he decided to experiment and discovered that he could manipulate water. Soon after he went back to his resting spot underneath a nearby tree and sat down and put on his headphones to just listen to music and soak in what he had just discovered. Listening to his favorite band "Nirvana" he started tapping to the beat and noticed when he was tapping his feet against the ground the ground would raise and create bumps; not shocking him after his incident with water he found he was a magic user of both Earth and Water

Code: "What's good bro wanna show me what you got?" (aka Challenge me)

Other: Kofi was able to capture the 1st swirl of water he ever made in a little see through vial which he keeps with him in his back pocket for good luck, as well as having a necklace made of string with a wooden peace sign worn around his neck

Impossiperiod

The Impossible Period
Years
Hey everyone,

Sorry for being absent but a lot has come up in real life causing me to be away from my computer for uncomfortable amounts of time. (I'm going through withdrawals!) But with the end of my school year coming up and finals and graduation just around the corner, I've been using the time lately to focus on myself, my grades, and my future college plans.

I hope comes a time that I will be able to devote more time to this roleplay that I have grown to love but my attendance will be fleeting. I am unsure if I should pull out completely or just for the moment until this time in my life has passed.

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Give it a little more time, I say. Think about it while you're sleeping through lectures, and if you can't throw the couple hours a week into typing for your RPs, feel free to tell us.

Regardless of your choice, we'll make sure there's still a spot open for you so you can jump right back in. :3

Cosmic Fury

Years
To be quite honest, I'm not sure how to introduce my character. Is he coming in a day late? Will there be others to tell him where he should be?

I'd very much like advice, because my writer's block is standing before me like a wall.

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
There's no reason he needs to be a day late, and most of the time it's just a shoehorned excuse. How about you give him an NPC friend in class who was impressed with his exam, and they talk a bit during the magic demonstrations? Maybe add a bit of a flashback to what happened to give us an idea of how he fights. :3

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
The same class (fire-based dual element demonstrations) is still going on, because Colony and I have been lazy about moving along. We've been procrastinating with the joint post challenge.

We're going to move into the mechanics of fire magic as soon as we stop being butts, and you'll have some freedom to move around and be creative.

Colony

Years
Okay, so after some long, hard deliberation on whether or not Vale could continue with the storyline that had been originally created for it, Birdy and I decided that it would be in the roleplay's best interest for it to be redesigned. What this includes is a complete overhauling of the story, possibly including a brand new setting, better class set ups, and a restructured list of elements, along with a plethora of other new or changed features. I've already asked for Magic to lock the OOC and IC, so I apologize for how sudden this may seem.

One nice little addition that has already been decided is that Light and Darkness will be available for characters*. Birdy and I would like to thank everyone that has been with us so far and hope that everyone returns when we finish the reworking. If anybody would like to ask either of us a question about Vale or would like to know how the redesign's progress is coming along, you can VM or PM us.

*Based on extremely complicated and convoluted criteria that Birdy has yet to make up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back