• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
#include stditems.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x800200
checkitem ITEM_RARECANDY 0x5
if 0x5 goto 0x880020D
end

'---------------
#org 0x80020D
lock
end

Can anyone figure out why this script won't work? I tried checkitemamount but it wouldn't decompile in XSE. Trying to make it where if you have more than 5 rare candies it will freeze the game.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
#include stditems.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x800200
if 0x5 goto 0x880020D
end

'---------------
#org 0x80020D
lock
end

Can anyone figure out why this script won't work? I tried checkitemamount but it wouldn't decompile in XSE. Trying to make it where if you have more than 5 rare candies it will freeze the game.

If checkitemamount won't compile, then that is because the name has been changed. Hit F1 in XSE and you will see a command database pop up. Now, scroll through the commands until you get to the command with the number "0x46". This is the command for checkitemamount. See what it's new name is and change your script accordingly.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I'm pretty sure you need to compare LASTRESULT 0x5 first.

What do you mean? Also KarateKid serious question..... Are you Albert Einstein?? Lol seriously dude not a question goes unasked without you giving the correct answer to it. Much love and respect to you dude.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
#include stditems.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x800200
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x1 goto 0x880020D
end

'---------------
#org 0x80020D
lock
end

Do this, It should work if your level script is correct.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
What do you mean? Also KarateKid serious question..... Are you Albert Einstein?? Lol seriously dude not a question goes unasked without you giving the correct answer to it. Much love and respect to you dude.

Gogojjtech beat me to the answer of your first question.

Unfortunately, I am not Albert Einstein, but I do learn quickly and I really enjoy rom hacking and I like to share what I have learned with others, which is why I answer questions so much. There are many more hackers around that are much better than me, but have chosen not to help out as much. No disrespect meant to them, it just isn't their thing. I tend to enjoy helping people out, but most don't which is why they don't frequent these threads, and that is their personal feelings and choices which I respect also.

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
Zem here, back with yet ANOTHER problem. Can anybody take a guess as to why my msgboxes and signposts look like this now (see attached image).

I don't think I did anything too drastic to the ROM, but this appears to have only happened since I patched with diegoisawesome's Force Male Gender patch.

Thanks again guys.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hiya guys!

Umm... When I re position the battle textboxes (the one showing HP, EXP, name, lvl etc.), do I have to hack the Video RAM too? I wanted to move it so (I could make sideview battles. I hate making backsprites.). If so, how? If not, how will I do it?

Sorry for the question that is a bit pointless for others!

Oh and what's this about #includestditems.rbh?

What does it do? Why is it needed?

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years

I'm interested too, i'd like to know where I can find the other include commands for XSE. I remember them being super useful when I'm writing in C++. I didn't even think to add in libraries in XSE. I'd be grateful for more info on this as well.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

I'm interested too, i'd like to know where I can find the other include commands for XSE. I remember them being super useful when I'm writing in C++. I didn't even think to add in libraries in XSE. I'd be grateful for more info on this as well.

#includestditems.rbh allows you to substitute actual items names in place of hex values in XSE. In order to use it you will need the actual stditems.rbh file that comes bundled with most XSE downloads (If you don't have it you can download it here).

For example, in the line 'giveitem 0x15E 0x1 0x1', instead of typing '0x15E' I could type 'ITEM_POKEFLUTE' and XSE will be able to compile the script. This makes it easier for people who find it hard to work with numbers rather than names, or if they just don't know the hex value for a Pokemon, item, move etc.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
#includestditems.rbh allows you to substitute actual items names in place of hex values in XSE. In order to use it you will need the actual stditems.rbh file that comes bundled with most XSE downloads (If you don't have it you can download it here).

For example, in the line 'giveitem 0x15E 0x1 0x1', instead of typing '0x15E' I could type 'ITEM_POKEFLUTE' and XSE will be able to compile the script. This makes it easier for people who find it hard to work with numbers rather than names, or if they just don't know the hex value for a Pokemon, item, move etc.

Oh so that's what it was about. Hey I can edit that right? So in the stditems.rbh it says ITEM_POKEFLUTE I can edit it to make it say just POKEFLUTE so when I type i in XSE I just type POKEFLUTE? (If I don't make sense, please let me know.)

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Oh so that's what it was about. Hey I can edit that right? So in the stditems.rbh it says ITEM_POKEFLUTE I can edit it to make it say just POKEFLUTE so when I type i in XSE I just type POKEFLUTE? (If I don't make sense, please let me know.)

Yup, you can do that. Just be careful to not make the same as other commands or they might get mixed up. That's why they're initially written as 'ITEM_POKEFLUTE' because you're never going to use that exact same line anywhere else in your scripts.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have another question also related to this:

Hiya guys!

Umm... When I re position the battle textboxes (the one showing HP, EXP, name, lvl etc.), do I have to hack the Video RAM too? I wanted to move it so (I could make sideview battles. I hate making backsprites.). If so, how? If not, how will I do it?

Sorry for the question that is a bit pointless for others!

Where's the Battle Textbox raw?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Most likely next to the battle textboxes in unlz. Or the pointer after the pointer to the textbox is the raw.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Most likely next to the battle textboxes in unlz. Or the pointer after the pointer to the textbox is the raw.

Well, in unLZ there was none. (Unless it was Deep-Scan.) I don't know about this Pointer after the Pointer thing though.

Oh. And is there anything else I can use to export tilemaps.raw from a ROM except unLZ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
GBA Graphics editor. It can be better as it allows you to search by offset instead of Lz number.

Thanks bro.

BTW guys, can someone link me to "A-Map 1.92 Hacked"? I found it in Petalburg Woods Forums. It says that it can support Jambo51's Map Name Extension Hack. I can't download it there because it's in a package. Link's dead too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back