• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Top 3 Defensive Pokemon?

blu11

blu
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2021
    What's your top 3 defensive pokemon and why?

I'm looking over my team and I just noticed all of them are made for offensive strategies. I'd love to hear what you guys think!

redragon94

~dragon~
    Years
  • I also wouldn't mind finding out. I had great fun IV breeding and EV training adamant and modest Pokemon's but I feel like I need some reliable tanks now 😂

I wouldn't know about top 3 but I feel like corviknight and Ferrothorn must be up there for best

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Regenerator Toxapex is pretty dope imo

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I've had the most trouble with:

Toxapex
    Hippowdon
    Dragonite

(From the top of my head)

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Toxapex bc Regenerator, good defensive typing, Baneful Bunker.
    Gastrodon in doubles bc of its HP and great typing, also bc of Storm Drain i think.
    Corviknight bc of its overall good defenses ofc, also Body Press that makes good damage.

Not to mention that the first two have access to Recover and Corviknight has access to Roost

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Toxapex bc Regenerator, good defensive typing, Baneful Bunker.
    Gastrodon in doubles bc of its HP and great typing, also bc of Storm Drain i think.
    Corviknight bc of its overall good defenses ofc, also Body Press that makes good damage.

Not to mention that the first two have access to Recover and Corviknight has access to Roost

If Gastrodon's ability were Sap Sipper, it would be very hard to beat 😄

Impuulse

sent out Politoed!
    Years
    • They/Them
    • U.S.A
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    This ones a hard one, but I'll try my best.

My first option is probably Ferrothorn.
    The reason why I chose Ferrothorn is because of its moves; its main ones being Spikes/Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Leech Seed, And Thunder Wave. These moves paired together can be phenomenal on Ferrothorn as it makes it amazing for a defensive wall.

My second option is Reuniclus.
    The reason I chose Reuniclus is because of its amazing base stats; 110 HP, 65 ATK, 75 DEF, 125 SP.ATK, 85 SP.DEF, and 30 SPD.
    You can easily boost both of its Special stats using Calm Mind.
    Use Recover to stall out your turns.
    (Optional) Use Trick Room to give you a speed boost.
    Spam Shadow Ball after using Calm Mind a few times.
    Use Protect when you don't have anything else to use, or you just feel like stalling out your turns.

Toxapex is amazing too, the reason why I chose Toxapex is because...
    Its defense stats are phenomenal, coming in at a base 152 DEF, and 142 base SP.DEF.
    Some moves you could pair with the Toxapex is..
    Scald
    Recover
    Haze
    Knock Off
    Toxic
    Baneful Bunker.

Hope this helps!😁

Back