• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slowbro Effect Confusion

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    The effect on Slowbro (first generation Fossil) says that:

"As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Pokemon to Slowbro as long as you don't Knock out Slowbro. This power can't be used if Slowbro is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed."

Does this mean that if you have two damage counters on two different Pokemon can Slowbro take all the damage counters from these Pokemon.

or

Does this mean that Slowbro can take only one damage counter from each.

or

Does this mean that he can only take one damage counter from one Pokemon and that's it.

Thanks

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since this is more of a question about the card game rather than an introduction, I'm gonna go ahead and move this to the TCG section of the forums. You may need to be a bit more specific as to which Slowbro card you're talking about.

Moved.~

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • You can do it "as often as you like" from any of your Pokémon (multiple times if necessary). The wording is probably just so you do it one counter at a time.

That's how I interpreted the rule back when I played the game (like 10 years ago).

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • It's basically you can move damage counters to him from your other pokemon to give them a slight edge. But given his low 60HP, he can only use the effect for 5 damage counters overall, after which point his effect is useless since he can't knock himself out and therefore can't take any more damage counters. It's a pretty bad card even back in the old days since it has such low HP and an effect that forces him to either be wasted bench space or a ridiculously easy KO when he's forced to become active.

Many cards do this effect much better, such as Reuniclus from Black&White, who can move damage counters from any pokemon to any other pokemon as many times as one wishes during one's turn, adding for a lot more variety and strategy.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • It's basically you can move damage counters to him from your other pokemon to give them a slight edge. But given his low 60HP, he can only use the effect for 5 damage counters overall, after which point his effect is useless since he can't knock himself out and therefore can't take any more damage counters. It's a pretty bad card even back in the old days since it has such low HP and an effect that forces him to either be wasted bench space or a ridiculously easy KO when he's forced to become active.

Many cards do this effect much better, such as Reuniclus from Black&White, who can move damage counters from any pokemon to any other pokemon as many times as one wishes during one's turn, adding for a lot more variety and strategy.

It's probably worth noting that Reuniclus's Ability (Damage Swap) is exactly the same as the original base set Alakazam's Pokémon Power. So if you're playing with old school cards, Base Set Alakazam is the way to go when it comes to moving damage counters.

Back