• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] Skip intro Tuts in Fire Red

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
  • I'm looking for a way to skip the button tutorials/opening letter that appear at the beginning Fire Red, like Pokemon Dark Violet.

Is there an ASM routine or a byte change I can use to skip them?

Last edited:

TheBatPrince

Banned
    Years
  • I'm looking for a way to skip the button tutorials/opening letter that appear at the beginning Fire Red, like Pokemon Dark Violet.

Is there an ASM routine or a byte change I can use to skip them?

What Programming Language is the Game written in? Or whatever Language you're using to Mod it?

I don't think you would need an Assembly Routine for something like this, because (although I've never coded for Pokemon myself before) it seems unlikely that Language would be used for an In-Game intro. That Language is more often used in the past 10 or so years for just booting up the Machine itself. More of a Hardware level thing, not so much to do with the actual Game Application (it is after all an Application saved to the Memory Board of the Cartridge), which would have been designed in mind with the other Programmers needing to work with a more fast-developing, GUI-friendly Language.

Remember that the Game itself is at a much higher level than the Kernel and Shell level of the DS, which is where you usually would see ASMs more.

Last edited:
    Back