• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angel Beats! Fan Club

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • So what you're saying, is that the whole thing with the black monsters are spawned from the NPCs that start to have emotions; namely love, right? I think I understand that part now. I just don't get the whole thing with the reset they mentioned.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • What's your favorite GirlDeMo song?
    Crow song too :D

Seems great in my ear.

I totally forgot this group existed

My favorite GirlDeMo song would be either Crow song or Alchemy.
    I have loved Crow song since I first heard ever heard it.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I really should watch the last episode tonight or tomorrow. x_x I've got so much stuff I would like to do and in so little time. D:

Anyway, if I were to organize some sort of special, and awesome Angel Beats! collab with some cool stuff in it, and featuring Otonashi, Yurippe, Kanade, and all the other cool dudes, who would go for it?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    BINARY I LOVE YOUR ICON.
    Thank you. n__n
    although I've already changed my avatar countless times already.

I really should watch the last episode tonight or tomorrow. x_x I've got so much stuff I would like to do and in so little time. D:

Anyway, if I were to organize some sort of special, and awesome Angel Beats! collab with some cool stuff in it, and featuring Otonashi, Yurippe, Kanade, and all the other cool dudes, who would go for it?
    I think I finished AB! in a single week (a rough estimate). XD; Don't rush it, enjoy the moment. :D

I think you should do it (and I might join you too). :3
    And it also looks like we need a new topic. But my brain's not working at the moment, sorry. :x

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Well I just thought of a topic thanks to you. :D

How long did it take you to watch Angel Beats!

Well I haven't finished it yet, and I can't even remember when I started watching it. I think it's taken me so far, around 1-2 months to watch it. I'm reaaaaallly slow when it comes to watching anime, or anything for that matter. :P

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • How long did it take you to watch Angel Beats!
    I actually started watching Angel Beats during my last Summer holiday, so I managed to get the series finished in one whole night. xDD;;
    Though, if I started it during school days, it would have taken me much, much longer. I'm really slow with anime, unless I have alot of free time.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Continuing from my previous post, yeah.. I think I finished it all in roughly a week. And I had to restrain myself from going over two episodes a day XD; I wanted it to last and it was pretty hard, especially around the beginning of AB! lol. It was Autumn/Winter last year, I think. I don't really remember.

Uecil

Years
  • How long did it take you to watch Angel Beats! ?
    I started watching it when it was first released, but it took about a month for me to watch it, I think. Anime crazy take a while to sub episodes, so...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Well, when I started watching it 12 out of the 13 episodes aired, so I finished the 12 in one day and then finished the last one the day it came out.Also to add on to the current topic:

Did anyone watch the two OVA's?

I watched both and thought they were pretty interesting, altho Another Epilogue could have been longer :x

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I ended up finishing Angel Beats yesterday, and it confused me a lot until I read the synopsis of the plot again on Wikipedia. I think what happened to me is that I found it hard to tell when something else was starting to happen, which totally sucks. Now I know it's all in totally seperate parts, like the first lot of GirlDeMo, the guild and the shadow monsters and so forth.

I've heard of both of them, and both of their reactions, but I haven't seen them. I wouldn't mind seeing them, as it's just fun to see how Otonashi ends up. :)

Last edited:

Uecil

Years

Well, when I started watching it 12 out of the 13 episodes aired, so I finished the 12 in one day and then finished the last one the day it came out.Also to add on to the current topic:

I watched both and thought they were pretty interesting, altho Another Epilogue could have been longer :x

I've only watched one, but I didn't know there was a second OVA of AB!.
    I'm so psyched to look it up now and start watching it. :P

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Forgive my long long absence in this club lol.

I dedicated one day to watching it last year. I was on vacation, and had jet lag from my trip, so I was up for about 24 hours.

Oh crap, really? I knew there was that one bonus episode, but I didn't know there was a second one...-goes to watch-

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
    I watched it in 2 days, I'm a bit busy man XD

I watched the 1 OVA so far, I will watch the other.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Bumping, out of curiosity to know if anyone else has seen any of the dub yet?

A couple of weeks, give or take. Probably a bit less. I watched it slowlyyy.

Seen one, but I actually didn't know the second one was out.. o_O

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I didn't know the dub was out, and as such haven't seen any of it yet. I might go watch an episode to just see how it compares and stuff, but I can't really say I'm interested. Maybe a tiny bit(?).

I didn't know there were two. XD; I've seen one though.

Uecil

Years
  • I've seen half of the first episode dubbed. It was okay, but they didn't have to change Shiina's "How shallow minded.." saying. ;~;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The dub isn't all that bad, they mostly have good voices, except that Hinata was iffy the first few lines. > >; By the end of the episode, everyone sounds okay. Tenshi is almost spot-on.

Although, they changed Guard Skill to 'God Skill'.

Makes me wonder if Guard was a mistranslation in the fansubs, but it sounded like she said Guard, and not engrish!God.. so eh. The original made more sense, because she protects herself and never fights back much, though the dub one makes sense too.. I suppooose.

& I can't find any second OAV anywhere..

Uecil

Years
  • posting in here before it's too late

I really, really, really like Naoi's voice for this dub because it's the same dubbed voice as Sunohara Youhei's and it really suits Naoi's personality.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wanna join! :3

I think the second OVA is the alternate ending. It's counted as separate in MAL but it's only 2 minutes long.

Uecil

Years
  • I wanna join! :3

I think the second OVA is the alternate ending. It's counted as separate in MAL but it's only 2 minutes long.

Welcome to the club, Toujours! [/late, sorry :<]

Yeah, I thought that too.

Has anyone heard anything about there being a confirmation of the second season yet?

All I could find on YouTube was this:

it could be fake, but who knows

Back