• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Paras16699

Paras Shah
Years
  • Totem Alolan Marowak is insanely strong to defeat, especially when having Detect + Toxic-Venoshock-Torment Salazzle as the partner.

Either it shouldn't get buff in all stats or it shouldn't hold Thick Club.

I had a Lvl 53 Decidueye against it as the lead (grinded 15 Levels using Rotom Exp Points and PP Restore defeating 40+ wrong answers Marowak in that trial) with full HP, max Atk EVs and yet it wasn't able to OHKO that Totem Marowak with Spirit Shackle..

And after that, the Marowak-Salazzle duo went ahead to sweep the rest of the team (consisting of EV trained Snorlax, Gigalith, Araquanid, Murkrow, Onix). Again.

Last edited:

Paras16699

Paras Shah
    Years
  • Suggestion: Raise Gunk Shot's PP or give it some other Poison type move on level up. Alolan Muk's damage output is pretty low without it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2020
    Been trying to catch Meditite in Ten Carat Hill's grass area for sometime but it doesn't seem to appear at all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Totem Alolan Marowak is insanely strong to defeat, especially when having Detect + Toxic-Venoshock-Torment Salazzle as the partner.

Either it shouldn't get buff in all stats or it shouldn't hold Thick Club.

I had a Lvl 53 Decidueye against it as the lead (grinded 15 Levels using Rotom Exp Points and PP Restore defeating 40+ wrong answers Marowak in that trial) with full HP, max Atk EVs and yet it wasn't able to OHKO that Totem Marowak with Spirit Shackle..

And after that, the Marowak-Salazzle duo went ahead to sweep the rest of the team (consisting of EV trained Snorlax, Gigalith, Araquanid, Murkrow, Onix). Again.
    Without the all stats aura it's completely trivialized by almost any water type from the previous trial site, and without the Thick Club it doesn't do enough damage to be threatening to a full team. Even with +1 speed it's quite slow, so it needs to hit hard (that said I haven't tested it after buffing Marowak's HP stat, maybe that's a problem now). You do have four even slower Pokemon on your team though so I can see why it's giving you trouble. If you just want to OHKO it giving Decidueye a Choice Band should be enough to do that.
    Suggestion: Raise Gunk Shot's PP or give it some other Poison type move on level up. Alolan Muk's damage output is pretty low without it.
    Sure, I could give it Poison Jab seeing as the TM is found far too late into the game.
    Been trying to catch Meditite in Ten Carat Hill's grass area for sometime but it doesn't seem to appear at all.
    Sorry about that, thought I'd fixed that issue. It was only in one patch of grass but should now be in all of them in the latest version.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2022
    Totem Alolan Marowak is insanely strong to defeat, especially when having Detect + Toxic-Venoshock-Torment Salazzle as the partner.

I one-shot it on the first turn with the Water Z Crystal, so I didn't have much trouble. The hardest one for me was Totem Araquanid .

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Man, I'm doing a second playthrough of the ROM hack just for fun, but I just realized that there's an inconsistency that I should have mentioned long before this:

- On the northern sandy portion of Route 15 that leads to Route 16, to the right there's a double battle against two swimmers who have two Jellicent. The problem with it is once you beat them, they still mention having Frillish on their teams instead of their evolved version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Man, I'm doing a second playthrough of the ROM hack just for fun, but I just realized that there's an inconsistency that I should have mentioned long before this:

- On the northern sandy portion of Route 15 that leads to Route 16, to the right there's a double battle against two swimmers who have two Jellicent. The problem with it is once you beat them, they still mention having Frillish on their teams instead of their evolved version.
    Ah yeah I think there are quite a few trainers with that issue, thanks for letting me know!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Well, finally back in here, though with only a single suggestion:

- Buff X-Scissor in some way (a personal idea being increasing its crit rate). As it is right now, X-Scissor is left totally outclassed by Leech Life: they're both the exact same BP, but Leech Life has the healing effect as well as the TM for it being gotten a lot earlier (Leech Life being available near the end of Akala Island, while you have to wait until post-Totem Mimikyu, over at Route 16, to get X-Scissor), which leaves X-Scissor as an inferior option usable only by Pokemon who have literally no other STAB or coverage options. Giving it a secondary effect and maybe changing its BP could help the move stand out a bit more on its own, and let it carve a niche not taken up by its leeching big sibling.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Well, finally back in here, though with only a single suggestion:

- Buff X-Scissor in some way (a personal idea being increasing its crit rate). As it is right now, X-Scissor is left totally outclassed by Leech Life: they're both the exact same BP, but Leech Life has the healing effect as well as the TM for it being gotten a lot earlier (Leech Life being available near the end of Akala Island, while you have to wait until post-Totem Mimikyu, over at Route 16, to get X-Scissor), which leaves X-Scissor as an inferior option usable only by Pokemon who have literally no other STAB or coverage options. Giving it a secondary effect and maybe changing its BP could help the move stand out a bit more on its own, and let it carve a niche not taken up by its leeching big sibling.

Hey, I thought the same thing when I first saw the Leech Life buff: why would I ever use X-Scissor over this? Turns out that hardly anything learns Leech Life, and many of the mons that do don't even want to use it as they're special attackers, so X-Scissor's niche is that it's actually compatible with more than a handful of Pokemon. That said I see no reason it shouldn't be a Bug-type Leaf Blade clone, it's a pretty underwhelming move as it is. Thanks for the suggestion!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    hey I saw your hack looks cool but I only have normal sun and I can't buy ultra sun right now
    can I play it with normal sun? Ik it has some missing pokemon and location but can I play it at all?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    hey I saw your hack looks cool but I only have normal sun and I can't buy ultra sun right now
    can I play it with normal sun? Ik it has some missing pokemon and location but can I play it at all?
    Hey sorry the hack won't work with normal Sun, there are too many differences in the files. It'd probably just cause Sun to crash or freeze on startup.

Danvex203

Toge-lover
    Years
  • Hey Buffel! Just passing by to thank you for the awesome hack as always and inform you about a trainer at Malie City North (Outer Cape, The Janitors HQ and that stuff), the Rising Star Nainoa you give the letter to and asks for a battle has a LvL 29 Delibird and LvL 29 Mudbray. I don't know if it slipped through the roster but its understandable since there's a lot of coding in that.
    Thank you so much once again!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey Buffel! Just passing by to thank you for the awesome hack as always and inform you about a trainer at Malie City North (Outer Cape, The Janitors HQ and that stuff), the Rising Star Nainoa you give the letter to and asks for a battle has a LvL 29 Delibird and LvL 29 Mudbray. I don't know if it slipped through the roster but its understandable since there's a lot of coding in that.
    Thank you so much once again!
    Hey, you're welcome! Thanks for letting me know about this (and for including the trainer's name!). I missed quite a few of the optional trainers as there wasn't much info on them around when I was making the hack, so I didn't know they existed. I'll give Nainoa a proper team next time I update the hack.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2020
    HEY buffel thanks for making this amazing hack. do you have any tips for doing a randomizer run? i tried to do it own my own and the guide i read told me to delete the update data which is not optimal. im using a physical 3ds and a digital copy of ultra sun if that helps. when i attempted it on my own i had the randomized files but none of your changes (one of the starters was illimise which was just a normal bug type and missing the fairy typing) thanks for all you do!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    HEY buffel thanks for making this amazing hack. do you have any tips for doing a randomizer run? i tried to do it own my own and the guide i read told me to delete the update data which is not optimal. im using a physical 3ds and a digital copy of ultra sun if that helps. when i attempted it on my own i had the randomized files but none of your changes (one of the starters was illimise which was just a normal bug type and missing the fairy typing) thanks for all you do!
    Hey, glad you like it!
    I've explained how to randomize my XY hack in this post; it's a very similar process for USUM, but you'll need to copy a different set of files back into the hack once you've randomized it. There's a list of what each editable file contains in pk3DS (go to options -> about gGARCs). If you need any more info or some clarification I'm happy to help, just let me know!

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2022
    Hi, how can i play this hack in citra for android? I dnt know how to install the files in mi phone citra is a quite diferent of the pc version
    Sorry my bad english im from uruguay so

Ahmad Adnan

Unknown Elite
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    can u buff alolan raichu in this and normal raichu in eternal x this is my only request

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, how can i play this hack in citra for android? I dnt know how to install the files in mi phone citra is a quite diferent of the pc version
    Sorry my bad english im from uruguay so
    Hey, sorry I keep forgetting to make an android guide. For now there's this post which explains where to put the mod's files. You'll also need to install a copy of the vanilla game's update for the hack to work, but I don't know how to do that on the android version (should be an option somewhere).
    can u buff alolan raichu in this and normal raichu in eternal x this is my only request
    Sure, they could both use better level up moves at least!

Ahmad Adnan

Unknown Elite
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Yess thank you Buffel Saft my opinion is to increase alolan raichus special attack by 15 you are really nice that you even responded to my comment

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Yess thank you Buffel Saft my opinion is to increase alolan raichus special attack by 15 you are really nice that you even responded to my comment
    As in an extra 15 special attack on top of the 20 I've already given it? That's a big buff! I probably won't go that far but I guess I could move the attack buff into its special attack instead.

Back